1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [Aug 19, 2018] MX-Roadster 3 week test series (lunchbox147)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by Lunchbox, Jun 26, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
MX-Roadster 3 week test series
lunchbox147
Signups: 0
Posted By : Lunchbox
Start: Aug 19, 2018 08:00 PM
End: Aug 19, 2018 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

To be fair @carlos77744 I never like to see a long standing member like yourself leave early, but think there was a misunderstanding from what I saw as I can confirm Jason did slow down to wait for you as I was a a short way behind the whole racing incident and I overtook him while he slowed up.

If anybody is going to be fair and correct it would be Jason I'm sure of that.

Hopefully see you on track soon Carl

2. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Replay of the incident

3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

So enjoyed last night but on such a short track it was full concentration all the time.

Race one got off to an ok start and after the first corner tucked in behind Jim and Steve behind me. As much as I tried Jim was just that fraction of a second quicker each lap so gradually extended his lead nice one Jim but I think every lap I had Steve snapping at my heals think there was a couple of sections I could just extend my lead over him but my weak corner was after the start/finish line and more than once Steve nearly had me braking Into that corner but managed to hold on to second place until the end.

Race two obviously started towards the rear and sat behind a good battle behind Jim, Carl, Rob and Jason, thought I would just hold back as joining a four way side by side scrap could have left me worse off. Jim was first in the pits then between offs and incidents just kept my head down to keep my position. Last lap Jim caught me and I just managed to hold on to second but Jim was quick and another lap would have resulted in Jim getting by I'm sure.
    Brilliant fun again Jason thank you and well done to Jim in the first race and Steve in the second for your wins.
    @Zebaldus it's a shame you pulled out if it's gearing your struggling with I will give you my gearing for next week it might not be the best but it might hopefully help you.

Hopefully you will be back @carlos77744 your always a strong contender, looking at the replay hopefully you will see it as a racing incident / misunderstanding as Jason was a little bit back from your off and he did wait I know in the heat of racing things can seem bit different than replays show, I'm the first to get grumpy as you well know its normally you that calms me down when I voice my opinion if I think somebody is wrong, I know It unsettled Jason and me as nobody likes to see members leave unhappy.

Close racing as ever thanks gents.

PS @Fido996 ..... Have a brilliant holiday say hello to Donald for me ( Duck not Trump )

#63 cokebloke, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    Robabt111 and Fido996 like this.
  4. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry for the rant Jason lost a load of time pointless carrying on
    I had seen you leave the track and was on my racing line and tried to ovoid you but loads of understeer but ended up slamming in the side then leaving the track on the next corner race over .
    In car I had no where to go so either way I will have lost places as the replay shows your car is rejoining the racing line .
    One of those racing things
    One rule maybe needs clarification if you leave track and loose control can you defend the postion as I find this can happen sometimes during races
    Again sorry for the rant .

5. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Many thanks to all that turned up and to Jason and Nigel for the hosting and organising , another fun night although the first race is one i will forget well at least the start not sure why my wheel had 2 full rotations in it , it wasnt just a turn to the right it was 2 full rotations of the wheel to the right , after that it was always going to be a lonely drive hoping for different in race 2 .
    Race 2 never disappoints the mandatory pit stop has everyone thinking out of the box and the reverse grid makes for very close racing at least until the tactical pit stops . Steve got off to a flier i couldnt match his pace and he slipped into the distance until he pitted , Jason closed on me and passed then made an error and i slipped by him but missed my braking point and he retook the position all the time allowing Carl to close then there is a fuzzy bit but i was in first with Nigel behind me which didnt last long as he soon reeled me in and soon after pitted leaving me back in front but with Steve who had already pitted closing fast so i pitted returning to track in 4th behind Nigel , things looked good for me when Jim had a moment and Nigel took 2nd from him and i slid by into 3rd but trying to hold Jim off requires not just concentration but pinpoint accuracy in braking and clipping apexes and the fast last right hander eventually caught me and allowed Jim through . Just as it seemed i would cruise home in 4th i went off track for the scenic route and allowed Jason to close in making me work the last couple of laps to hold him at bay .
    All in all another good fun night congrats to Jim , Nigel , Jason , 1st race and also Steve , Nigel , Jim , 2nd race for the podium spots .

Have a good holiday Steve relax and enjoy yourself and dont waste any time thinking of all the hours Jason oops i mean all of us will spend tuning the Civic .

Jimantonic'82 and cokebloke like this.
  6. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Updated OP with results.

Jimantonic'82 and Robabt111 like this.
  7. Come on guys, someone lighten the mood by saying something about Nige racing naked or something... :eek:

Race 1 for me was pretty straight forward, thankfully nobody had tweaked their gearing to get a massively better start than me so I had unopposed rights to the first corner, from then on apart from a few lapses in concentration it was head down and crack on, although I did get to a few points where the gap to 2nd stayed consistant and dropped.

Race 2 and starting at the back was always going to be tricky in these cars on this track with very few overtaking oportunities, my initial plan was to pit around the half way point but when I saw Steve's gap growing to the bunched up pack I thought an early pit might be in order, only for the sneaky little russian to put a lap or two later negating any undercut I might make.
    Managed to close up to 2nd but got a wheel on the grass and span dropping a couple of places to Nige and Rob.
    Closed up to Rob and followed until he kindly took a detour and let me by.
    Then I thought woth Nigels place I'll be sitting here by myself for the rest of the race but slowly managed to chip away, until the last few laps when I really closed up for a great close finish.

Thats how I remember it anyway, it might have been different as I was still drunk from the night before...

Lunchbox, Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  8. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thx for a great evening and all the help =)

Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  9. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Glad you enjoyed it Paul we don’t want anybody not to have fun so as we said before we can all (apart from Jim) :rolleyes: give advise on settings to help you, must admit grew to like that track it was hard at first but get to know it and it’s brilliant.

Look forward to Sunday.

Robabt111, Zebaldus and Lunchbox like this.
  10. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

@Lunchbox .....Jason while Carl and Steve are away and before the Civic race I was thinking of holding an Alpine test series but because Carl can’t afford a Cobra being the tight OLD git he is what do you think of racing the Cobra does everybody have one or have enough credits to get one.
    Not a problem either way but if I can get feed back from everybody please I will set something up.

Cheers gents

Robabt111 likes this.
  11. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

That would be great Nigel I prefer the cobra if not then I will go with what you think is best.

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  12. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Its what they do well Paul .

Lunchbox and cokebloke like this.
  13. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Any one or all i am mega rich and have them all :D:p:D

Will we be using the same tracks ? So we have a number of tracks for different cars , create a kind of circuit for events , each car type run over all or some of the tracks ? Am sure someone mentioned this before .

Zebaldus likes this.
  14. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Mr wealthy.:p .....not sure on tracks I need to do some testing but will let you all know, maybe next Thursday night we could try some track suggestions ready for Sunday

Robabt111 likes this.
  15. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

After struggling with the gearbox I may have it sussed I will be on tonight with a beer to give it a test .
    I should be racing Sunday our holiday flight is Monday 5 am start but we have Sunday to sort packing
    Of for the next 2 weeks so no racing for me I might look at the civic tonight as well room open 8 ish

16. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Watching a replay of thurs night showed how much pace you were losing Carl must say not like you i thought my mirrors were fecked as you got smaller not bigger as per the usual . I hope to be on later , need to find something to halt Nigel's ownership of the podium :)

Jimantonic'82 and cokebloke like this.
  17. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Its not your gearbox Carl its your age non of this happened before your birthday.:)

18. Doubt I'll make it tonight gents.
    A. I have to get the kids to bed.
    B. I've had no practice and haven't done a lap of this track at all I don't think.
    C. I've got no hangover to help me like last week.

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  19. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

That is a shame Jim always good to race with you, i suppose i will have to keep Nigel in-line myself thanks a bunch ;)

20. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Count me in.

Just sat down looks like a clear for launch!

Robabt111 and Jimantonic'82 like this.