1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Nov 9, 2014] Q2 GBRC - Le Mans Legends (Fido996)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q2 GBRC - Le Mans Legends
Fido996
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Nov 9, 2014 07:00 PM
End: Nov 9, 2014 09:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

[​IMG]
    Le Mans Legends
    PLEASE NOTE : Race Admin are present at all official events so please keep it as clean as possible when racing with other members

This is a 3 weeks series on the infamous Circuit de la Sarthe 2013 track. The first round starts off with the more managable Clubman Class A cars, then onto round two with the GT3s & finally the mighty LMP Peugeots. The races are 1hr in length, so tyre & fuel strategy is vital, with two or three stops expected as well as having two compulsory tyre compounds to use. Its more than likely the winner may not be known until the last lap !

Signup
    Unlike on our old site, signup for events is handled a little differently. You will need to signup for the Championship as either a "Yes" or a "Wildcard". Please make sure you signup correctly to ensure you have a place. Failing to do so may mean that you can not take part in the event. If you are confused please post up for clarification.

Guidelines
    [​IMG]

Car Information
    Week 1 = Class A - 404bhp / 1250kg / Sports Softs - no tyre compound change / power limiter within 90-100%

Week 2 = GT3 Cars - 580bhp / 1350kg / Race Mediums & Race Hards / power limiter within 90-100%
    Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 Base model
    Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3 (550bhp / 1350kg) revised
    Nissan GT-R Nismo GT-3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
    Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 15th Anniversary Edition
    BMW Z4 GT-3

Week 3 = LMP Class Cars
    700bhp / 950kg / Race Mediums & Race Hards / power limiter within 90-100%
    Peugeot 908 FAP HDi - Team Peugeot Total '10
    Peugeot 908 FAP HDi - Team Oreca Matmut '10
    Peugeot 908 FAP HDi - Base Model '10

Track Information
    19th Oct Week 1 - Circuit de la Sarthe 2013
    26th Oct Week 2 - Circuit de la Sarthe 2013
    2nd Nov Week 3 - Circuit de la Sarthe 2013

Race Information
    8.00pm Qualifying Starts
    8.30pm Race 60min Feature Race (1 compulsory tyre compound pitstop except Class A)

Lobby Information
    - Host Fido996 (PSN ID Fido996)
    Tyre Wear & Fuel = FAST
    Aids OFF
    ABS Allowed
    Racing line ON
    Slipstream REAL
    Track Edge Grip REAL
    Boost OFF
    Penalty OFF
    Mech Damage OFF

POINTS ALLOCATION
    Pole + 3 Pts
    Fastest Lap + 3pts

1st = 25, 2nd = 22, 3rd = 19, 4th = 16, 5th = 15, 6th = 14, 7th = 13, 8th = 12, 9th = 11,
    10th = 10, 11th = 9, 12th = 8, 13th = 7, 14th = 6​

#1 bnic11, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  2. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I may have to miss the 1st race (12th)

3. carya

Club GBRC

This sounds great, I'll have to decide nearer the time though.

Can't stop giggling at the choice for week 3: FAP, FAP or FAP...

ejd_eire likes this.
  4. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Yeah, the LMPs are wildly different at the same spec, so a one make Pug FAP was the only way to do it.

PAPPACLART likes this.
  5. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Should be ok for these, but will have to clarify closer to the time.

6. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sign me up please Admin.
    I will post up a qualifier time by the deadline..........I promise lol :p

7. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

UPDATE ;

Event will now run from 19th Oct to 2nd Nov

Opening post amended.

Fido996 likes this.
  8. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'm sorry fellas, I need to ask a huge favour. Could someone possibly host the first event for me please? The wife must've been talking to Nigel ( ;) ) because she's gone and booked a break away in the sun for a week.

Sorry to be a pain and have to do this. I'm truly gutted to be missing the first event, especially as I've been looking forward to the A Class race.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

9. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

I dont think my connection will let me host reliably enough with a lobby of 6 or more.

Maybe have a look at the Zonda C12 for Class A, its early days in my shakedown but this thing is very very fast compared to anything else ive tested.

10. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

I don't mind hosting the first one Steve. Class A should be interesting as top speed will be the key.

Clay.GT1372 and Fido996 like this.
  11. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks for that Bruce, much appreciated.

From what I can remember from when I first looked at this the speeds are fairly quick, but the braking point is soooo far away from the corners in this class. It caught me out to start with. Just glad we don't have repair bills in GT6!

12. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

I can host as well. I think for the first race I will go with my favorite not the one that will win. The turns wont really matter as a whole getting a good exit for the straights will be the key. The GT3 I already have one since the GTR is rubbish and the bmw at that weight will be a handful. The 908 I will have to wipe off the dust and do a proper run with since I haven't driven it post update

13. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

I agree Clay, definitely worth a look before it gets too close to the event.

My A Class testing has been done at Trial Mountain for the most part where the two MR cars are well ahead of everything else. The Zonda was a tricky drive prior to 1.09 update but is as easy to drive as the FRs now, so it doesn't even require any special set up to be fast.

The Esprit Sport runs it very close at TM but is a bit of handful, could be different at La Sarthe though. I ran an acceleration and straight line speed test on Route X and the Esprit comfortably beat the Zonda off the line and kept pulling away to the 1700m mark. The BMWs and Imprezza were possibly close enough to the Zonda to catch the tow but not convinced they'll have the corner exit speed to get close enough on a circuit.

#13 rams1de, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  14. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Iirc the evora and nsx are the only a class cars that are banned correct?

15. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

That's right Roman........plus pink cars, but its Fido's event so its his call !

SILVERLINE and Fido996 like this.
  16. Rooky_Balboa

Club GBRC

Hi Guys,
    Can I be a wildcard for this event?
    I haven't driven this course very much at all, but this is a good excuse to start learning the pesky little bugger (not sure if little is the right word to use there).

17. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Hi Rooky, you must submit a time in the Q2 Qualifier first, before entering any official events
    Here's the link below :
    http://www.gtarena.com/community/threads/gbrc-q2-qualifier-rankings-submission.1808/

18. Rooky_Balboa

Club GBRC

:mad::):)
    Hi Bnic,

Time now submitted :)

19. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I believe they are. As for the pink cars, I'm sure we could come to some ' Bernie ' type of arrangement ;)

20. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Nah I'll be sensible this series. Since I want to win it after all. My signature could use a change. Le Mans Legend sounds nice ;)

Fido996 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.