1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Open Event [Jan 20, 2019] GT86 GRMN RACE SERIES (sceng77744)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by carlos77744, Nov 29, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
GT86 GRMN RACE SERIES
sceng77744
Signups: 3
Posted By : carlos77744
Start: Jan 20, 2019 08:00 PM
End: Jan 20, 2019 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
The following Races have signed up "Yes": 3
  1. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Me and Nigel will be on tonight.

Fido996 likes this.
  2. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'll be online tonight Steve

3. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Rob took some time out to update your gt86 livery if you want it. Here

[​IMG]

#63 Lunchbox, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  4. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Awesome work Jason thank you very much .

5. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Heads up Thursday night will be practice night for this event as it resumes Sunday.

Robabt111, Fido996 and cokebloke like this.
  6. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

IMPORTANT after tonights practice i have decided to swap sundays race to Brands hatch gp 3 RACES 10 LAPS
    This was due to problems with the car being unable to make the first bend

7. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Thank heavens because I hate blue moon speedway. I'll be able to make this week but doubtful for the 13th

cokebloke likes this.
  8. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Your to quick Roman I would rather you race on a track you don't like :p

Zebaldus likes this.
  9. aldy13

Club GBRC

Omg I just watched the Race 2 replay and I took out Roman on the 1st bend and Zeb on the 3rd :(:(:( sorry fellas

10. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

NP m8 =)

aldy13 likes this.
  11. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Another round done with the gt86 bit of a discussion after the race with replays being played firstly though well done Steve epic pace and showed us all how to overtake .
    Firstly brands is a mare of a place to get consistently lap and to race at not surprising we had a few incidents but as i say shit happens and much like most moter sport that has close racing (which is what we crave for) there will be incidents but no one as far as i can see did it with intent much like a daily sport race.
    On the plus side we had 10 in the room so racing was always going to be close discussion about waiting during incidents was discussed and a new approach may be appropriate.
    Next week we move to Spain and it is a new track and yes we dont race here often we will practice Thursday its a good track to race on but practice will be needed
    Results will be up later Steve the alien is pulling away with it.

Robabt111, cokebloke and Fido996 like this.
  12. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Robabt111 likes this.
  13. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I was surprised when I joined the lobby last night to see everyone tearing around Brands. Jason then informed me that there was a change of venue. Thinking that I was about to become a victim of a wind up, I checked the web site. Nothing on there about a track change. Then I noticed that the screen hadn’t been updated. Sure enough, there it was in black & white!

So, a quick adjustment to the gearing as it was set up for the long straight at Blue Moon, and the rest was left. I was never completely happy with the gearing all night, terrible wheelspin in 1st and 2nd off the line.

Somehow managed to snatch pole and got away around Paddock Hill bend without any drama. Nigel was keeping the pressure on so I just concentrated on keeping the racing line hoping that the speed would come after a few laps. Sure enough I began to find my rhythm and the lap times began to come down. I managed to pull away eventually to take a very surprising win.

Second race I planned to hold back just enough to take advantage of any early mistakes. This lasted until the lights went green! First corner, got hung out to dry on the outside and had a gap to close. Should’ve waited. I caught up and started to pick off places one way or another. To be honest, this race is a bit hazy. Can’t really remember much of it. Glad I saved the replay.

Final race started from the back. This time I took my time trying to move through the field. This was going to be difficult as almost the entire grid were really close together. Until the end of the third lap. An incident on the start finish straight caused the field to split wide open. This got me up to 3rd or 4th ( I’ll have to check the replay again ). I slowly picked off the remaining spots and eventually hit the front. I then turned off the radar and switched to the split timer and started time trialing. This was going great until two laps from the finish. Clipped the grass on exit before the run down into the grandstand area and spun it into the barrier nose first. This allowed Nigel to go by to start the last lap with a comfortable 2.5 second gap and a deserved win.

Driver of the night for me has to Paul. Some great results after a couple of offs, especially the last race. Fighting back to get a podium place. Nice job!

And so off to Spain next week. It’ll be nice to see some sun!

Thanks to Carl for organising and, as ever, Nigel for hosting.

See you all next week!

Robabt111, cokebloke and Zebaldus like this.
  14. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Driver of the night for me has to Paul. Some great results after a couple of offs, especially the last race. Fighting back to get a podium place. Nice job!

Thx for the kind words =) a little luck and people going on to the green stuff.

#74 Zebaldus, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  15. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Rapid Romans Recap

I was better off in the stands :mad:. Now I know how James May feels about the Nurburging. Onto the next one.

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  16. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

To be honest Andy I was so awful I didn't even care lolol.

Robabt111 and aldy13 like this.
  17. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ok so the points are updated Steve is pulling away with me second but 3rd is up for grabs with Paul heading into contention.
    Driving standards must improve for the next round although close racing must still be had as i have said cataluyana is a ace track but some practice will be needed.

Robabt111, Fido996 and cokebloke like this.
  18. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Mine have vanished ?:(

19. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Bet Jim took them :D

20. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Another fantastic nights racing with the clubs long established regs and standards being questioned and tested . Amongst everything though Steve handed everyone a first class demonstration of driving skill par excellence , with a fine supporting cast of Carl and Nigel and appearances by Paul and Mark .
    This again was a race night where i was struggling with some of the set up but that didnt detract from the enjoyment i got from the evening or from watching the replays which i find can be a great learning tool .
    All three races had some close racing and with Brands being so unforgiving people were spending more time off track than normal for many of them, not sure if thats just the track or if the physics have been altered in someway, it did make for a changing field thanks to everyone that made it fun .
    Catalunya is a track i have never raced so some track time is needed , lets hope for at least the same starting number again and a similar amount of close racing .

Well done to the podium winners Steve, Carl, Nigel, Paul and Mark and awesome consistent pace Steve setting fastest laps in all three races , cheers for setting this up Carl and again the most secure host as always is Nigel and Jason for the chat , once again many thanks to all that turned up to make it so much fun . See you all in Spain .

Zebaldus and Fido996 like this.