1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Nov 30, 2014] Q2 GBRC King of the Ring (scenga77744)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q2 GBRC King of the Ring
scenga77744
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Nov 30, 2014 08:00 PM
End: Nov 30, 2014 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

[​IMG]
    King of the Ring
    PLEASE NOTE : Race Admin are present at all official events so please keep it as clean as possible when racing with other members

The ever popular KOTR returns for the final series of the season, but in a shorter 3 week format. Again members will be faced with the challenge of the Green Hell over 3 laps, with one compulsory pitstop required. The cars will be long time favourites of GBRC, all one make Touring Cars / Racing Cars for super close racing action on the toughest track in the world.

Signup
    Unlike on our old site, signup for events is handled a little differently. You will need to signup for the Championship as either a "Yes" or a "Wildcard". Please make sure you signup correctly to ensure you have a place. Failing to do so may mean that you can not take part in the event. If you are confused please post up for clarification.

Guidelines
    [​IMG]

Car Information
    Week 1 VW Golf GTI Touring Car 434PP / 227bhp / 980kg / Race Hards /
    power limiter within 90-100%

Week 2 Nissan Silvia Spec R Aero Touring Car 514PP / 372bhp / 1000kg / Race Hards /
    power limiter within 90-100% NOTE : Oil Change required

Week 3 Acura NSX Race Car '91 523PP / 392hp / 1045 kg / Race Hards /
    power limiter within 90-100% NOTE : Oil Change required

Track Information
    Nurburgring 24hrs
    9th Nov / 16th Nov / 23rd Nov

Race Information
    8.00pm Qualifying Starts
    8.30pm Race 1 min 3laps with 1 compulsory pitstop
    9.00pm ish Race 2 min 3laps with 1 compulsory pitstop with reverse grid

Lobby Information
    -Admin Host Scenga77744 (PSN ID Scenga77744 )
    Tyre Wear & Fuel = FAST
    Aids OFF
    ABS Allowed
    Racing line ON
    Slipstream REAL
    Track Edge Grip REAL
    Boost OFF
    Penalty OFF
    Mech Damage OFF

POINTS ALLOCATION
    Pole + 3 Pts
    Fastest Lap + 3pts

1st = 25, 2nd = 22, 3rd = 19, 4th = 16, 5th = 15, 6th = 14, 7th = 13, 8th = 12, 9th = 11,
    10th = 10, 11th = 9, 12th = 8, 13th = 7, 14th = 6​

#1 bnic11, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  2. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

UPDATE

Event to now run from 9th Nov to 23rd Nov

Opening post updated.

3. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Looking forward to this event :D

4. carya

Club GBRC

Next season, how about 'Rey de la Sierra' instead…?

…or Reina…? ;)

5. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Does this event require an oil change or is it optional ?

6. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Up to you silver the pp must be as required on the night

7. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Cant find any good tunes for this 3 cars, anybody willing to share?

8. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'm hoping to get on PS3 on Tuesday to make a set up for the Golf. Will post it when done.

Zebaldus likes this.
  9. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Are additional parts allowed i.e. the LSD on the Golf?

Cheers.

10. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

I'm assuming everything is allowed (apart from nitro), so long as its within 434PP & in the 90-100% power limiter range.

11. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

If its a 1 make series, why don't you just have it 100% power with an oil change and have done with it?

I don't know why there's this obsession with the 90%-100% power limiter bollocks tbh

SILVERLINE likes this.
  12. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Nuts, the reason why we use 90-100% limiter is explained in the Car Classes.

What has happened in the past is that, for example, while the regs might say 434pp, people will add turbos, stage 2 or 3 tuning & then turn the power limiter down to something like 50% to achive the required PP. This give a totally un-realistic power & torque curve + a massive advantage over a 'standard' or mildly tuned engine.

I think all of us who have looked at the Golf know that you can either just add a Low RPM turbo OR change oil & add Stage 1 tuning - both give very, very similar power / torque

Its Carl's event & his decision, but I would suggest we should maybe have a PP limit AND a BHP limit for the room

13. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Fido996 likes this.
  14. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Random lap posting in the KOTR thread.

Porsche 956 - fastest lap with a camera at that time.

15. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Having the field as one make will be interesting and be close at least. Should be an epic battle.

16. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Had a quick go last night, and Jeez, a lap feels long in the Golf. Had to mentally keep stopping myself from turning in too early every time for the corners. After being used to the faster type of car for the past few weeks, with the Golf, I was having trouble early on and was starting to turn the steering wheel as if I had been driving a faster car and was having to straighten up , then turn again to make the corner.

I have to say though, I'm really liking the Golf. Really snappy handling, but if you hit some of the taller kerbs with it, it does feel as though it's going to tip over.

ejd_eire likes this.
  17. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Yeah Steve, I love the slower cars around the ring, its all about good lines & keeping the momentum up.

Should provide very close racing, something that I have missed most of this season due to the mixed cars not being totally equal.

Fido996 and ejd_eire like this.
  18. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

I've posted a set up in the Clubman Set Ups thread http://www.gtarena.com/community/threads/gt6-gbrc-clubman-set-ups.1647/page-5#post-22618

After fiddling around for quite a while the car isn't far off stock, I think the racing tyres overpower most settings.

I might have a better transmission setting but I need to clock up some timed laps as my opinion is just based on the other settings feeling like it pulls a bit better. The one posted is pretty quick to launch, tops out at 140 mph turning into Schwedenkreuz and reaches 135mph going under the bridge at the end of the long straight.

Fido996 and bnic11 like this.
  19. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

PLEASE NOTE : Car Information on OP updated

Week 1 = VW Golf GTI Touring Car 434PP / 227bhp / 980kg / Race Hards / power limiter within 90-100%
    Room will now be setup with above PP/bhp/kg

Fido996 likes this.
  20. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thx for now =) testing tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.