1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [Aug 19, 2018] MX-Roadster 3 week test series (lunchbox147)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by Lunchbox, Jun 26, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
MX-Roadster 3 week test series
lunchbox147
Signups: 0
Posted By : Lunchbox
Start: Aug 19, 2018 08:00 PM
End: Aug 19, 2018 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. (That's the real reason I'm not racing, I can't take any more mental images of him in just stockings and suspenders whilst he races, don't tell him though, don't want to upset the old chap.)

Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  2. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Funny you should say that Jim that came up in conversation, as I explained due to the hot weather I'm racing in a mankini .........
    ...... now theres an image that would disturb anybody :p

Robabt111 and Jimantonic'82 like this.
  3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thank you Jason for a brilliant series and what a brilliant little car it needed a car like that after the BMW series.

In practise my car just didn't feel the same as Thursday night, Thursday I was getting regular 1.31's but not last night.
    Race one started third, Carl had found a tune that was good and Rob was flying getting second on the grid, that chap is getting faster each week. The race started and straight away it was that formation lap after lap, Carl was edging away and Rob and my times where pretty much equal but there was one corner that I could gain on Rob so I waited until I get it spot on and managed to undercut Rob and make it stick just managing to get by before the next corner. By this time Carl's lead was just that to much to do anything about so well done Carl for a well deserved win, myself retained second and Rob third, needing the points I was pleased to get fastest lap.

Race two got off to a good start and all seemed good with me sat in third but after only a few laps my tyres just suddenly became "slippery" allowing Carl to quickly catch up and overtake, it's weird how that can suddenly happen, so I pitted straight away and thankfully the tyres were ok again so as it happens it ended up as race one with Carl then Rob then myself and that's how it remained until the end but another brilliant nights racing and good fun to say the least.

Well done to everyone and it's so good to see everybody sharing set ups giving everybody a chance
    evan Paul was happy :p and thanks again Jason

My thoughts are because a lot of the club are on holiday the next two Sunday's I would hold a mini two week event with the Cobra the third Sunday Jason's going to be away and I don't think Carl or Steve will be back and Paul will still be away so will use that as a Civic shakedown ready for the next big event starting the week after.

#83 cokebloke, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  4. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Cheers Jason for the effort good mini championship 2 hours with rob on saterday got me on the speed took me a bit to get the gearing ok and find the lines I must say the track is one of the most technical I have raced on a game with blind corners and s corners .
    Rob keep at it your speed is there you just need some consistency in the race .
    Thanks again for the effort Jason and I'll be back for the civic you lads will have 2 weeks heads up on me great I'm looking forward to that one the racing will be totally diffrent .
    Ok so I'm of on holiday for 2 weeks so see you on track .

Robabt111, Zebaldus, Lunchbox and 2 others like this.
  5. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Well said Nigel and Carl an excellent car and track combo to follow the BMW Jason i look forward to a full series with this car .

Thursday night and Friday nights testing were vital to my performance in the race more so on that track than any other so far cheers to everyone that is also a member of the nobby no mates club for making the testing a fun place to be .

Race one my best qualifying on a Sunday to date started in 2nd and held on till lap 6 when Nigel eventually got turn one right and out paced me through the s corners , i made matters worse by making an error on lap 8 allowing Jason to close on me , maintaining his pace he passed me on lap 10 only to see me go off road out of the s corners to pass him on lap 11 , a brilliant move but unfair advantage gained so after some debating the issue Jason did take his place back , i might not ask twice next time Jason ;) . I followed Jason to finish 4th .

Race two starting in 4th but with a quick start i was in 2nd by the first corner following Holster who had decent pace and with the same time on track as most of us have had would have been more on pace . I have yet to find it easy to overtake even when i have the pace and Holster was close enough to the pace that i had to work and eventually rely on some knowledge gained from Friday nights testing , passing him on lap 3 putting me in 1st but , unfortunately for me Carl had closed enough so that he slipped quickly into 2nd . It was fun holding Carl off for 5 laps and ironic that i made a mistake on the blind bend where i passed Holster to take 1st place , allowing Carl to move into 1st . A pit stop at the end of lap 9 saw me returning to track still in 2nd in front of Nigel who i am glad to say didnt manage to close on me this time and i finished the race in 2nd , my first podium placing in a Sunday night event .Just goes to show that with time and help how much improvement can be made , cheers to everyone here for their time and tips help and other advice .

Once again cheers Jason for setting it up and Nigel for his secure hosting , cheers to everyone that turned up making it so much fun and well done to Carl , Nigel , Jason , race one and Carl , ME , Nigel , race two for the podium spots .

Have a good holiday Carl come back rested and overweight so your car slows a bit :D

Lunchbox and cokebloke like this.
  6. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Just noticed the races were supposed to be 18 laps oops does that mean a re run ?

7. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice write up Rob, when I set up the room because not many had entered Jason decided to race with fewer laps so it’s all his fault :D

Robabt111 likes this.
  8. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Great nights racing again shame i was not on form and felt a bit off but a good test of the car proving it can make a good series.
    Updated the OP with results and well done Carl for the championship win even though a tie for first place you have the most wins, them 2 hours really paid off. Thanks to all that took part, this club shows how we can work together with setups and gearing to help each other out great set of friends.
    Also another special shout out to rob he is getting faster and faster soon he will be the clubs resident alien me thinks. seriously rob you have come on leaps and bounds since you started with us well done.
    All we need now is Holster to come on the forums and take that step rob took and have a little faith.

Motorhead_51, cokebloke and Robabt111 like this.
  9. Psst, I told you before that you have to give Nige some credit for something else he gets a strop on.

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  10. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thats a STRAP on Jim:p

Robabt111 likes this.
  11. I thought King of the Ring wasn't on again until next season...:eek:

cokebloke likes this.
  12. Hey gents, not sure where to post! It's still going, fantastic :) Hello again!

Jimantonic'82 and Zebaldus like this.
  13. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Vegas how you doing, yes still going and still some long standing members with us including Jason (Lunchbox) the founder member and a bunch of great guys so join us when you can it's normally testing/casual on Thursdays and we try to hold an event on Sunday's always starting at 8pm but we get on line 7.30 ish to set the room up.
    A few are on holiday at the moment so this Thursday will be thin on the ground but come on in.

Cheers

14. That you Vague??