1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Feb 15, 2015] Q3 GBRC Lotus Elise Championship (Entries now closed) (bnic11)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Dec 30, 2014.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q3 GBRC Lotus Elise Championship (Entries now closed)
bnic11
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Feb 15, 2015 08:00 PM
End: Feb 15, 2015 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

[​IMG]
    LOTUS ELISE RACE CAR '96 CHAMPIONSHIP

PLEASE NOTE : Race Admin are present at all official events so please keep it as clean as possible when racing with other members

Event information
    The GBRC Q3 Season kicks off with a no nonsense, back to basics Championship with the Lotus Elise Race Car '96. The Elise will be run as stock, with 30mins qualifying, & two 30mins races on 4 Original tracks. Race 1 will be on the FORWARD version of the track, Race 2 will be run on the REVERSE version of the track.

Signup
    Unlike on our old site, signup for events is handled a little differently. You will need to signup for the Championship as either a "Yes" or a "Wildcard". Please make sure you signup correctly to ensure you have a place. Failing to do so may mean that you can not take part in the event. If you are confused please post up for clarification.

Guidelines
    [​IMG]

Car Information
    Lotus Elise Race Car '96 182bhp / 645kg / 504PP / Racing Hard tyres. NOTE : Tuning Prohibited
    Please change oil.

Track Information
    Week 1 - Grand Valley EAST = 26 laps (Race 1 FORWARD / Race 2 REVERSE)
    Week 2 - Apricot Hill = 20 laps (Race 1 FORWARD / Race 2 REVERSE)
    Week 3 - Trial Mountain = 20 laps (Race 1 FORWARD / Race 2 REVERSE)
    Week 4 - Deep Forest = 23 laps (Race 1 FORWARD / Race 2 REVERSE)

Race Information
    8.00pm = Qualifying 30mins
    8.30pm = Race 1
    9.10ish pm = Race 2 reverse grid

Lobby Information
    - Admin Host bnic11 (PSN bnic11)
    Tyre Wear & Fuel = NORMAL
    Aids OFF
    ABS Allowed
    Racing line ON
    Slipstream REAL
    Track Edge Grip REAL
    Boost OFF
    Penalty OFF
    Mech Damage OFF

#1 bnic11, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  2. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just done a few laps of this combo and noticed that this is 1 of the cars that has had its default/stock settings changed after an update.

They've changed the camber/toe settings from 0.0/0.0 , 0.0/0.20 to 1.5/3.5 , -0.50/+1.00.

Ran a 1.06 flat (21.7/40.5 splits) but this car doesn't seem to suit auto users as it seems to go 'off cam' from 6-6.500rpm.

I'd be interested to hear what sort of lap times manual users are doing.

Times are online with series specs.

#2 numbnuts70, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  3. JamienGem

Club GBRC

1.06.9 for me with more to come, auto

4. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

How'd you find the handling?
    First few laps I thought that ASM/Active steer and traction was on.
    It felt really weird to me.

5. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

It takes a few laps to get used to the Elise, feels very sensitive to start with until you get the feel for it, but its a great car that will bite back on the limit if pushed. 1.06 @ GV for me

6. JamienGem

Club GBRC

I love the handling on this car but it can snap into oversteer when you are least expecting it.

I'm finding a lot of speed can be gained on the last but one corner, managed 92mph at the apex so far.

Seem to lose speed at the right/left just before the tunnel.

7. JamienGem

Club GBRC

I'm guessing we are talking about the forward version of GV, I haven't tried the Elise on the reverse

8. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Pretty much the same times both ways round

9. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

And I was pleased with high 7,dont wine with your 6

10. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I must admit the practice I've done so far has been on Trial Mountain as this is one of my least favourite circuits. I found the handling to be a little quirky. On some downhill corners, after letting off the power, the car continues to turn in towards the curbing. Also,when exiting a fast corner, a slow slide will start that eventually ends up with you facing the wrong way. No matter what I do to try and correct this it just spins out. I did however get some consistent laps in the lowest of which was a low 1:30.

numbnuts70 likes this.
  11. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'm not 'whining' bruv, what's your beef?

PAPPACLART likes this.
  12. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

A little quirky is a great way to describe it. It a car which is not easy to jump in and drive straight away, but once you get the feel for it, its great. Even though I've done loads of testing with this car, you still need a few laps to get the feel of it after driving other cars. On the pad, it has very light, sensitive steering. Some members might think with it being low power & race hards it will be planted to the road, but its not.

GTP_Daan's championships gave some great, unforgettable racing and hopefully this series will to. I was going to run with FAST tyre wear but decided on NORMAL in the end, just because on 70% wear the car was on a knife's edge. Prefer to go with NORMAL tyre wear so the racing can be as close as possible.

I'll be doing some Lotus 'warm up' practice / races during the week, so keep an eye out.

Fido996 likes this.
  13. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Are you lapping the east circuit?
    Sounds like you could be doing the longer version.

14. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

The last one I struggled to get to grips until the second race then you have to drive smooth and balance it on the throttle typical rear wheel drive but looking forward to this as I did quite well last time

15. Zolon32

Club GBRC

Wasn't sure about going for this one (racing tyres, on a racing car! What the hell?) Anyway, all this talk of tricky handling has drawn me in. And I do seem to recall that this motor is one of the old timers from early GBRC, or maybe it was a 'race modified' Elise. Whatever, it gave great racing I think.

Practice time, cheers, Zo.

Fido996 and bnic11 like this.
  16. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Er, Trial Mountain. ;)

17. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

[​IMG]

PAPPACLART, Fido996 and Jimantonic like this.
  18. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

OK lads, with a week to go for the start of this series we now have 13 entries.(12 signups & 1 wildcard).

One more space left, then I'm going to close the entries on this at 14no. as we tend to have a few connection issues with full rooms.

19. Zolon32

Club GBRC

Forgive me Bruce, but isn't the objective of holding the Qualifier in order to allow a divisional split in the case of numbers entered into an event being greater than one room can handle?

Just a thought (from a div 2 guy) Zo.

20. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

I've just bit the bullet to run this widow maker with you sadists :eek: