1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Mar 20, 2016] GBRC PCars - Road & Race Series (bnic11)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jan 3, 2016.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
GBRC PCars - Road & Race Series
bnic11
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Mar 20, 2016 08:00 PM
End: Mar 20, 2016 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

[​IMG]

GBRC second Championship brings back a race format used by our former head admin, Tommyzoom.
    This is a 4 week series in which each round we used both road going & race versions of the same car (not BMW). This makes for a very challenging series as you will be racing FWD, RWD, Mid-engined, Rear-engined cars in all sorts of categories / classes from manufacturers Renault / Ford / BMW / RUF

I'll be awarding points as follows ;
    Pole = 1pt
    1st = 10pts, 2nd = 9pts, 3rd = 8pts, 4th = 7pts, 5th = 6pts, 6th = 5pts, 7th = 4pts, 8th = 3pts, 9th = 2pts, 10th = 1pts.

Car & Track Information (please note - tuning allowed)
    Feb 21st @ LeMans Bugatti - Race 1 - Renault Megane RS275 / Race 2 - Renault Megane Trophy V6
    Laps = 15 (Road) & 17 (Race)
    Feb 28th @ Watkins Glen GP - Race 1 - Ford Mustang GT / Race 2 - Ford Mustang Boss GT4
    Laps = 14 (Road) & 15 (Race)
    March 6th @ Nurb GP - Race 1 - BMW 1 M Coupé / Race 2 - BMW 320TC WTCC
    Laps = 13 (Road) & 14 (Race)
    March 13th @ Hockenhiem GP - Race 1 - RUF RGT8 / Race 2 - RUF RGT8 GT3
    Laps = 15 (Road) & 17 (Race)

Host - Bnic11
    Please ensure that I'm on your PSN friend list

Race Information
    7.45pm Practice
    8.00pm Qualifying
    8.10pm Race 1 approx 30mins (Laps tbc) Road Car
    15mins Quali for Race 2
    Race 2 approx 30mins (Laps tbc) Race Car

#1 bnic11, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    Jimantonic likes this.
  2. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

OP amended, after further testing (online this time), tuning of the road cars will be allowed.

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  3. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Think I will have problems the 14/2 its the heartday.:confused:

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  4. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

I hear ya Paul. I am lucky enough to have a misses that will be working that afternoon! But if her schedule changes, this will be a problem!

Zebaldus likes this.
  5. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Yes well spotted lads, I may push this back a week to benefit our more romantic members :rolleyes:

Zebaldus likes this.
  6. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

You don't know the half of it Bruce! Just full of love and passion!:eek:

Zebaldus and bnic11 like this.
  7. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

I've pushed this event back 1 week to avoid the Feb 14th Valentines Day clash:rolleyes:

Zebaldus likes this.
  8. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Said to my wife "Of course I want to spend the evening with the love of my life but not to worry I will have finished racing by 10pm then she can have my full attention"

Motorhead_51 and Jimantonic like this.
  9. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

How do you spell 'castration' Nige...

Zebaldus, Motorhead_51 and cokebloke like this.
  10. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Ran some short races with all the cars again over the weekend as I'm better a bit obsessed about trying to get closer racing - While the wide range of cars should provide a good test for everyone, there is also tyre wear to consider over the 30min races. The Megane road car eats it tyres very quickly, so you might have to be prepared for a pit stop. I think there are at least 5 cars here which could deserve to have a series of their own, they are so good.

As Steve, Carl & Nigel are doing a great job with Casuals on Thursdays, I'll try and get on some other nights & setup some practice races in Public rooms to test these cars out further. Does anyone have any free nights at all.

11. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

I can mostly nights if its around 21.00. If home I´m game. =)

12. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

If Iv'e been good sometime I can grab a Wednesday for an hour or so but with family springing supriises can't be 100%

13. I'm working this weekend, if I get home in time I'll join, if not it'll be next week

14. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I will be free Sunday evening Bruce if you want to test

15. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

So....... Any chance of tuning talk about the Renault 275? Change the ,.LSD? Ride hight?

Tried the brake bias and that seems to hurt more than help........Lsd at 50/15 down 5 or 10 on ride hight seems to help.......other than adjusting for fuel I don't know? Anybody had a chance to give a solid go at shocks and springs?

16. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

How many laps we doing Bruce? Or is it 30 min time?

Don't mind what seems to be impatience....... Just waking to a wine hangover from a wine tasting in celebration of heart day..... Missus is snoring happily and I am wide awake, wondering what quiet things I can get started........

#16 Motorhead_51, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    cokebloke likes this.
  17. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

@Motorhead - Laps will be confirmed tonight

I've changed the race format slightly, this is now amended in the OP :
    (note - because PCars has automated practice/quali/race -we cant swap between cars in practice)

7.45pm Practice - Road Car
    8.00pm Qualifying - Road Car
    8.10pm Race 1 approx 30mins (Laps tbc) - Road Car
    10mins Quali for Race 2 - Race Car
    Race 2 approx 30mins (Laps tbc) Race Car

I wont be doing the 'top 3 stay in pits' format so everyone a chance to have some time in both cars.

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  18. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

That Trophy car..... tricky thing.

19. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Yep, the trickiest car of the series by far, but does respond well to changes in setup

20. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

You just have to know how to change in setup. :eek::confused:

PAPPACLART likes this.