1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [Dec 10, 2017] GBRC GR4 GT86 scenga77744 (scenga77744)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by carlos77744, Dec 4, 2017.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
GBRC GR4 GT86 scenga77744
scenga77744
Signups: 11
Posted By : carlos77744
Start: Dec 10, 2017 08:00 PM
End: Dec 10, 2017 11:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
The following Races have signed up "Wildcard":

The following Races have signed up "No":
  1. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

https://goo.gl/images/u3VRft

Some gr4 Action a one make gr4 car this should make for some close racing
    Car. The gt86 gr4 completely stock
    Tyres racing mediums
    Track 1 interlargos 10 Laps 2 races
    Track 2.maggoire 7 laps 2 races
    2x tyre wear.
    To clarify this will be repeated in the chat box on the night stock gr4 gt86 only the livery can be changed try not to add diffrent wheels .
    This means no tuning to car in lobby
    To compete make sure I’m on your friends list be there or be square.
    UPDATE COKEBLOKE to host add cokebloke psn

#1 carlos77744, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    Jimantonic'82 and cokebloke like this.
  2. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Nigel try your ps pro for the start if you have a problem switch to your old one, just a thought.

3. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Sounds good Carl, should finally be able to make this after a hectic 2 weeks.

4. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Jason already had that as a plan, i have now reinstalled the Pro changed the DNS settings and crossed my fingers. As an average changing the DNS setting has increased the PS speed test a little bit....thanks

5. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

I take it no tuning i.e. gearing etc? hard to police if so.

ohh and is bop on or off?

6. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just a note lads make sure you have the gt86 gr4 stock .
    Also there will be NO TUNING during the night this will be a gentlemen agreement as I can not ' force no tuning so no gear tuning etc tuning the gears can give a massive advantage
    We have a diffrent skill leval in the club regarding tuning to keep things close tuning is disallowed .
    Although pimp the livery how you like .

#6 carlos77744, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  7. Not sure I can make this but its right up my street

8. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Phew!!!! good job Jim might not make it :p

Jimantonic'82 and numbnuts70 like this.
  9. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

10. Or I might come along in disguise...

cokebloke likes this.
  11. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Might have the time to pull this one off fellas.

Good pick Carl. Took it for a few laps the other night at the daily group 4 race, the one that was reverse, Tuesday or Wednesday? Can’t remember, all kinda of a blur this week. Have to say, though, the car sounded great.

Hope To see you all there!

12. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

There is no option to tick a no tuning option in lobby plus if we do a freinds only lobby if I am not the host my freinds can not join
    My other gripe after using asseta and pc tuning a car has a drastic effect 2 seconds a lap on the gear ratio fine if your a tuner but not if your not one
    Hopefully these will be tweaked

cokebloke likes this.
  13. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

It's true, time spent playing with the cars "numbers" can pull seconds from lap times. I wish I was better at that side of the game, a mate is better than I am, he can't drive fast in the game but his setups are really good. Better than anything I can do.

As club gents we will have no problem sticking to pure stock settings. it just takes absolute honesty and complete trust.

I have been looking at the level up option and I think it has an effect when added. So if you have purchased the "level up" option and are dialing the car back to stock it has an effect the same as stage tuning had in the last game. Probably best to have a brand new car pure, unaltered, untouched as in never even seen the settings page... also... I reckon that inched up wheels make a difference and arn't purely cosmetic... its a minefield, there should be a stock only option.... there isn't but there should be we can only hope. they have great regulations in sport mode so I don't know why the open lobbies don't have the same flexibility.

I spend some time in open random Lobbies. In some open lobbies I have joined, some hosts claim to be able to tell from riding along in the replay/spectate if racers have mods to their cars.

• gearbox and diff makes a different noise and gear change speeds
    • stage tuning (level up) effects rpm and bhp per %. e.g, a room.set to 200bhp for a stock car will.not allow a level up setup because it will come in at 1hp above or below the 100% mark.
    • inched up wheels are visually different also affect top speed and acceleration.

cokebloke and Jimantonic'82 like this.
  14. Think we came to the conclusion tgat the + size wheels had an effect on handling in the last game too.
    The gearbox might be a giveaway with the noise but don't some of the cars have the fully adjustable one from the off? Not sure what group of cars it is.
    Not that it matters, t'is only a casual night and anyone who is 'cheating' is only cheating themselves... and clearly a douchebag.

cokebloke and ejd_eire like this.
  15. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

I will be doing a recruitment drive in the new year to get more drivers in the club this brings in different levels of ability in both driving and tuning. When the new season starts depending on the driver list i would suggest standard cars until we have a full lobby or even two lobbies like days of old. Once we have a solid turn out and hopefully a steady flow of drivers then tuning could be brought in.

We as a regular group so far can trust each other but ej has highlighted issues that could arise through no fault of your own. Setting weight and power restrictions and using a clean tuning sheet seems to be the only option at this point. But this also brings in a new problem of communicating this to drivers checking out our lobbies and would be members.

Trouble with trying to get new drivers is if they see they cant compete they will not turn up if they can have a good race at whatever ability they will more likely stay and this only comes with maxed out fields.

I think this should be our major priority for the time being your thoughts?

bnic11 and Jimantonic'82 like this.
  16. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

So what are we doing then.......totally stock, no level up, standard wheels ???

17. Until PD listen to Ej re. the no tuning option then we have no way to enforce it, and even less way to communicate it to people joining from outside the site as the in lobby voice chat is no longer an option (or am I mistaken on that one?), the only way is on the chat box.

18. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ok lads loads of intrest in this event so to make sure we have a decent bandwidth lobby wise cokebloke nigel will host the lobby I will send over lobby settings to him room up from 7.50 Sunday

19. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Can we go the other way set up the room with max BHP but allow tuning.
    I know each driver prefers different settings for instance I prefer over oversteer. As a benefit to club members I would be willing to put my and I'm sure we all would be willing to put up any settings for the car we are driving that night so any member could try different setting and may in turn learn as we all might and get used to making their own adjustment Also there is the feature to save eight setting sheets per car.
    Hope you don't mind me suggesting this.

20. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Reference my suggestion I'm not saying I'm any good at tuning but with other tunes posted somebody might get their own car feeling better.