1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [Jan 16, 2019] BMW M3 sport 1989 tuner race championship (Scenga77744)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by carlos77744, Apr 10, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
BMW M3 sport 1989 tuner race championship
Scenga77744
Signups: 0
Posted By : carlos77744
Start: Jan 16, 2019 07:00 PM
End: Jan 16, 2019 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Another great night , thanks to Carl, Nigel, Jason for their joint work again and to all that raced the more the merrier .

Amazing that there was no carnage, racing so close on such a confined track , one that tested everyones concentration as an off was costly, something after the first race i didnt need reminding of in the second one, but if one corner didnt get you there were others just waiting,

Congrats to the podium winners Carl, Nigel, Jim 1st race and Nuts, Steve, Carl, 2nd race , well done Carl 1st and 3rd good consistency (or hours well spent.)

The next one will be just as intense with possibly more overtaking opportunities but without doubt its gonna be fun.

Thanks to you all for being so sad as to keep doing this for so long :D Never been glad to be a saddo before now :)

2. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Good day gents!

Had a great time yesterday. Always love a thrash around the Indy circuit, especially in the bmw.....

Race 1 was the most intense for myself. Had a hard fought battle with Jason and Jim at first. I think you got crossed up with Jim, Jason off of paddock hill bend. I had stuck my nose in there hoping to capitalize on your miss fortune, nonetheless, it saw us only come together with yourself into the wall. Then once more on the last corner. This one was completely my fault. Should have been more patient. After that I had to take a back seat to Nuts and let him do all the hard work to get by. Steve had joined the battle at that point. For the remainder of the race it was me and you. A great run it was, too! Enjoyed myself very much!

Race 2- oh my what a grave mistake. I dipped my right sides in the grass and couldn’t get them out. This saw me go headlong into the pasture with only 1 lap to recover. My long drive back to the tarmac I could only watch the bulk of the field drive by.:(:mad:

Great stuff though. Look forward to the next one. Never drove that layout. Enjoyed the uphill left into the last s corner before the main straight. What a great set of corners!

See you soon!

cokebloke, Lunchbox and Robabt111 like this.
  3. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

What a ace nights racing and extremely competitive and puts the cat amongst the pigeons.
    On the night the championship leader had a race much like Hamilton Canada race off the pace finding his joystick not responding to his commands
    Nuts had supreme pace and it was nice to get within whisker of his time on the grid the new GBRC motto nuts make you faster
    So Jason is still leading But the top 4 are all close me I’m chasing a 65 year old with a bus pass who likes to Harrass your rear all race .
    Steve the sly old dog is moving up the order and is one to watch. One thing for sure Steve has a magic race pace in the second race or maybe it’s just that second glass of rum

Well done to all who raced and are supporting the champonship how we top this for the next one who knows

4. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Note we now have a week 5

Robabt111, cokebloke and Motorhead_51 like this.
  5. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Watched race 1 again. It was a pretty good race. Never a dull moment really:)..... Take a look if you have the time

Zebaldus, Robabt111, Fido996 and 2 others like this.
  6. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks for the replay Kev still smiling watching it again

Motorhead_51 and Robabt111 like this.
  7. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Nice replay kev :)

Motorhead_51, cokebloke and Robabt111 like this.
  8. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Had a bit more of a play around tonight with the car and I think I’ve finally nailed it. Not taken too long really!

It now handles without too many surprises and it now accelerates, which seemed to be my biggest problem.

I was kind of inspired by last nights session. After seeing what my ‘optimum’ time could’ve been (51:820), I made a couple of adjustments and five laps in was running consistent 51:9xx on my own (no drafting) in an online lobby. Of course, it’ll all go out the window as soon as other cars are about, so all I have to do now is work out how to overtake with this car!

Motorhead_51, Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  9. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Well what can i say great racing again with GBRC, although binning it in the first race did not help but managed to catch Nigel and overtake him getting that extra point gap need.
    Managed to get a good start in the 2nd race and keep my cool for a much need win to boost my confidence after my poor 1st race and the Brands Hatch catastrophe.
    Thanks again to Nigel for hosting and Carl for setting up the series and most important the drivers who make GBRC what it is.

Robabt111, cokebloke and Motorhead_51 like this.
  10. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Once again I have thoroughly enjoyed my Sunday afternoon!

What a bag of mixed emotions for me this week. I thought I had a solid enough car to give run for at least the no.2 spot. Practice, didn’t even get into the 52’s:eek:. Qualy, nabbed a 52.4 but still back row time:oops:. WTF? Race time finally saw it all come together....Did some racing with Rob and put a lot of miles in bumper to bumper with Nigel. Even got myself a first time ever fastest lap of the race!!!!

Thanks Nigel and Carl for making it happen and just like Jason said^^^^ the drivers that make it so much fun! Enjoy next week. I will be physically off but I will be wondering how it’s going;)

Here some replay to enjoy
    Race 1

Race 2

11. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well as I said last night for what ever reason I struggled with this car/track combo Jason joined me for a while on Saterday but no matter what I did just couldn't keep the consistent pace, I do partly blame my daughter who got me drunk with the excuse it was Father's Day but that was earlier in the afternoon but I think it was still in my system.....that's the best reason I can come up with and all you guys were to quick.

Race one I made a couple of mistakes ended up at the back and settled for that.

Race two was better had a good start and stayed a few car lengths from Jason until the pit stop then by the time everyone had pitted still maintained 2nd but Kevein was ever looming bigger in my mirror boy oh boy did you have some pace those last few laps Kevin, think it was last lap you made a brilliant passing move taking a well deserved 2nd. Felt bad though and sorry Kevin when I swerved a little to avoid running over a cone and caught the front of you car it wasn't a deliberate ploy.

Well done everybody you all drove well, it's a shame Badger couldn't remain in the room but hopefully Virgin will get your internet sorted.

I am looking Forward to next week I like this track and I know it's Jason's favourite track so could produce some close racing and who knows how many victims will that grass take on the last chicane.

Great stuff lads and thank you for the great fun last night

Motorhead_51, Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  12. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Great replays Kev some real close battles there well done on your 2nd place in race two with pressure from Rob and Nigel you certainly kept your cool.
    After viewing the replays big shout out to Rob that second race you raced superbly from start to finish. Consistent and fast with some good car control chasing so close to Kev.
    And not forgetting good sportsmanship on track.

13. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Just when you think it cant get any better surprise surprise another cracking night .

Race one had me defending a wildcard Numbnuts nothing wild about his driving and he showed his class with an awesome overtake on lap 8 which meant Kev was closing now and once again better control allowed him a good run passing me through the s . Try as i did i couldnt maintain Kev's consistency and the gap slowly increased till the race end .

Race two started where race one finished i was chasing Kev , i probably should have pitted earlier as after a brief pause in chasing Kev when he pitted , i pitted returning to track once again chasing Kev but now i had Carl admiring the girls all the way till the last lap unlucky Carl .

Both races had moments of very close side by side racing action something i wasnt expecting on that track , going door to door with Kev through the S in each race was fun but i think being door to door with both Carl and Steve on different laps through the last bend was the most self impressed moment .

Shame Badger is plagued with connection issues and equally sad Nuts left early ,cheers everyone for such a great night , next weeks finale will be one not to be missed .

Motorhead_51, Lunchbox and cokebloke like this.
  14. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Cheers Jason the fun is just increasing every time i race with you all , mid week and Sundays , all that is continuing to make me quicker and safer :D

Motorhead_51, Lunchbox and cokebloke like this.
  15. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

table updated
    Round 4 produced another good nights racing the series is for Jason to loose second place is between 3 drivers .

16. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Its great to see after all these races its still very close, great stuff

17. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hmm, 8 points to draw level. Gonna have to get on Jason’s chuff next weekend. :D:p

18. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Good nights racing last night Carl is on the money with a super setup, Nigel do i remember correctly that you might be on tonight?

19. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

How did the new guy get on?

20. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Holster is getting on quite well clean and polite i sent him my setup today including the gears so hopefully he can get on the pace.

Motorhead_51, Robabt111 and Fido996 like this.