1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [May 10, 2015] Q3 GBRC Dunlop Abarth Cup (rams1de)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Dec 30, 2014.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q3 GBRC Dunlop Abarth Cup
rams1de
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: May 10, 2015 08:00 PM
End: May 10, 2015 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

[​IMG]
    DUNLOP ABARTH CUP
    (Many thanks to EJD_eire for all his hard work in creating this series)

PLEASE NOTE :
    Race Admin are present at all official events so please keep it as clean as possible when racing with other members

Event information
    The regulations of this event are designed to mimic the real life Dunlop Abarth Cup
    Limited engine and drive-train modifications are available. Tracks are selection of real world circuits.

Signup
    Unlike on our old site, signup for events is handled a little differently. You will need to signup for the Championship as either a "Yes" or a "Wildcard". Please make sure you signup correctly to ensure you have a place. Failing to do so may mean that you can not take part in the event. If you are confused please post up for clarification.

Guidelines
    [​IMG]

Car Information
    Fiat Punto HGT '00 - 178bhp / 1020KG /394PP / 395PP
    (395PP can only be achieved by running a weight distribution higher than 61:39)

Regulated Modifications
    Oil change
    Improve rigidity
    Wheels: Factory Standard Only
    Tires: Racing Hards / Racing Wets ( FREE CHOICE)
    Engine: ECU / Racing Exhaust / De-Cat / Racing Intake (only)
    Suspension: Custom Racing Suspension / Racing Brakes ( setup allowed)
    Transmission:NO MODIFICATION Please only use Standard Gearbox / Clutch / Differential
    Chassis: Suggest remove all weight add ballast (95kg) to 1020KG and set position for distribution as desired.
    Aero:NO AERO PARTS ALLOWED (NO REAR WING)

Track Information
    Week 1 - Tsukuba
    Week 2 - Midfield Raceway
    Week 3 - Red Bull Ring Short WET
    Week 4 - Silverstone National

Race Information

8.00pm = Qualifying 15mins
    8.15pm= Race 1 (30mins endurance setting)
    8.45pm = Race 2 reverse grid (30mins endurance setting)

Lobby Information
    Admin Host (PSN rams1de)
    Tyre Wear & Fuel = FAST
    Aids OFF
    ABS Allowed
    Racing line ON
    Slipstream REAL
    Track Edge Grip REAL
    Boost OFF
    Penalty OFF
    Mech Damage OFF

#1 bnic11, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  2. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Can you change rims?
    Anyone feeling like Santa regarding the tuning???

3. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

#3 Jimantonic, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  4. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

If I remember, I went for extreme settings along the same lines as Clay and it was manageable on flat tracks.

I'll check it tomorrow night and post it in the clubman set up thread.

5. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

There's lots of tunes for this Zeb. Jim's posted a link above plus there is this as well :
    http://www.gtarena.com/community/th...th-cup-punto-hgt-abarth-00-test-ejd_ire.2003/

Look down the first post for - Garage Yokomichi Japan Puno'00 Abarth Cup Car Setup
    Tried these setups around Tskuba last night, but found I was faster by softening everything & raising the ride height as the car was bouncing around too much in the tight corners

6. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

I thank you all and about the rims I only mean the type not bigger or anything but still not allowed!

7. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Stupid me, the only place I didnt look for a tune was here.

8. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Took the 'ol Punto out for a rip last night and did some laps round Tsukuba,

I'd love to see Midfield in this series (because its my new fav and the Punto runs well there), the track didn't exist when the tracks were selected for each week, I'm not sure which track can be shoved out if any at all.......

For this event, absolute honesty and integrity is needed from all participants regarding the engine/gearbox spec, this is to try and level out the performance of the cars and hopefully bunch us all up like a swarm of bees!!!

Motorhead_51 and bnic11 like this.
  9. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Yes it would be nice to see Midfield in one of the series. There is only this series & KOTR left this season, so it would be to have an official race round there.
    Rams, as organiser, what do you think ?

I'm sure all members want super close racing & will stick to the engine / gbox regs, but if anyone is unsure, please post up your questions.

Can I remind everyone that if your car does not meet the regs, you will be DQ'd

I think the only question so far is about the wheels - they have factory standard i.e. - totally stock.

#9 bnic11, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  10. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well the series hasn't started yet and I'd imagine any practise will have been on the first one or two tracks.

How about, replacing Silverstone which is open to cutting with Midway?

If anyone objects, we'll stick to the original.

Motorhead_51 and Jimantonic like this.
  11. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Sounds good to me !

12. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

What's the better track, can we have a poll to vote a track off

13. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Looking for a target time chaps, any heads ups? (@Tunascuba)

14. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

There's some times in the original thread, my times, they are usually up to 1.5seconds off the pace lol

15. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Had a bit of a stint with some company from Twiz.
    Personally looking at 1.03.4's as a consistent average before tyre wear starts to play its part, had the odd 03.3/03.2 pop up.
    Great little car to drive, hopefully with this much grip we'll see some nice wheel to wheel action.

16. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'll be checking the car out tonight. Haven't even got one set up yet.

As for tracks to be voted away in favour of Mid-field, I'd say London. I just fear we'll end up with another 'Rome' situation what with barriers on either side and no run-off.

17. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I will be on for a practise Thursday night if anyone wants to join in unless someone wants to race something else.

Fido996 likes this.
  18. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

@Fido996, I second Rome as the swapper for Midfield. Will be on later at some stage also

#18 ejd_eire, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  19. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

London, you mean?

I'm sticking with Silverstone for reason stated.

@bnic11 @Jimantonic @Zebaldus @JamienGem @cokebloke @carlos77744 @Clay.GT1372 @Motorhead_51 @Anthony Bostman

Which track do you vote off to allow Midfield or keep the original line up?

I know it's short notice but I'll give until midnight Thursday and then we'll settle for final line up based on responses submitted.

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  20. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

I would vote London out, mainly because of the extremely tight corners, cutting opportunities on the last few corners of the lap & no pits (pits on the track !)