1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [Dec 2, 2018] AC Cobra 4 week series (cokebloke)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by cokebloke, Nov 2, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
AC Cobra 4 week series
cokebloke
Signups: 0
Posted By : cokebloke
Start: Dec 2, 2018 08:00 PM
End: Dec 2, 2018 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

The Cobra was the English AC Ace until Carroll Shelby had different ideas, once developed for many years it was the fastest car to do 0 to 100 MPH and back again and that in its self was amazing for a car in the swinging sixtes.

No car in the sixtes handled or stopped anything like todays modern cars and this car was no exception with all that power it gained the nickname 'The widow maker" so hopefully you will enjoy the challenge of racing this classic and getting to grips with the beast.

There will qualifying for the first race of the series only all following weeks the grid will be driver with the highest points will start from the rear etc with the lowest point holder will start in pole. The second race each week will be reverse grid based on the last race results

AC Cobra
    Power 354 BHP
    Weight 1068 KG
    Tyres Race Hards
    All adjustments to suspension/transmission etc can be made
    ------------------------------------
    20.00 hrs start and then qualifying for first race 15 mins each week there will be 15 minates to practice races will start at 20.15 hrs
    Round one
    Dragon Trail Gardens 11
    2x15 laps
    Round two
    Circuit De Saint B11
    2x 9 laps
    Round three split into three as its a short track
    Maggiore Centre 11
    3x18
    Round four
    Dragon Trail Seaside
    2x10 laps

Pole 1 point
    Fastest lap 1 point

1st- 12 points
    2nd- 10 points
    3rd- 8 points
    4th- 7 points
    5th- 6 points
    6th- 5 points
    7th- 4 points
    8th- 3 points
    9th- 2 points
    10th- 1 point

Thanks hope you can all make it

#1 cokebloke, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  2. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice one Nigel, unfortunately I may have to miss the first race this Sunday and next. Got a firework display this weekend and a Remembrance Service next Sunday. Just not sure how long each are running for yet.:(

3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thats a shame Steve if its any help if you think it helps we could start first race at 20.30.

Either way thanks for letting me know hopefully you will join when you can.......enjoy the fireworks.

Fido996 likes this.
  4. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Nigel, but stay to your times. It's just the first races I'm not sure about, I'm 95% sure I'll be able to make the second race each week.

cokebloke likes this.
  5. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks for joining in tonight everyone.

Well done to everybody particularly the podium winners you certainly deserve the places.

Results after round one I made the schoolboy error I didn't note who got pole in the first race but think it was Steve if not I will amend accordingly so....

Fido pole plus fastest lap each race
    Fido 27 points
    Carlos 20
    Lunchbox 16
    Bnic 13
    coke 13
    Zeb 10
    Rob 8
    Next week the first race Rob pole back to Fido back of the grid.

Thanks again lads see you Thursday.

6. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Cant find the Tune you posted for the Cobra Jason can somebody advise where it is please....cheers

7. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

brake 2
    ride h 90-90
    n freq 2.27-2.27
    roll bar 10-8
    comp 57-57
    rebound 87-87
    camber 0.2-1.7
    toe in 0.31-in 0.60
    lsd

Robabt111 likes this.
  8. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Steve

Fido996 likes this.
  9. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Well done to Steve on his two wins & thanks to Nigel for organizing. Thought I might have been way off the pace last night as I was struggling with this track, but managed to keep up & had a few decent battles in both races. The car is weird for a lightweight RWD, so much understeer and once you overstep your braking point, you can't get it back. Like most people last night, had a few offs, but it was a real test of skill !

Fido996, cokebloke and Robabt111 like this.
  10. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Nigel, which version of the track are we using for Sunday ???

Markhughes likes this.
  11. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry Bruce I should have updated it its the B11 track

Markhughes and bnic11 like this.
  12. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks again for joining lads I'm sure we all had our own little battles my smile moments were with Jason magic few laps, Paul you were doing well enjoyed our battle and Steve your so quick but we had a battle for a short time.

Well done to the podium winners

Steve got fastest lap each race well done to you sir.

Overall standings after round two

Fido 49 points
    Lunchbox 33
    coke 33
    Scenga 31
    Zeb 27
    Bnic 23
    Rob 15
    Meridian 8

Cheers gents.......Carl I can probably dig out my old eight track if that's any help :p

#12 cokebloke, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  13. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great racing last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I wasn’t too worried about starting at the back as this track has room to make the overtakes needed. A couple of places were surprising, but it looked as though they were equally surprising to everyone else. Places you wouldn’t really expect. My favourite was just after the esses section before the back straight. I seemed to carry so much speed up the hill to allow a quick dive to the inside for the left hander. All I had to do then was stay off the power to allow the car to stop it’s four wheel drift, then gas it down the straight.

Drives of the night has to go to Paul. Two good showings, especially the second race. Not easy to get by ( as usual) and difficult to get away from. The one to watch next week I think.

As for next weeks track, things will be a lot tighter. The circuits not as technical and being shorter will mean some hard racing. And with the extra race, there’ll be some tired arms at the end of it all.

Cheers to Nigel for arranging and hosting the event, love it!

Thanks for reading.

Robabt111, cokebloke and Lunchbox like this.
  14. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks, nice words =)
    Next track will not be easy, find it difficult to get any good pace.

cokebloke and Robabt111 like this.
  15. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I was thinking we all pretty much have the Cobra tuned so I was going to suggest the following for Thursday evening, Jason was talking of and saying the new Mini was good and the Mini and Abarth together would be worth a try and or test the Red Bull on different tracks so if everybody has all those cars we can try what ever we all feel, just a suggestion.

16. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ignore the last post I hadn't seen Carls post about Thursday night

17. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Hello chaps! Got room for one more this sunday? ;)o_O

Lunchbox, Zebaldus and cokebloke like this.
  18. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi stranger of course we have your more than welcome.

RacingRoman23R likes this.
  19. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

@RacingRoman23R when you try to join the room you may have problems getting in so message me or let me know on party chat and I will instruct my router to "let you in" as the U.S.A. is outside of the area I've set my router to accept automatically. (think it was programmed by a Mr Trump follower)

RacingRoman23R and Zebaldus like this.
  20. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Haha cheers Nigel. I hoping that work finishes soon so I can get some practice in and more importantly make the race :mad:

cokebloke likes this.