1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Apr 5, 2015] Q3 GBRC Honda S2000 Championships (scenga77744)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Dec 30, 2014.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q3 GBRC Honda S2000 Championships
scenga77744
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Apr 5, 2015 09:00 PM
End: Apr 5, 2015 11:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

[​IMG]

"HONDA S2000" Championships
    PLEASE NOTE : Race Admin are present at all official events so please keep it as clean as possible when racing with other members

Event information
    For this event we will be taking a Honda S2000 to the track with a high revving vtec giving it a slight tune and weight reduction with 3 short races for close enjoyable racing .

Signup
    Unlike on our old site, signup for events is handled a little differently. You will need to signup for the Championship as either a "Yes" or a "Wildcard". Please make sure you signup correctly to ensure you have a place. Failing to do so may mean that you can not take part in the event. If you are confused please post up for clarification.

Guidelines
    [​IMG]
    Car Information

Honda S2000 / 300bhp/ 1100kg / 470pp / sports soft any S2000 excluding the LM Race car and tuner versions. No turbo, no tuner cars, no flat floors, no front or rear wings power to be kept within 10 percent .

Track Information

Week 1 Rome reverse - 15 laps
    Week 2 Nurburing GP/D - 14 laps
    Week 3 Brands Hatch GP Circuit 80s - 14 laps
    Week 4 Autumn Ring - 16 laps

Race Information
    8.00pm = Qualifying Starts
    8.15pm= Race 1
    8.45pm = Race 2 reverse grid
    9.10 pm =Race 3 reverse grid

Lobby Information
    Admin Host (PSN scenga77744)
    Tyre Wear & Fuel = FAST
    Aids OFF
    ABS Allowed
    Racing line ON
    Slipstream REAL
    Track Edge Grip REAL
    Boost OFF
    Penalty OFF
    Mech Damage OFF

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  2. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Big thanks to rams who has shared one off his set ups for the s2000 yes this is a champonship that tuning the car correctly will help so i encourage any one to share there set up but much like the real clubman racing done at many local tracks tuning may be kept secret big up to rams for taking the time to share this set up

Specced for the Honda S2000 Championships in Q3, I read somewhere on the internet that this is the fastest of the many S2000 in the game. Don't know of it's true or not but thought I'd tune one and make it a reference for the Premium 06 model and they heavier 03 car which I liked in an early seasonal at Matterhorn.

Tuned at Rome and given a few laps at Nurb GP\D, Brands Hatch and Trial Mountain. This car can be quicker at Rome with more aggressive LSD (lower Initial, higher Accel, lower Decel) it'll turn in sharper but requires very precise handling so I've opted for this safer set up which is a better starting point for the series imo.

Performance Points: 470
    Max Power: 300 bhp
    Weight: 1100kg
    Weight Distribution: 49 | 51
    Displacement: 1997cc
    Max Torque: 28kgfm

Game ver: 1.16

Tyres: Sports Soft

Parts
    Pit Service: No Oil Change
    Wheel Size: Standard
    Suspension kit: FC Suspension
    Transmission: FC Transmission
    Clutch: Triple-Plate
    Engine Tuning: Stage 2
    Exhaust: Racing
    Weight Reduction: Stage 3
    Other: Exhaust manifold, Intake tuning, Carbon bonnet, Window wt reduction

Suspension
    RH: 110 | 105
    Spr: 8.50 | 9.50
    Com: 1 | 1
    Ext: 3 | 2
    ARB: 5 | 4
    Cam: 0.0 | 0.0
    Toe: 0.00 | 0.12
    Brake Balance: 4 | 3

Transmission
    Reset, Final Gear to 4.100, max speed to 112mph, then set individual gears below
    1st: 5.650
    2nd: 4.020
    3rd: 2.966
    4th: 2.405
    5th: 1.966
    6th: 1.676
    Final: 2.500

Drivetrain
    F:
    R: 10 | 17 | 10

Power Limiter: 90.7%

Body
    Ballast Weight: 70kg
    Ballast Position: 20%

Driving Aids
    ABS: 1

Motorhead_51 and Bry_St3r like this.
  3. Bry_St3r

Club GBRC

Thanks for the above set up will give it a go :)

4. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to give these/the Lotus'/the Nissans a run.
    I'll definately give Rams' setup a go.

5. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

It's worth mentioning the tune is for the Type V (US) '01, you probably won't get the same specs with those added parts on later models.

Bry_St3r likes this.
  6. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great with a setup but I cant do the gears, 1 gear only to 4918??

7. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

#7 Zebaldus, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    rams1de likes this.
  8. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

And power limiter at 88.4%

9. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Zeb, the tune is for the Type V 01. Later models have different power and weight as stock, so will need different parts to make the specs and transmission will be different too.

I'll take a look at the 04 model tomorrow night and if the suspension is ok will post a set up in the other thread.

Zebaldus likes this.
  10. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sounds super :)

11. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

looking forward to this, my night shifts end this weekend.... I hope. Will be home soon for some daytime setup practice laps (aka applying Rams setup to the S2K) before heading to beddie boys.

Motorhead_51 and rams1de like this.
  12. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

You're probably on the same time frame as Ryan at the moment, I know he likes the S2000's, might be worth a PM to see if he's about.
    @PAPPACLART

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  13. JamienGem

Club GBRC

Honda made some changes to the S2000 around 05 to stop it looking for hedges to drive into backwards, don't know if the game reflects this?

14. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

I can still get it go backwards into hedges but it does seem to handle a little different to the older cars.

It doesn't rev as high, makes a bit more torque and you could say it understeers in comparison to the others. Not enough that it requires any significant changes in driving style or set up, though.

Fido996 likes this.
  15. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'll be on later for a shakedown of the car around Rome. I'll probably have the club lobby open from about 7pm GMT for anyone that wants to join.

TwiztedZero likes this.
  16. TwiztedZero

Club GBRC

Thank you very much for sports soft! I ran a few laps with comfort soft and let me say it was the very definition of wheelspin.

Unfortunately I have to perform my National Guard duties (militiamen to the chaps across the pond ;)) this weekend, so yet again I will be absent from the official event. I hope to catch some of you practicing this week to perfect the tune for future races.

#16 TwiztedZero, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    Motorhead_51 and Fido996 like this.
  17. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

i should be around later steve

18. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Had a quick go last night. Not too many surprises with the car. Handled great, just needed a slight tweak for the gearing. The circuit feels faster this way round, not sure why though as you have an extra heavy braking area going this way round.

One thing I didn't look at was tyre wear. I've only just noticed that it will be set to fast. Had mine set to normal.

One things for sure though, it's a quick lap. Around the 1.14/15 mark. So the races won't be too long.

numbnuts70 and Motorhead_51 like this.
  19. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Tyre wear won't be a problem, I did a 17 lap stint (dunno why I thought it was a 17 lap race) and finished with 7s on the right, 9 and 8 on the left. Sub 1:15 on a clean lap at the end but easy to kiss the Armco which stuffs your momentum.

Motorhead_51 and Fido996 like this.
  20. Bry_St3r

Club GBRC

Been having a practice for this one 1.17+ and that was a one off so still nowhere near you guys.

will keep an eye out for you practicing and join in to see how I go.

Zebaldus likes this.