1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [Dec 2, 2018] AC Cobra 4 week series (cokebloke)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by cokebloke, Nov 2, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
AC Cobra 4 week series
cokebloke
Signups: 0
Posted By : cokebloke
Start: Dec 2, 2018 08:00 PM
End: Dec 2, 2018 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks again for joining tonight and glad you could join Roman.
    Well done to the podium winners there was some good battles once again my biggest eye rolling moment was when entering the pit straight and avoiding the wall just lost the back end of the car that duly headed right into the pit lane next thing I was heading for a pit stop.

Anyway results after round 3
    Race one F/lap Lunchbox
    Race two F/lap Roman
    Race three F/lap Fido

Standings after round three

Fido 69 pts
    Lunchbox 54
    Scenga 54
    Coke 52
    Zeb 51
    Bnic 42
    Rob 29
    Roman 28
    Meridian 8

Come on guys Steves running away with this well done mate good consistent driving and who's going to grab second between Jason and Carl last round next week so all to play for.

Off to the seaside next week where I'm sure Carl will swop his tape to The Best of Fairground Organ Music and have candy floss in a bag on the front seat.....cheers gents

2. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Thanks to Nigel & Jason for hosting / organizing. Lucky win in the first race, good start then kept out of trouble. Last two races was my more normal position of near the back due to frustrations with the brakes & turn in with this car.

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  3. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Cheers guys and it was good to be back. I didn't think I be on pace this early. First race I well forgot about changing the gearbox and off the lights I knew I was a sitting duck. Race 2 was a race of attrition and once I got clear I just head down and go. Had a bobble one lap but just kept hitting my marks. 3rd race from the back I had a great scrap (especially with @carlos77744 and @Zebaldus slowly creeping in the picture). I save replays from 2 and 3. I'll see if I can upload them on Youtube or something.

Robabt111, Zebaldus and cokebloke like this.
  4. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Do you guys know how I can upload the replay to say YouTube? I have it shared in Gran Turismo but it seemed the length is too long to capture the whole race if I try to export it.

5. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

In the share options change your capture time to 1 hour, view your replay and record it. Now edit and share it with sharefactory to youtube.

6. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well that was a series I personally enjoyed and enjoyed the car BUT not all of you did so a BIG thank you to you all for sticking it out and turning up each week

In future I will happily run a series but one we have tried the cars Jason has a list but that will be at a later date.

So the final results are.......

Fido 88 pts
    Lunchbox 72 pts
    Zeb 69 pts
    coke 65 pts
    Scenga 62 pts
    Bnic 53 pts
    Roman 43 pts
    Rob 38 pts
    Meridian 9 pts

Congrats to Steve for a consistent drive through the series, Jason you where always at the pointed end well done to you sir and Paul well done mate you stuck at it and gained that podium place.

Thanks again for joining in

Robabt111 and Zebaldus like this.
  7. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

A big thankyou to Nigel & Jason for organizing, hosting and running the party chat on this event.

Well done to Steve for the Championship.

A tricky car for some of us to master, but the way I see it, its a challenge which should make us better drivers.

Unfortunately in Race 2 some drivers forgot the basic GBRC rules of if you take someone out, you should wait for them.

Robabt111 likes this.
  8. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry to hear that Bruce it’s a good time to remind everyone of that rule I know sometimes it can be uncertain but if in doubt ask or wait if you.if can’t comunicate.

Unfortunately I didn’t save the replay so can’t comment but again thanks for joining.

#28 cokebloke, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Robabt111 likes this.
  9. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Think I have the replay so I’ll have a look later. ( If Fallout 76 doesn’t get in the way ).

10. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Arcade mode crushed my hopes. I was running the same times at Maggiore but not at Seaside. Oh well. Good fight I put up but @Fido996 was in a class of his own. Almost Numbnuts-like. And @Zebaldus good job on the win race 1.

Robabt111, Zebaldus and Fido996 like this.
  11. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I was a little wary of this car to begin with, but once I'd worked out how to drive it, it was great.
    Trying to drive it hard just doesn't work. Slow in, fast out is the way to get the best from this car. Even early braking paid off in a couple of places. The only place I couldn't get to grips with it was on the short Maggiore circuit.

Thanks to Nigel for organising and hosting this event, loved it!

And thanks to everyone that has turned up to race.

So, what's next? Gr. 4 King Of The Ring anyone?:eek:

Robabt111, cokebloke and Zebaldus like this.
  12. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Firstly well done Steve awsome speed sorry to Nigel for moaning every week
    For the next few Thursdays we will be running open lobby gr4 racing bop on for ease all cars allowed for some recruitment nights any one joining changing there race message to gt arena gives us some clarity. Next Thursday we might do a testing night for a event i will be setting up.

Looks like it is my turn to post a event unless any one else wants to get a event up
    I will be planning to do some weeks before and after Christmas there will be a break while we all eat meet and be merry
    Looks like it will be the gt86 i will post tracks and details this week if that meets everyone's approval.

Robabt111 and bnic11 like this.
  13. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

No probs Carl I always appreciate the fact you are willing to give your honest opinion.

The GT86 is such a nice car look forward to that if that is the series you hold, on Sundays wondered if we where also going to test some of the cars Bruce was trying if that helps Bruce at all.

Just a reminder if anybody would like to come up with a car they would like to race in a series or test for a series I would happily host the room and keep record of finishing positions in case anybody wants help with that side of things, the more of us holding events the better. I don't have the best clerical skills so if I can put a series together well you lads certainly can just test and throw some suggestions in the pot we can all help.

#33 cokebloke, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Robabt111 likes this.
  14. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Must admit, even though I've bought all the cars, I need to knuckle down and get some proper lap times in now.

Robabt111 likes this.
  15. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Many thanks to Nigel for setting up the most arduous car / series to date , it was a challenge and cheers Jason for the able assistance . Awesome driving Steve and the same to Jason but an outstanding series for Paul , well done to all three .

This was the most challenging of cars to drive never mind race , but that made it an excellent choice and imho could make a return for a one off after all it is a classic , but unlike Steve i personally liked the short track with the sprint races .

Once again cheers Nigel and Jason for the hosting and admin and many thanks to everyone that turned up and made it fun .

cokebloke and Lunchbox like this.
  16. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

So I have a really dumb but maybe useful idea as an "off week coffee break." Back to Bruce's and Nigel's points on reminders of GBRC etiquette maybe we can do video tutorials on what's a clean pass, dirty pass, track limits, etc?

17. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

No need to Roman, its all here :

http://www.gtarena.com/community/threads/gbrc-online-racing-rules.2392/

http://www.gtarena.com/community/threads/guide-to-corner-and-chicane-etiquette.2703/

Zebaldus and cokebloke like this.
  18. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

I thought home made videos would be fun but yeah it's pretty clear even a 10 year old (non American) child can understand.

19. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Actually something that came into light during our testing (more due to the nature of the track). Say someone in front of me hits the wall and bounces into my line and I take avoidance action but I still hit them. What is the consensus then?

20. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I would say you continue and the other driver waits to make sure you have got back on track and rejoins behind you