1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [Jan 20, 2019] BMW M3 sport 1989 tuner race championship (Scenga77744)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by carlos77744, Apr 10, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
BMW M3 sport 1989 tuner race championship
Scenga77744
Signups: 0
Posted By : carlos77744
Start: Jan 20, 2019 07:00 PM
End: Jan 20, 2019 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

A 4 week race championship using the BMW M3 1989 tuning enabled
    https://goo.gl/images/HpwfK3
    [​IMG]
    Starting 13/5/2018
    Start time 20.00 with 15 mins qualifying
    Power 234
    Weight 1;200
    Racing hard
    Add what ever wheels you want pimp that Beemer up
    Lobby will be set to allow abs and track cones only all other aids disabled.

Reverse grid for the second race

Week 1 tuskuba 30 laps 2 races
    Week2 .blue moon infeild a 25 laps 2 races
    Week 3 brands hatch indy. 27 laps 2 races
    Week 4Auotodrome .Lago Maggiore centre 2 27 laps 2 races
    Week 5 Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa 18 laps
    Points for 1st 10
    2nd 9
    3rd . 8
    4th . 7
    5th. 6
    6th . 5
    7th. 4
    8th. 3
    9th . 2
    10th. 1 .
    Tuning enabled I will post some setting or set ups for the car setting

NOTE Race 2 you will have to make a pit stop for tyres normal tyre wear and fuel so every one will have the same amount of pit time

champonship table standings after round 3

lunchbox 79
    Cokebloke 75
    scenga 75
    Fido. 71
    Rob 57
    Jimtonic 29
    badger 15
    moterhead 39
    numnuts 29
    Zeb 6
    aldy 4
    Holster. 10

1st. Place and bmw championship winner with. 79 points. Goes to Lunchbox. Aka Jason
    Joint 2nd. Goes to. Scenga. and Cokebloke
    3rd place. Fido
    Special mentions rookie racer goes to Rob well done rob your getting quicker every race
    Most inconsistent racer goes to Steve a fresh order of rum is on order ,
    Saddest person award goes to Jason who by the end of the series had done more nights testing and more miles than any one joking well done Jason after the first race I and other members realised that some serious testing was the only way to keep up with your pace well done number unro 1 is yours for the next one .
    Thanks to all who joined this was a classic in gbrc history clean hard racing.

Attached Files:

#1 carlos77744, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Robabt111, bnic11, Lunchbox and 3 others like this.
  2. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice one Carl look forward to this...........mind you I look forward to any series if you want me to host just let me know.

Robabt111 likes this.
  3. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sounds great =) Hope I can stay sober and alert this time :confused:

cokebloke and Robabt111 like this.
  4. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Found a setup on gtplanet not tested yet but worth a look.

Setup made at Tsakuba (PB: 1:08,887)

Replay of that lap can be found Ingame with Tag: MINKIHL or on my Youtube Channel ->*here*

Setup:
    Balance of Power: active
    Brake: 2
    Traction: 0
    Countersteering: off
    Tires: Sport Hard

Ride height: 105mm/4,13in F - 108mm/4,25in R
    Frequency (hz): 1,80 F - 1,67 R
    ARB: 10 F - 10 R
    Compression: 59 F - 59 R
    Rebound: 90 F - 88 R
    Camber: 1,2 F - 1,8 R
    Toe: out 0.25 F - in 0.30 R

Downforce: none

LSD:
    rear

Gears ratio:
    Top Speed: 200km/h
    Final Gear 5000
    1. Gear: 1810 / 92
    2. Gear: 1435 / 116
    3. Gear: 1161 / 144
    4. Gear: 0991 / 169

5. Gear: 0875 / 196

5. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

SIGHN UP PLEASE
    Note I will post the set up we have been testing with its rapid only gears will need to be tuned to your preference .

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  6. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Take note a pit stop in the second race has been added

Robabt111, cokebloke and Lunchbox like this.
  7. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Thanks Carl for putting this together mate.
    I had one concern about the pits at Tsakuba in the old gt games you could cut in the pit lane entry late reducing your entry time by quite a bit. On testing they have put in a invisible barrier so you can't it do now (for the better in my opinion)
    So i suggest everyone do a custom race or two to get used to the pit entry.

carlos77744, Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  8. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

I have a attached a screen shot for the suspension and diff settings this leaves the black art gearbox it' up to you to set the tranny for the track
    Good luck for Sunday

9. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

@carlos77744 not sure if its my computer but cant find the setting for the car

Robabt111 likes this.
  10. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Computer says no

Robabt111, Zebaldus and cokebloke like this.
  11. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Gears ratio:
    Top Speed: 200km/h
    Final Gear 5000
    1. Gear: 1810 / 92
    2. Gear: 1435 / 116
    3. Gear: 1161 / 144
    4. Gear: 0991 / 169

5. Gear: 0875 / 196
    [/QUOTE]

I cant get down to the 1st gears numbers???

Robabt111 likes this.
  12. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Setup:
    Balance of Power: active
    Brake: 2
    Traction: 0
    Countersteering: off
    Tires: r h

Ride height: 110 110
    Frequency (hz): 1,95 1.70
    ARB: 10 F - 6r
    Compression: 65 65
    Rebound: 95 95
    Camber: 2.2. 3.5

Toe: in0.50 F - in 0.30

Downforce: none

LSD:
    rear

Set up for the bmw

13. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Coke bloke will be hosting Jason will host the chat if possible .

14. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Sure thing Carl

15. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Great nights racing guys, phew what a first race Jim kept at my heals for 30 laps a big step up in my racing for me to keep my cool and stay on track for such a long time and pressure.

The second race i could not catch Badger and for Jim to come out second from the pits i could only watch them battle and not catch them.

Thanks Nigel for being the hostess with the most's and Carl for organising.

16. Was great fun and a great couple of races, just what I needed after a long absence from racing with you guys.
    Jason I really couldn't catch you in the first race, had a couple of half openings but you put your car in the right place at the right time to stop any attempts from me to pass.
    Badger was the same in race two, little by little I could gain a smidgen in sector one, so after about 800 laps the gap was pretty small, already apologised fir the lunge down the inside, just left my braking a tad too late so had to dive right instead of ploughing into the back of you.
    Also apologies to Zeb, just wandered across your line after passing you, thought there was enough clearance for me to take that line but just touched you, hope it didn't put you off too much.
    Well done Carl for a great combo.
    Thanks to Nige and Jason for sabotaging me, sorry, I mean hosting lobby and chat.

17. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I cant really add much more to the above comments, both the races were so intense couldn't keep up with the very front runners but just managed to keep ahead of Rob who in both races chased me to the finish line, well done Rob.
    Its funny no matter how I set a car up pre race when it comes to the actual race any slightly wrong setting certainly shows up so made a couple of adjustments after race one it gained me a little bit each lap and felt more settled.

Good to see you back Jim and as I said considering the amount of time away you certainly haven't lost any pace.

Oh well now to start finding a set up for the next race.

Thank for organising Carl and thanks Jason for the advise on gear ratios pre race.

#17 cokebloke, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Robabt111, Jimantonic'82 and Lunchbox like this.
  18. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

thanks for all who took part this week ace racing some good replays GBRC classic racing
    Well done Jason and Jim and badger.
    Next week will be a bank holiday in the uk so most of us may be worse for wear so we will move it to the following week have a good bank holiday Sunday will now be casual or set up night .

Robabt111, cokebloke and Lunchbox like this.
  19. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Carl for sorting this event out, couldn't believe how close we all were pace wise.

I must admit I was dreading this. Just couldn't get the car to do what I wanted it to.Then I did a couple of arcade races against N600 class cars on professional difficulty. This basically taught me how to drive around the cars problems and make do with the settings. My gearing for the standing start was a joke though.

It was good to see Jim back on the grey stuff again, hasn't lost any pace. ( I think thats why Jason was trying to confuse him with gearbox settings between races ;) ). Great drives from Rob, Jason and Badger as well, fast and consistent.

This looks like its going to be tight all the way to the end!

Cheers for another great night of racing fellas, see you in a couple of weeks.:)

20. Robabt111

Club GBRC

All the above and then some i loved it , a mistake early in the first race put me out of the front running and allowed me to check Nigels loose rear end untill i had a Badger crawling all over the back of me , the second race took till all the pit stops happened to take its shape seeing Jim have a tactical masterclass leaping to 2nd and after Carl kindly went scenic allowing me through i was once again chewing Nigels fumes , another couple of races and i will work out how to pass you Nigel :D
    Great follow up to the Ferrari , this was a bit more intense i need the bank holiday weekend off to recover .

cokebloke, Fido996 and Lunchbox like this.