Welcome to GT Arena

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [Jan 28, 2017] [ROLEX24 Live SIM event] Daytona (GT6) (gurizzi)

Discussion in 'GT3 Club Casual Events' started by gurizzi, Jan 18, 2017.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
[ROLEX24 Live SIM event] Daytona (GT6)
gurizzi
Signups: 2
Posted By : gurizzi
Start: Jan 28, 2017 11:00 AM
End: Jan 29, 2017 11:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -08:00 PST
The following Races have signed up "Yes": 2
  1. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

image.jpg ---------------------------------------------------------------

#1 gurizzi, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  2. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

How to sign-up for this event

- click the sign-up option 'yes' to reserve your spot on the grid this weekend!

--- Type in the comment box: car model - driver/car number . Then click 'post'.

Thank you!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event start time: (7:00am PST/10:00am EST)

- This casual event will be held in a club/public lobby open to ALL !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Public/Club Lobby will be open 1/22 @ 7:00am PST(West USA)

----- When is the lobby open where you live?

- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Sunday @ 11:00am

- London, UK Sunday @ 3:00pm

- Munich, Germany Sunday @ 4:00pm

- Tokyo, Japan Sunday @ 12:00pm
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- 25min. Event
    -- World circuit: Daytona Road Course

3. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

- Hello, ALL !

- Just to give an update, Unfortunately I'm have not been able to purchase a PS4, but when the opportunity comes I might choose to get a PC gaming console instead. Either way, I'm still on PS3 for now & thought Id host some Daytona 24 events! If any of you guys are interested & have the time? id b glad to see u on course!

- This will be a two weekend event. Next Sunday we will host live while the real life event is going!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  4. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Here is the entry list for the REAL LIFE event!

https://cdn.theapexracing.co/wp-con...17-Rolex-24-at-Daytona-initial-entry-list.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- As you can see on this years entry list, IMSA has made a lot of good decisions from the stand point of regulations & classifications. If you look in the GTLM & GTD class' you will see some of the new cars debuting (mostly in GTD). You can find some of these cars in GT6 (although they might b concepts and older versions) and perhaps you would like to give some of them a try? if so, here is the list.....

• BMW M6 GT3 = BMW Vision Gran Turismo
    • ACURA NSX GT3 = ACURA NSX Concept '13
    • PORSCHE 911 GT3 R = RUF RGT '00
    • LAMBORGHINI HURACAN GT3 = LAMBORGHINI Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
    -------------------------------------------------------------

@Registered

Motorhead_51 and PAPPACLART like this.
  5. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Only ran with you once G, but I hate to see you go!

This event looks great, too. Just no wheel:eek:

gurizzi likes this.
  6. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

thnx!

u can turn a few laps on a controller if u want !? :D

7. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Hello, All ! ---

The second part of this event is underway now!

- This part of the event i will be hosting a lobby from now untill the real life event ends! (as much as i can stay awake :D) This event is meant to be a 'Live Sim event'. I will replicate the current real life conditions, weather, Safetycars & time. (as i have the the race on another TV :D) The lobby im hosting will never start a race, you simply join whenever you want, choose a class and turn as many laps as you can! I will be live race controll. I will log all players who join; class, car & laps completed. This is a public lobby so u never know who or how many may or may not b on course when u join. When the event reaches its conclusion i will post results here & the player with the most laps completed wins! (o/a and or thier class)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

• A player can enter in more then one class
    • Time progression is on high, this way all players have a chance to race day & night no matter when they join
    • If a SC is deployed in real life event, a SC will b deployed in our event for 3 laps max.
    • Weather will b up-dated as much as possible
    • Race Controll will replicate rules and do live monitoring of all on track events
    • In short, this is a glorified trackday where we can talk nd enjoy the real life event, hope to see you guys on course! :D

8. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Another exciting finish this year @gurizzi?

So many different makes had a chance to win in GTLM! Ford has done well.....

So much rain throughout the night time hours.....

Do you think the officials made the right call to let the contact slide between 1 and 2? I say yes....... It was a bold move but he did leave the lane open.........

gurizzi likes this.
  9. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

yes, a lot of rain lol. I was up until about 2am my time then I crashed, was fun as usual, gr!. I'm a Corvette fan, so naturally I'm not feelin the Ford...especially since its not technically allowed in the class (GTLM) cuz its not a production car available to public aaaaaand they had 4 entries. But that's why they run the races & they earned the win. The contact in T1 in P class I agree with u & officials...Albaquerque left door cracked, Taylor just to available room, he didn't push him wide, Alb. actually came down on Taylor once he (Alb) noticed he went too wide. Jeff Gordon almost messd up that race tho for WayneTaylorRacing :D

Motorhead_51 likes this.