As many of you are aware GT6 update v1.09 has arrived. There were some hints that we were going to get some new content but the arrival of several new cars and a whole new track have surprised many. Update v1.09 weighs is at 598mb and introduces players to the Red Bull Ring, founded as "Österreichring" but known by many as the A1 Ring. Located in Austria, the Red Bull Ring has some 18 F1 and is a fast point a squirt circuit. The latest update provides the full circuit and also a short version ideal for low power car spring races.
The Update also brings the addition of several new cars, RJN Motorsport GT-R NISMO GT3 as used in this years GT Academy, the Lexus IS F CCS-R ’11 and the Volkswagen Vision GTI which we were of course all expecting. There are also many other tweaks and adjustments to physics/options and some basic features added that are outlined below
GT6 is still without much of its promised content, like the anticipated community features that were advertised back in January. Perhaps we will finally see them on the horizon and maybe with v1.10. (I have said this before ;-) )
Adjustments to the physics simulation model
The physics simulation model of “Gran Turismo 6” has been updated with the following changes:
The dynamics of the car on surfaces with cornerstones and bumps have been improved
The effect of the tyre geometry has been changed (mainly for the “Camber Angle” option)
The handling of some rear heavy cars has been improved;
The default settings of the tuning parts have also been adjusted to match the above changes.
Other cars adjustments
On the various Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X models, it is now possible to enable the [Active Steering] under the [Driving Options] of the “Quick Menu”.
Other offline improvements and adjustments
- [Data Logger] can now be opened from the “Quick Menu” of Time Trial events. Please note that only limited features will be available in this way. Please refer to the online manual for more details.
- A [Reset to Default] option that returns the car to its showroom condition has been added under [Car Settings].
- Signal Starts are now enabled on tracks with signals.
Other online improvements and adjustments
- A countdown is now displayed on the bottom right part of the Open Lobby screen, showing the time before an event starts and the time when the track voting ends.
- The uploading time for both Drift Trials and Time Trials (Section) have been changed.