1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [Nov 12, 2018] Clio cup car racing event (Scenga 77744)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by carlos77744, Nov 12, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Clio cup car racing event
Scenga 77744
Signups: 0
Posted By : carlos77744
Start: Nov 12, 2018 08:00 PM
End: Nov 12, 2018 09:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

For Thursday i plan a test night using the clio220 rs trophy car for simplicity no tuning will be allowed but the car will be full lightened and power set to 213hp racing hards based on the clio cup car series as close as possible.
    [​IMG]

Robabt111 and bnic11 like this.
  2. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Which version are you after? There's a '15 & '16. Both have the same bhp but different weights.

3. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Nice one Carl, great minds think alike as I've been testing most of the N200 Hatchbacks (Clio / Pug / DS3 / Mini)- looking at a series. The Clio is one of the better ones with great handling, and it has brakes (unlike the Cobra)

#3 bnic11, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    cokebloke and Jimantonic like this.
  4. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

The 15 model takes it down to 1049 i Weight yes Bruce tested a few and some handle well some not trying to base it on real clubman racing where there is slight change to power and weight but no gearbox or suspension upgrades in attempt to keep basic tuning in a series the clio being the best n200 surprised the mini was not good until tuned.

5. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

NOTE this was in the calander for this Thursday 15th some reason tge date changed

6. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Are you room hosting Carl or do you want me to

7. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yes you can host Nigel thanks i will post the tracks

8. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

OK so a slight tweak for tomorrow nights test event
    Car clio220 trophy 15
    225hp
    Weight 1049
    No tuning
    Tracks to be used Autodrome lago maggiore east 2
    And suzuka full track time allows

20 mins practice followed by 8 lap racing
    I recommend brake biast to the rear
    A good solid racer standard
    See you in track

cokebloke likes this.
  9. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Heads up there is a gt sport update tonight taking 15mins to install

10. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just going through the process now

11. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Brilliant fun last night and good choice of cars thanks Carl particularly enjoyed the Megane so look forward to a series with either of those cars

Zebaldus likes this.
  12. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

So last nights test we started with the clio my thoughts are it is close racing but fairly dull needs more umph one problem in sport is non tuned cars have dull feel to them gears are slow to change and the front dives .
    So for my next car i will move on to the gt 86 with some power upgrade and tuned this will be close to the BMW
    As far as championship are concerned we have had some excellent series this year and next year maybe we can pick 3 of these to run as a yearly series
    My picks are the bmw the gr4 and the mazda sorry nigel the cobra dont make the cut.

PAPPACLART and cokebloke like this.
  13. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

My picks are the bmw the gr4 and the mazda sorry nigel the cobra dont make the cut.[/QUOTE]

No probs Carl :)

PAPPACLART likes this.
  14. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Been messing around with some of the N200s. With BOP on they are all still all over the place performance wise. Your right Carl in that they need some power increases and weight reduction to liven them up a bit. Setup a few cars to the good old Clubman class B, with 266bhp max / 1100kg min. With just a gearbox tweak this could certainly be the way forward. Will post up some test times shortly.

P.S. I was racing in a GTSport Group 4 race today and found that 5 former GBRC members have posted quali times. Guys like Oldnail, C7, Zolon, Muttz etc. So people are still playing but why aren't they racing with us.

cokebloke likes this.
  15. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice work Bruce, reference ex members why don't we just ask them why they are not racing with us, I can try and ask diplomatically if you want let me know please, if they don't want to race with us they won't mind saying why if they have any respect for the club or us, if they don't reply well that's says something in my book.

16. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Yes Nigel, not sure if its people having no time to commit on a regular basis, or is it Sunday nights are a problem. Might be good to keep a note of who is still active and have a reunion race night, contacting all former members and see who turns up or replys.

carlos77744, Zebaldus and cokebloke like this.
  17. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

ok Bruce do you want me to contact the members you mention and invite them to race with us on a Thursday or would they be interested in a series in the new year.

18. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

We had 5 in the room Thursday Thursday nights need to be open lobby and Jason hosts or Nigel can open the the router up last time Jason hosted we had a full room without doing this we have no chance of topping the numbers up
    Example is i have done a few open lobby last week and found only 1decent one clean decent racing and guess what it was full the host ran it much like we did kicked the muppets who did not listen

What about setting a open lobby 4week Thursday event with a heading GBRC clean or kick
    4weeks and see what we get fishing

Zebaldus, cokebloke and bnic11 like this.
  19. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Good call Carl I don't mind opening up my router catchment net or I don't mind if Jason holds it.

20. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Robabt111, Lunchbox and cokebloke like this.