1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

[Jul 29, 2018] Cobra (cokebloke)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by cokebloke, Jul 26, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Cobra
cokebloke
Signups: 4
Posted By : cokebloke
Start: Jul 29, 2018 08:00 PM
End: Jul 29, 2018 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
The following Races have signed up "Yes": 4
The following Races have signed up "Wildcard":
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi gents was going to hold a two week mini event with the Cobra due to the fact most of our racing colleagues are to be away on hols not many will be around this Sunday and even less the weekend Sunday the 5th Aug so for one night this Sunday 29th I will hold a race evening for anybody wanting to join and having not swanned off to forign lands. So.........

Shelby Cobra
    Tuning and pimping allowed including what ever wheels you fancy.
    ABS and cones only all other aids off
    Racing Hards

Room open 19.30
    Quallifying 20.00
    Race start 20.15

• KYOTO DRIVING PARK – YAMAGIWA 2x12 laps 2nd race reverse grid
    • Autódromo De Interlagos 2x 12 laps
    Pole 1
    F/Lap 1

1st 10
    2nd 9
    3rd . 8
    4th . 7
    5th. 6
    6th . 5
    7th. 4
    8th. 3
    9th . 2
    10th. 1 .

Sorry it’s very casual but will hold a proper series later in the season when everybody’s around.

#1 cokebloke, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  2. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Looks good Nigel! Hoping to make it.

Something to start your engines on your Saturday morning....

I enjoy this guys vids. He never fails to amuse me and this was no exception

I especially enjoy the one at 3:20 or so, nobody gonna steal that parking spot!

Robabt111, cokebloke and numbnuts70 like this.
  3. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Lucky chicken/ rooster at 2.39 haha.

What a pair of gents at 7.27 onwards, hmmmm, good luck getting what you want out of insurance companies.

Motorhead_51, Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  4. Robabt111

Club GBRC

I just love all the concern for the drivers being expressed by the applause the howls of laughter and general hilarity . Slapstick has gone up a notch .

The jeez remark around 4.46 is a classic .

cokebloke and Motorhead_51 like this.
  5. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

EDFED12B-29F8-4A1A-8F1D-FD881C7170CE.png
    Had a smile from ear to ear the rest of the night!

Still have some cleaning up to do with the nuances of the car, but that will come with time.

Just have to remember to treat the COBRA like a rope.......???
    Your better off trying to pull it along than trying to push it!

Thanks Nige for the host and spectacular show.

thanks for the tuning help as well guys. Would have been lost without it!

Special thanks to all of you for making it so competitive.

Here is some footage from race 2 and 4. The reason for my grin tonight. The reason I come back every chance I get!

Robabt111, Lunchbox and cokebloke like this.
  6. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks lads for joining last night and WOW!!!! what a car and what a series that would make love the way you can feel exactly what the car does what it wants you can really feel it and have to drive it every inch of the track and try and control such a strong willed car but it doesn't snap so you can control it to a degree

We where all close on times as well, can you imagine eight of these on the grid wouldn't that be a race, some great driving from everyone last night Kevin putting me under pressure on the last race but SOooo much fun thank you gents.

After all that the points are

coke 43 inc 3 F/laps
    Lunchbox 36 inc pole 1st race
    Motorhead 31 inc 1 F/lap
    Rob 29
    Zeb 6

Nice seeing the replay @Motorhead_51 Kev made me smile again @carlos77744 Carl how ever you do it you should get one of these you would love this car its so right up your street a car with real feel a true drivers car this has to be a great series through the winter I reckon a six weeker would be great

#6 cokebloke, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    Motorhead_51, Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  7. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Thanks for hosting and setting up last night Nigel i had a blast. You're very quick i think I will need more practice.

Motorhead_51, Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  8. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Cheers Nigel for hosting and the selections of car and tracks . I struggled with this car but as Geraint Thomas showed you can finish 140 out of 141 finishers and if you keep trying you may eventually win give or take 12 years .

A full series should create some fun close racing for everyone behind Nigel :D , you will take some catching sir . The track choices were spot on as they both seemed to suit the car once as Nigel and Kevin said "you stopped driving it too fast"

Totally agree Jason but you are not the only one needing more track time with this , it sounds a bit monstrous and can feel like it too .

May i suggest following on from Nigels prompt to buy the Cobra , that if you like the challenge then you will love this car .

Thanks to everyone that turned up and made it fun enjoy your break Jason rest those thumbs and Nigel you should know that once you are aged 50 and over any talk of flows etc creates a battle between gravity and urine and gravity tends to win so like driving the Cobra less is best :D

Motorhead_51, Lunchbox and cokebloke like this.
  9. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

You did good Rob your times and all our times where close it was just keeping it on track and keeping it steady if we had a series and like the BMW we get used to the car fine tuning it etc you’d be at the pointed end.

Motorhead_51, Lunchbox and Robabt111 like this.
  10. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Ok back from work so can give a better response.

Great drive Nigel just wished we could have given you more of a race but you seem to have this car well and truly down. With more people racing the points spread would be a lot more interesting and another close series in the making me thinks.

on a different note if you don't have the credits to buy the car after, with the new update you can buy cars up to a value of 2 million credit so this car could be brought for a few pennies if you don't want to grind. This feature will be available Thursday i think.

I had some good races last night and Kevin's videos shows the one, thanks Kev had a blast.

Meanwhile I'm in the pits contemplating how to handle this car.

[​IMG]

11. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

You should be contemplating does this green helmet suite me :D

I will most certainly be holding a series with this car.....cant wait.

Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  12. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Green helmet????

I thought that was the Lunchbox bit........:oops:

Great suit livery Jason! Can’t wait to play around with it!

cokebloke and Robabt111 like this.
  13. Robabt111

Club GBRC

No Kevin , Green Helmet was an old Bruce Lee character or its something you should be seeing a Doctor about .

Are you trying to tell us something Jason ? Or just planning a name change ? Hmmm Lunchbox or Green Helmet or Mr Blobby ?

Motorhead_51, Lunchbox and cokebloke like this.