1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Feb 11, 2016] GBRC PCars - Formula Rookie Euro Championships (bnic11)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jan 3, 2016.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
GBRC PCars - Formula Rookie Euro Championships
bnic11
Signups: 4
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Feb 11, 2016 08:00 PM
End: Feb 11, 2016 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
The following Races have signed up "Yes": 4
The following Races have signed up "Wildcard":
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

[​IMG]

Note - To enter this Championship you must post up a Qualifier time first
    http://www.gtarena.com/community/th...-project-cars-qualifier-season-1-bnic11.2393/
    GBRC's first Official Championship with Project Cars starts off with the SMS Formula Rookie, a car which is based of the Formula Ford Series. Powered by a 1600cc, 4cyl Ford engine, using a 4spd gearbox & weighing no more than a bag of sugar, it should provide some super close racing on some of the shorter European race tracks. Each round will consist of two 30mins races

I'll be awarding points as follows ;
    Pole = 1pt
    1st = 10pts, 2nd = 9pts, 3rd = 8pts, 4th = 7pts, 5th = 6pts, 6th = 5pts, 7th = 4pts, 8th = 3pts, 9th = 2pts, 10th = 1pts.

Car
    SMS Formula Rookie
    Room set to stock setup only - no tuning to car
    Please note, due to the short gearing, the car will touch the rev limiter on certain tracks

Host - Bnic11
    Please ensure that I'm on your PSN friend list

Track Information
    Jan 17th - Brands Hatch Indy (2 x 35 lap races)
    Jan 24th - Hockenhiem Short (2 x 26 lap races)
    Jan 31st - Oschersleben National (2 x 25 lap races)
    Feb 7th - Zolder (2 x 17 lap races)

Race Information
    7.30pm Practice (invites sent out to members who have signed up)
    8.00pm Qualifying
    8.15pm Race 1 approx 30mins (Laps tbc)
    followed by 5 to 10mins Quali shootout with the top 3 finishers in Race 1 remaining in pits
    Race 2 approx 30mins (Laps tbc)

Race Liveries

#1 bnic11, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  2. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Updated - Monza ditched for Oschersleben & Laps added for races

Fido996 likes this.
  3. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Had a quick go last night whilst PSN was down just to see how the car handled with stock settings. :eek:

What a difference. I really need to change my driving style for this one. On Paddock Hill bend ( turn 1 ) especially, more or less every lap was spent trying to stop the back from trying to get to the bottom of the hill first. It's a handful if pushed too hard. It's a little deceiving as well. The back end starts to slide so you steer into it. You think you have it and..... nothing happens! It just keep sliding out until you spin out.

This was all during a 25 lap race with AI at 95%. Got up to fourth at the end as there's one corner that the AI is particularly slow on the exit of so I was able to pass and hold the opponent off for the rest of the lap and just keep repeating.

4. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

This car is not a bad drive at all Bruce! Got on today and enjoyed it.

Though there is room for tuning, slight tuning, I would say 95% of a fast lap is how you drive that fast lap. Special attention to the braking...... I seem to spin the car out every time I let off of a heavy braking. Had to train myself to have a light brake foot;-)

This will be a great series!

5. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Anyone for a practice later?

6. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

I will.keep my eye for you if your Steve, would like get a few laps in

Fido996 likes this.
  7. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yes I'll be on tonight for a practise not touched the car yet

8. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hey Bruce,

I wonder if you could specify what the restrictions will be? Will forced realistic driving AIDS be Yes or no?

I also wonder if anybody notices a difference between these two settings, like myself?

cokebloke likes this.
  9. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Had a bit of a practice last night with Fido, Motor and Zeb boy oh boy these cars really are twitchy, just think you're getting the feel for the car and at the point you think yea got it now the car just kicks you off like a bucking bronco.
    I think the person who stays on track the most will be the winner.Look forward to more testing on Sunday.

10. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Forced realistic driving aids will be set to YES. ABS will be on, but everything else off.

11. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Yeah Nigel -These cars dont like to be pushed into corners or over-driven, especially at Brands will its gradient & cambers.

12. Was good to get on track with some humans and was pleasantly surprised with my qualy at brands, then proceeded to bin it a few laps later. The rest of the tracks I do need to learn, too used to apricot hill and the likes. Great fun though but this car does bite back!

cokebloke, Fido996, Zebaldus and 2 others like this.
  13. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I think half the battle with this car on stock set up is being gentle with the controls. Not mashing the pedals through the floor pays dividends. I've learn't that early, gradual braking and then coasting to the apex works really well. When you get it right it's amazing how much time gets gained. Paddock Hill bend is a great example. Your braking needs to be done just before the bump in the road. If you're on the brakes as you go over this then the car becomes very unstable. Let off just before, coasting to the apex and then apply the gas. As you then go down the remainder of the hill the car begins to drift out the left. If you've timed it right the car then "bites" more into the track as you begin to climb and stops anymore drifting to the outside edge. The trick now is to do this for 35 laps!

Although, I now have a small problem here as I can come into this corner and leave in fourth gear and be two tenths up on my fastest time. By the time I've started braking for Druids I've lost all the time that I gained. It clearly doesn't like pulling up the hill!

cokebloke, Motorhead_51 and bnic11 like this.
  14. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Will we be picking cars for this. If so, could I possibly put my name down for no.35 please?

15. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

As you rightly said Steve putting it together for 35 laps on all of the corners........Mmmmm tricky, it's the chicane bit after the back straight that regularly catches me out, even if I think I approach it the same way every time the car still reminds me it has its own mind and idea's....... in fact just realised my car must be a female I will try another car and colour I think.

16. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Having to drop to a wildcard for this weeks event, not sure if I'll be free in time on sunday.

As for livery, I think it was no. 39 I was going to use (an orange one), unless someone else wants it.

17. I don't know how to pick a car, thought it just gave you one at random?

18. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Use the triangel =)

19. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

When you are on the lobby screen with the names on the right and options on the left (vote to change track etc) you have a box for car selection, select that, then press triangle to use 'my garage' you can the choose the car make, model and livery

cokebloke and Zebaldus like this.
  20. Ah cool thanks! Still very new so fumbling my way through it

cokebloke likes this.