1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [Jan 16, 2019] BMW M3 sport 1989 tuner race championship (Scenga77744)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by carlos77744, Apr 10, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
BMW M3 sport 1989 tuner race championship
Scenga77744
Signups: 0
Posted By : carlos77744
Start: Jan 16, 2019 07:00 PM
End: Jan 16, 2019 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Damn! Looks like PSN is down, typical!:mad:

2. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

yep got same problem

Fido996 likes this.
  3. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

i think its back up

4. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

room up Steve

5. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Some good testing tonight and very close with me, Steve, Carl and Rob getting close times. Talking of times a 50.xxx is what seems to be a magic number on this track. looks like Sunday is going to be a real ding dong of a race.

Robabt111 and Motorhead_51 like this.
  6. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

I LOVE BULL RINGS! That’s exactly what this Brands Indy Is!!!!!!!

Robabt111, Fido996 and cokebloke like this.
  7. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sounds like it will be close wish I could have made it last night hopefully we can have a shake down at Brands tonight unless anybody has something else in mind, see you all tonight.
    @Zebaldus hows things going with your internet atre they investigating the problem yet?

Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  8. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Once PSN got their act together all was well. The car behaved itself ( wish I could say the same about the wheel ) and ended up being quite happy with how things went.

Sundays race could prove to be the closest yet if last nights times were anything to go by. A good time here will be in the low 51s. Times in the 50s will probably be the exception I think. Not sure, but I think I managed three all night.

Also, any mistakes here will see the time lost to the guy in front and getting it back will prove difficult. Times between us were so close at times even a missed apex could make all the difference.

Just like the real thing! :)

9. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

What brilliant fun tonight thanks gents cant wait untill Sunday.....

Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  10. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Yes Nigel great night and Sunday will all be about consistency can't wait for Sunday. A few of getting 50.xxx

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  11. It could definitely be interesting (and fun) if me and Lunchbox end up battling like we did last night, over 54 laps.
    It'll all come down to pressure, and who can handle it I think.

12. D'oh, thought this was the brands gp track not indy! Not that I've practiced anyway.
    Speaking of which I might get on for an hour or two tonight if anyone is about.

Fido996, Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  13. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry Jim off to see the local rock band tonight so won’t be able to join you but I’m confident somebody will be practising tonight, are we going to see you on Sunday?

Jimantonic'82 and Robabt111 like this.
  14. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Hi Jim i will be on tonight so just send me a message when you get on. Like Nigel says would be good if you could make Sunday if not racing just keeping Nigel in check is always a bonus.

That goes out to anyone if they fancy testing and im on just give me a shout always happy to help.

15. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Excuse me Mr Lunchbox have you been having lessons from Jim....:p

Jimantonic'82 and Lunchbox like this.
  16. Hopefully I'll be racing on Sunday Nige, providing I can get the kids settled in time.

Motorhead_51 and cokebloke like this.
  17. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ok lads 27 laps sweat and tears at brands lots of testing gone down for this round .
    A few points of intrest please try the pit stop for the 2nd race as there is a good chance that the entry can be cut make a clean entry and be aware on the exit try not to slow drivers as you exit the pits
    Overtaking will be hard so make them clean and if in doub back out .
    Have a good race and good luck

18. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Brilliant racing tonight as ever....race one Nuts, Carl and then me were all just following each other closely without anybody gaining or losing until Nuts had an off putting Carl in front and me second and it didn't matter what I did I could stay on Carls rear bumper and that was it so well done Carl and Jim for third.

Race two I decided to pit early on lap two Carl nipped in on the third lap I think and just got out of the pits in front of me and once again I ended up stuck on Carls rear bumper until I had an off which put me well back so it was head down and concentrate. A couple of members had an off which helped me, Carl had an off which allowed me to get behind him once more until the finish with Jason behind me.

So well done to the podium winners in both races, thanks Carl for organising and roll on the next round its all so addictive.

19. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Great racing again I personally had a bit of a mare not being consistent and having a couple of off's. This series is turning out to be a real humdinger, racing at it's finest. Thanks to Nigel for hosting and Carl for organising this great series.

20. Think I made a boo boo and cut the entrance to the pits in race 2 Carl, feel free to deduct/disqulalify as you see fit, not sure you can add any places as I was dead last anyway!!

cokebloke and Robabt111 like this.