1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Jun 7, 2015] Q3 GBRC KOTR (fido996)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Dec 30, 2014.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q3 GBRC KOTR
fido996
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Jun 7, 2015 08:00 PM
End: Jun 7, 2015 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

[​IMG]
    KING OF THE RING

PLEASE NOTE : Race Admin are present at all official events so please keep it as clean as possible when racing with other members

Event information
    The ever popular KOTR returns for the final series of the Q3 season, in a 4 week format. Again members will be faced with the challenge of the Green Hell over 3 laps, with one compulsory pitstop required. The cars will be a mixture of Classic, Stock, Tuned & Race cars to test everyone's ability.

Signup
    Unlike on our old site, signup for events is handled a little differently. You will need to signup for the Championship as either a "Yes" or a "Wildcard". Please make sure you signup correctly to ensure you have a place. Failing to do so may mean that you can not take part in the event. If you are confused please post up for clarification.

Guidelines
    [​IMG]
    Car Information

Week 1 - Mercedes 300 SL Coupe '54 222bhp, 1295kg, 409pp Sports Hards - oil change required, tuning prohibited
    Week 2 - Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Package 331bhp, 1470kg, 478pp, Sports Meds - oil change required, tuning prohibited
    Week 3 - Scirocco GT24 Base Model 377bhp, 1120kg, 500pp Racing Hards - tuning allowed
    Week 4 - RUF 3400S 404bhp, 1250kg Sports Softs - Class A spec, tuning allowed

Track Information

Nurburgring 24hrs

Race Information
    8.00pm Qualifying Starts
    8.30pm Race 1 min 3laps with 1 compulsory pitstop
    9.00pm ish Race 2 min 3laps with 1 compulsory pitstop with reverse grid

Lobby Information
    Admin Host (PSN ID Fido996 )
    Tyre Wear & Fuel = FAST
    Aids OFF
    ABS Allowed
    Racing line ON
    Slipstream REAL
    Track Edge Grip REAL
    Boost OFF
    Penalty OFF
    Mech Damage OFF

#1 bnic11, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  2. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Quick couple of questions. I've just been getting the cars together a specced up and I was wondering if the the three values for the GT24 are correct? No matter which combination I use I can only ever make two out of the three values.

Also, what tyres will be used on the RUF?

Cheers!

3. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Have you done an oil change on the GT24 Steve?

The RUF is on SS, as per the spec for Class A.

4. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yes and no. Tried one with an oil change, that didn't work so I bought another and left it as it was. Still no joy. I'm probably missing something really obvious knowing me. :confused:

5. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Loving the variety in this and the mix of tuning and stock cars. Will be a belter.

6. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'll be able to catch up on lost sleep when we get onto the straight in the Merc.

I've had a play around with a brand new GT24 and can get it to 500pp, 377bhp and 1120kg with the following:
    No Oil Change
    Engine Stage 3
    Racing Exhaust
    Sports Cat
    Power limiter 97.1%

#6 rams1de, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  7. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

All sorted now thanks Rams. Just another quick question, are we allowed to run underpowered, overweight cars where tuning is allowed?

I'll have a lobby open later to give the Merc a spin if anyones about. From about 7pm for an hour.

8. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Might join you for a short while Steve.

9. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yes.

Specified weight is the minimum, so you can add ballast to change weight distribution so long as bhp (and PP in the case of the GT24) aren't exceeded.

Power and PP are maximum so for instance you can choose to go with more torque and less bhp to reach the PP limit.

Or, you can use a combination of both to create a torquey (is that a word?) engine to haul the extra weight up the hills at the cost of more bhp and top speed on the long straight.

Fido996 likes this.
  10. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

rams1de, Bry_St3r, bnic11 and 2 others like this.
  11. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Had a few laps in the Merc & Scooby last night......must admit they both felt great around the Ring....in different ways of course. Hopefully we should have some great racing with both.

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  12. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ah... must resist... AHH.

13. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Is rigidly and custom rims allowed?
    Can't rbrr is the non tuning lobby allows them or not.

Great selectio of cars, the Boxter is a beast!

14. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

It allows bigger rims and rigidity in a non-tuning lounge ej.

I got no idea whether they're allowed or not but rigidity will be unpoliceable either way.

I'm not sure if I'll be doing this event so if there's no spare slots and anyone wants to take my place, that won't be a problem.

15. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

That will be a shame Nuts, to miss out on having you on track once again;) I will miss you if you don't make it....Hope you can!

Can anybody tell me what the PP limit is for the Ruf 3400, or am I just missing something?

16. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Motorhead_51 and Fido996 like this.
  17. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

It's supposed to be stock for the Merc. I don't see wheels as a 'tuning' part, purely cosmetic, but adjusting the body rigidity is. At least to me anyway. But as Nuts points out, its impossible to police.

I would hope we'd all go by the spirit of the regs and keep the cars "stock".

As for the RUF, as the regs state, needn't worry about the PP.

Motorhead_51 and rams1de like this.
  18. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Beat me to it! :p:)

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  19. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Just a few things to note for newer members who have not driven in the KOTR series :

Quali - Even though you have 30mins quali, realistically it only allows a slow out lap (remember on FAST tyre wear) & a flying lap. Please don't hold up faster drivers on you quali lap.

Race - As you know the Ring is very narrow so you need to have patience & wait to overtake at the right moment.
    TIP - If your slow enough to be following me, just sit tight because I usually bin it several times in one lap !

Good luck everyone !

Motorhead_51 and Jimantonic like this.
  20. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Had a quick go with the Merc tonight. Think I should have waited until Monday to open the other game and concentrated my time practising for Sunday.

Fido996 and Motorhead_51 like this.