1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [Jul 1, 2018] KOTR BMW e30 (Scenga7774)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by carlos77744, Jun 12, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
KOTR BMW e30
Scenga7774
Signups: 7
Posted By : carlos77744
Start: Jul 1, 2018 08:00 PM
End: Jul 1, 2018 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
The following Races have signed up "Yes": 7
The following Races have signed up "No":
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

We had a quick go Sunday night and as to be expected with a five speed box it’s hard to get it good on all corners we all had slow starts due to high gearing but can’t remember the lap times but it’s going to be so close can’t wait, glad your joining us it’s been a long time.

Robabt111, bnic11 and Lunchbox like this.
  2. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Cheers Nige, yes its been a while, last race was the Cayman Cup in Feb :eek:, so will be a bit rusty around the Ring (........can hear Jim typing response now !)

3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yep Jim’s a bit of a bugger like that.:p

Jimantonic'82 and Robabt111 like this.
  4. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Welcome to the mistical art of gear box tuning that we have all dabbled with over the last few weeks if you try this calculator it will give you a good top speed but no first to start with it is one or the other me I am going for top speed .
    I'l be on tonight and Thursday for testing no doub Jason will be on .
    Welcome back Bruce

5. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Leaving 5am in the morning going away for a couple of days so have a few things to sort but I will try and join you later.

Robabt111, Fido996 and Lunchbox like this.
  6. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Not another Holiday, your worse than me !

#46 bnic11, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    Motorhead_51 and Jimantonic'82 like this.
  7. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thats not possible Bruce:p

8. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

This is an automated response generated by bnic11, I'm away on holiday right now, but will respond to your post when I return.

9. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks again for this one Carl and on one of the hottest nights of the year boy oh boy was it hot concentrating on this tonight so glad I was racing naked ( let that haunt you guys for awhile )
    Great to see you back Bruce and you certainly still have the speed you certainly deserved that second win, well done Steve for the first race win.
    look forward to the MX5 series see you there.

10. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Oh boy

#50 Motorhead_51, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Robabt111, Fido996 and cokebloke like this.
  11. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Thanks for a great KOTR Carl, finally the server issues settle down. Really enjoyed racing again - always love the Ring.

Congrats to Steve in Race 1 - Had a good battle with naked Nigel early on and tried to keep up with Steve & Carl.
    Not sure if a responsible adult should look at my pass on Carl towards the end of the last lap. Carl had just rejoined the track, and I was caught out by the speed difference, as Carl moved over to the same side I was going to pass him on(a bit like the Hartley / Gasly incident in F1) I lost control & did a bit of grass cutting as I went past him. Swap our positions if neccesary.

Race 2 was a lucky win for me as Steve was delayed with a spin at the start, otherwise he would have won with his pace.
    Managed to time it just right onto the final straight - could almost hear Nigel groan as he new I had his slipstream on the last straight.

What a great car Carl.......good choice :)

Zebaldus, cokebloke and Robabt111 like this.
  12. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

#52 bnic11, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Motorhead_51 and Robabt111 like this.
  13. Honestly Bruce, are you baiting me???

14. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

One track mind :rolleyes:

15. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

KoTR never disappoints!

Great racing tonight gents, thoroughly enjoyed that. First race I was lucky to get away and stay out of trouble. The second race was always going to be difficult starting from the back. What with the traffic jam in the first chicane and everything it was an uphill battle. I eventually caught Rob and decided to stay behind hoping for a small mistake to allow the opening, but he was having none of it! We went into the pits together and came out even closer and even more difficult to pass. I eventually forced a small opening to get by and set off to try and claw some time back. The guys in front at this point hadn't pitted and I wasn't quite sure on the time spent changing tyres, so I gave it the berries. Time to first was down to about 16.5 seconds as I exited the Carousel but made a mistake with my line going up the hill and the time went out to 20 seconds. This one error cost me dear in the end. When Jason, Nigel and Bruce came out of the pits they were 2 seconds in front.

Thanks to Carl for setting this one up, always like any KoTR event, and hats off to Bruce as well. Weeks away not racing and then rolls up and is straight on the pace with a car thats a pain in the neck to get right! Also, a big tip of the hat goes to Rob for some fast, but gentlemanly driving. Just what this clubs about! :)

Cheers and thanks for reading.

16. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Points on tommorow been flat out at work

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  17. Robabt111

Club GBRC

My first KOTR and i have to say what a pleasant surprise i never imagined that a thrash around the ring would be so much fun .

After a few attempts at some practise laps i knew it was going to be a challenge to complete 3 laps and stay on track but after the first race saw me manage that , the confidence became too much and early in the second race i trimmed some grass and added some paint to some barriers , putting me in Steve's sights . The first race saw me holding off Paul but i couldnt achieve the same with Steve in the second and after some sphincter clenching moments he showed me how late he can brake and then was gone .
    Well done to everyone that turned up and had a thrash especially Steve , Bruce , Carl and Nigel for filling the podium in both races

I have loved this series awesome car and track choices set up the KOTR finale for a great conclusion cheers Carl and cheers to everyone that joined and made it so awesome .

Cheers for that Steve i try to learn by the example set so another big tip of the hat goes to all here that set an example to follow .

18. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Pleased you enjoyed your first KOTR Rob............its so much different from any other race, requiring immense concentration, patience and timing to succeed. When I first raced in KOTR, I was off several times a lap, but after watching Ring experts like GBRC's TommyZoom & TommyTibbs, I managed to work out which parts of the track I was loosing time on.

Here's a old pic showing GBRC's typical Ring Action.....TommyZoom, Uwanq, Tibbs, Myself.

[​IMG]

19. Always loads of action to be had around the ring when there is a close foursome...

(Someone needs to ban me from the KOTR thread in future...)

Robabt111 likes this.
  20. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member