1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [Jan 16, 2019] BMW M3 sport 1989 tuner race championship (Scenga77744)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by carlos77744, Apr 10, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
BMW M3 sport 1989 tuner race championship
Scenga77744
Signups: 0
Posted By : carlos77744
Start: Jan 16, 2019 07:00 PM
End: Jan 16, 2019 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

@Lunchbox Hi Jason yes its looking very much like 8 ish should be ok.have three more transmission settings to try so need the testing just on my 2nd G&T but will be fine for testing.

I agree thought the Holster was good after I made a mistake caught up with Holster and had a clean race with him untill I overtook, sent him a message of encouragement today.

See you later

Robabt111 likes this.
  2. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Another good nights testing and a visit from maybe another racer maridian let's hope we get more racers over this year from the promotions I'm working on with the broadcasts and status updates in gt sport.

I have to post the race me and Carl had Thursday night best race i have ever had. Hats off to Carl for keeping so cool under so much pressure just goes to show how good a driver he is.

3. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I think I used to race with this guy before I joined GBRC.

4. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Breaking new::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Lunchbox sets a high 1:49.xxx in testing online

Robabt111, Motorhead_51 and Fido996 like this.
  5. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Someone moved the goal posts? Again?:D

Nice time though Jas!

Robabt111, Motorhead_51 and Lunchbox like this.
  6. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Op undated good racing had a look at the replay and I’d call it racing incidents I’ll update the KOTR header with The gbrc racing etiquette rules .
    HI Holster nice to see you race with us tonight we have used these for 5 weeks and have them tuned to a tee Steve will be running a civic event your welcome to start a fresh on that in a few weeks time .
    Only thing you may need to be aware that we run a rule if you feel you have knocked some one of them just wait for them to re pass we have always used this rule .cheers Carl feel free to join us on chat we usually have the crack .

7. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Great nights racing guys good battles with Nigel all i had to do was keep him in sight, this a first series win for me in GBRC believe it or not.
    Big thank you to Nigel for hosting and Carl for running the series.

I'm chuffed too bits and can't wait for the next battle :)

8. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nhaaaa!!!!!!!! First ever??

9. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

As everyone has already said a fantastic series and a BIG thank you to Carl for putting it all together. We all got so into it testing and squeezing everything out of the car.

From the start last night I knew I had to do well to stop Carl from pinching my second place from me in the championship and I had to do even better to steal first place from Jason tall order but never say never.
    Carl pinched pole from me with a couple of minutes left on qualifying well done Carl I managed to beat Carl off the line but I knew it would be a hard task to stay there and needless to say Carl got by so I hung on his tail until the last chicane I had a wobble got a few car lengths behind so then it was a case of head down and staying there but that's never easy with Jason hunting me down.but managed to hold on to second until the end, well done Carl.
    Now I'm trying to work out what I need to do to hold on to my championship position ready for the next race.

Race two was a bit of a blurr but managed to get by Holster early in the race which left Carl also fighting to get by him as well so managed to gain a good gap then thought I would get some good laps in with a clear track and Jason some distance ahead and as soon as I saw Carl get by the car behind I did my pit stop hoping I by the time Carl had taken his I could still be I front. That might of worked but I had a slight off losing me valuable time so Carl managed to pit and out again before me. After the off Jason very kindly slowed up allowing me to catch him so we had a very close battle for the rest of the race I managed to get by Jason on the last lap which gave me that one more needed point.

I'm so please for you Jason winning the championship you put allot of time and effort practising and setting up so a well deserved win and the fact you gave out advise and help to me and other members was much appreciated.

Carl I know you didn't want to be beaten by a Pasty eating pensioner with a bus pass who often turns up slightly pissed so pleased for you you beat me last night BUT I'm pleased overall in the championship we had joint second well done mate.

There was some brilliant battles throughout the championship and I can't remember last time EVERYBODY got so engrossed and enthusiastic as we all did in this series such a brilliant track and car choice Carl.

I agree with Carl's comments Rob you are getting to dam quick it's great to see and on the races Kevin joined us he has also had a speed increase which is brilliant and helps toward close racing.

Good to see a new member Holster join us if you join us for the Civic series from the start I know other members will give advise on car set up if you need it and I'm sure you will enjoy it and future club events so welcome aboard.

Well on to The Ring (easy Jim) this should be another belter and hard for three laps, I'm away part of this week so will have little or no time for setting up so should be interesting.

Thanks again to everybody for making it so much fun.

#129 cokebloke, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  10. Congrats Jason, very well deserved!

Motorhead_51, Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  11. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Thank you Carl great fun car combined with good track choices created the best series i have ever been involved with and i have tried a few clubs , again thanks go to Nigel and Jason for their combined hosting and a huge thank you to all that joined .

Well done Jason hard to believe that it has taken 7 years and a long break for the original creator of the club to achieve a first series win . A lesson in persistence for us all . Great pace in both races Carl . Steve found some talent lying around in time for race 2 . A well earned joint second Nigel showing great consistency through the series .

Thanks as Nigel has said have to go to all that took part in the many nights of testing without their shared knowledge tips and other advice i for one would probably still be finishing the race , it is the reason i have got quicker ,

Always good to see new members Holster (hark at the rookie lol) seriously stick around its fun .

Next week isnt going to be any less intense and with all the chat about thrashing and belting around the Ring i am wondering if some preparation H might be in order .

Cheers everyone and again congrats to Jason an outstanding performance for the series .

#131 Robabt111, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  12. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ohhh Jim that leaves it wide open for a comment from you, what Ring preparation advise can you give Jim

Jimantonic'82 and Robabt111 like this.
  13. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Congratulations Jason, thoroughly deserved. Great performance!

Carl, great series. If a little frustrating at times. Just how it should be. All the practice everyone was doing really paid off. Top 3 places covered by 3 points as well. A few more drivers would've made things really interesting. I thinks we should re-visit these before the end of the year.

cokebloke and Robabt111 like this.
  14. Nige please don't put 'wide open' and 'ring' in the same sentance when I'm around, just makes it too easy.... :eek::D:D

15. Congrats again to Jason once again for a cracking series win, shows that you get out what you put in!
    Also kudos to the chaps sharing setups and gearing tips, shows the community of this club takes place over complete secrecy and one-upmanship.
    Well done to Carl for coming up with the event, it's certainly proved popular with most participants putting the most practice/set up time into an event for a long time.
    I suppose some sort of thanks should go to Nige, not sure what he did but I know he gets grumpy if nobody sings his praises...
    Personally I've had a lot going on lately to be able to dedicate a lot of time into setups and practice, and most of you know I not into setting up cars too much and prefer stock setting races.
    But hopefully I'll be able to get a bit more wheel time in the next few weeks so I'll be looking to join in some of the testing

16. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just trying to keep with tradition of The GRUMPY British Racing Club Ive just practising the grumpy bit to much :p

Robabt111 and Jimantonic'82 like this.
  17. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great series Carl!

Wish I could have made all of them but I had a stellar time at the ones I could show for...

Congrats Jason! Well done!