1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Mar 15, 2015] Q3 GBRC Manufacturers Multi Class Challenge (GBRC_JannerJim)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Dec 30, 2014.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q3 GBRC Manufacturers Multi Class Challenge
GBRC_JannerJim
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Mar 15, 2015 08:00 PM
End: Mar 15, 2015 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

[​IMG]

Manufacturers Multi-Class Challenge

PLEASE NOTE : Race Admin are present at all official events so please keep it as clean as possible when racing with other members

This event will run in a slightly new format, as there will be three 20 minute races per race meeting.
    Using a different manufacturer each week, there will be a choice of three vastly different specs of cars for each night, each car must be used by each member in one of the three races, but the choice in which order they are used is down to each individual.

This is in the hope that it could put anyone at the top of the leaderboard, and everyone has the possibillity of racing someone different in every race.

All cars will be run with stock settings and the tyres they come with when bought.

The higher class cars will almost certainly lap the lower class cars, so all drivers will need to brush up on their 'blue flag' awareness.

Signup
    Unlike on our old site, signup for events ishandled a little differently. You will need to signup for the Championship as either a "Yes" or a "Wildcard". Please make sure you signup correctly to ensure you have a place. Failing to do so may mean that you can not take part in the event. If you are confusedplease post up for clarification.

Guidelines
    [​IMG]
    Car Information (Tuning Prohibited / Oil change required / Custom Wheels allowed)
    BMW:
    507 '57: 154 BHP, 1240 KG, 368PP, Comfort Softs.
    Z4 MvCoupe '08: 357 BHP, 1495 KG, 476 PP, Sports Hards.
    M3 GT2 Base Model '11: 525 BHP, 1245 KG, 577 PP, Race Hards.

Cheverolet:
    Corvette Convertable (C1) '54: 157 BHP, 1309 KG, 365 PP, Comfort Softs.
    '70 Nova SS: 393BHP, 1590 KG, 474 PP, Sports Hards.
    'Camaro Z28 Race Car '69: 444BHP, 1085 KG, 543 PP, Race Hards.

Lotus:
    Europa S.2 '68: 83 BHP, 624 KG, 382 PP, Comfort Softs.
    Carlton '90: 394 BHP, 1655 KG, 479 PP, Sports Hards.
    Elise 111R Race Car '04: 274 BHP, 720 KG, 534 PP, Race Hards.

Nissan:
    Primera 2.0Te '90, 156 BHP, 1170 KG, 375 PP, Comfort Softs.
    Skyline GTR V Spec II Nür (R34) '02: 353 BHP, 1560 KG, 479 PP, Sports Hards.
    GT-R GT500 Base Model '08: 518 BHP, 1100 KG, 584 PP, Race Hards.

Track Information
    Week 1: Nurburgring GP/F. (BMW)
    Week 2: Laguna Seca. (Cheverolet)
    Week 3: Silverstone GP. (Lotus)
    Week 4: Fuji F. (Nissan)

Race Information
    8.00pm = Qualifying Starts (you must use the car that you will drive in Race 1)
    8.15pm= Race 1 - 20 min Race run to endurance settings.
    8.40ish = Race 2 - 20 min (reverse grid) Race run to endurance settings.
    9.10ish = Race 3 - 20 min (reverse grid) Race run to endurance settings.

Lobby Information
    - Admin Host Jimantonic (PSN ID GBRC_JannerJim)
    Tyre Wear & Fuel = NORMAL
    Aids OFF
    ABS Allowed
    Racing line ON
    Slipstream REAL
    Track Edge Grip REAL
    Boost OFF
    Penalty OFF
    Mech Damage OFF
    Tuning PROHIBITED

A slight adjustment to the point scoring system in regards to pole position and fastest lap will be made for this event: Pole position points will no longer be issued to deter everyone using the fastest car in race 1.
    The fastest lap from each class in each race will be awarded 1 point, so up to three drivers in each race will gain a bonus point.

#1 bnic11, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  2. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just thought I'd add a note to this:
    Due to PD's usual need to throw a spanner in the works, the car change bug where it shows you in the previous car used when you change car will no doubt play it's part in causing some confusion.
    I'll just ask if EVERYONE would be kind enough to select their new car, go to track then leave the track (using the red X in the in lobby menu), then return to track without switching cars, as this fixes the problem.
    Failure to do so may result in disqualification from the race as you may be logged as using the same car twice (awaiting clarification from Admin/Race Admin).
    Thanks chaps, get saving, you'll need just over 2 million credits in total for this event!! ;)

3. oldnail

Club GBRC

Missed the Elsies but this looks good Jim!

4. oldnail

Club GBRC

Elises, lol........

5. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Don't worry, at least you get a bit of an Elsie fix in this one ;)

6. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Should also have noted all cars are with oil change, free choice on wheel size too.
    Any paint schemes that result in requirements for eye surgery may incuur point deductions... @RacingRoman23R

RacingRoman23R and rams1de like this.
  7. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just been going through the car list and started buying what I'll be needing to race and found that the Base Model BMW wasn't available to buy from the dealer. I went back to my original account and its in that dealer ok, gone back to my new account and it's still missing.

Now, after a bit of research, it turns out you either have to race in arcade and use one of the new M3 race cars that's in the courtesy garage or buy one of these first. Very strange. All the other base models were available so not sure why this one has been singled out. May be worth a check of your garages just to make sure it's there.

8. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Is anyone else struggling to find/buy any cars?
    I still have time to re-evaluate the car lists if any are proving to be a problem.

@Fido996 , have you now managed to buy the car? Must be getting senile as I couldn't quite make out the outcome of your post.

9. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Panic over, got the car now. Apparently the GT2 Base Models isn't available to buy from the beginning. You have to do an arcade race using the BMW '10 race car or buy the same car from the dealer. This will then open up the base model to buy.

Jimantonic likes this.
  10. oldnail

Club GBRC

My PS3 died at the weekend (for 2nd time following my initial bake in the oven repair just before Chrismas!) and I have lost all of the GT6 data even though I did a back up using the back up facility to an external hard drive. So I am now starting completely from scratch again with a new PS3. Honda Fit is my only car so far......

Will do my best to work my way through and get all the cars needed hopefully in time for the event! I have set up a new account and my new name is oldnail100 so will need to add you all as friends again.

Annoyingly I had purchased the new PS3 after I did the repair on the original one and have since found out that I could have done a data transfer between the 2 machines when it was still working, oh well........

11. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Sorry to hear that Nail. How come the backup data did not work ?

Looks like you will just have to start 'grinding' away and get some cash. Plenty of money making tricks in GT6 on the net. Unfortunatlly you need 12no cars for this event.

12. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

If PD weren't such fascist pigs we could all send you cars like in the gt5 days.

Or you can always commit the cardinal sin of buying credits with real money, the way corporate whores want you to.

Rant over lol.

13. oldnail

Club GBRC

Thanks, apparently the back up saves everything except the game data! Presumably to stop unscrupulous types passing to others. Yes, lots of quick races will be required. I have not even unlocked the on-line lobby yet!

14. oldnail

Club GBRC

Yes, lol! No way I am paying real money nuts! Too tight and just doesn't seem right.

15. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Keep logging in and smash out the seasonals once you have the 2x bonus.
    Patience is a virtue!

16. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Google 'fastest way to earn money in gt6'.

Play the career mode until you can enter the Red Bull section, there you can 240,000 every 4/5minutes iirc.

Not sure whether the old 'glitches' work but they'd be worth a try if you can find out how to do them.

17. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Oldnail,,,,,, just on your backup woes,

Dunno if you tried this, you have to set GT6 up and fully update it with all of PD's delicious fix's, re-fix's and counter re-fix's then only after it is fully updated you can apply your save game.

Also, you need to be logged in with your original PSN ID.

I hope this helps.
    Eoin

18. oldnail

Club GBRC

Thanks Eoin, is that done with using saved data from the back up utility under the settings tab on the main menu? Just checking before I remove it all and spend another 5 hours uploading it all!

19. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

If you exported the save game to a USB key, and there has been no updates since you did this,

Create a separate profile and log in to PSN on the new PS3 using your old PSN ID (the old one from the save game), Pop in GT6, (it should be already updated to the latest build from the other profile so no download required hopefully) and then apply the save game from the USB key, This should work.

If it doesn't work, The save game is too old compared to the build version, the wrong save game was exported or something is corrupt in the game data:(

hope this helps nail, GL

20. oldnail

Club GBRC

Just tried and it didn't work. I think it is because I didn't use the saved game data utility which provides details of your progress through the game and gives an option to copy to a USB device. I used the back up data utility which apparently saves nothing to do with the actual game! Sorry for talking about all this on your thread Jim. Please move if required.