1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Oct 14, 2018] The assets corsa BMW race car event (scenga77744)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by carlos77744, Sep 8, 2017.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The assets corsa BMW race car event
scenga77744
Signups: 0
Posted By : carlos77744
Start: Oct 14, 2018 08:00 PM
End: Oct 14, 2018 11:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Once again brilliant racing last night all the times were close but as the evening went on I managed to get my times into the 1.35 odd which I was pleased with. As ever Calvin Steve and Bat were quick but race two was the one I enjoyed the most for the last several laps ended up on Steves rear bumper and managed to stay there lap after lap I couldn't gain an inch but Steve couldn't gain an inch either either.
    Race three .......sorry Carl I honestly thought I'd left sufficient room for you and it was a race incedent so sorry mate I could see a red arrow to my right but didn't realise I closed you in and thought it was a racing incident really sorry Carl but I'm NOT apologising for putting that image in your minds I have to gain any little advantage when I can against you lads........next week I might just wear stockings.....:confused:
    Thanks Carl for putting it all together.

#21 cokebloke, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    Jjkingkongjj, Fido996 and Zebaldus like this.
  2. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'm afraid to go near my TV now! :eek:

Jjkingkongjj, Zebaldus and cokebloke like this.
  3. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hope the servers are up and running tonight, down this afternoon.

4. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

After a shaky start with server problems, the nights racing turned out to be awesome.

A tight, twisty circuit where being able to stay on the racing line was definitely quickest way round. Any deviation saw tenths added to your time and the guy behind start to catch you. Overtaking was difficult, probably the best way was to try and force an error. I managed it with Paul in the second race I think it was, he ran into the last corner little hot which allowed me to get to the inside. But wheelsman on the exit meant I had to get off the gas to save a slide and ended up going from 1st to 4th on the start/ finish straight. Everyone was so close in these races, I think it came down to who made the least mistakes per race.

Next Sunday is the complete opposite to this track. Long, wide tarmac in the desert hills, but watch out for a couple of real nasty corners that will suddenly jump out at you.

Looking forward to it!

Cheers for organising and hosting once again Carl, much appreciated. :)

Jjkingkongjj, cokebloke and Zebaldus like this.
  5. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Championship table
    Fido 10+ 8+10 =. 80 fastest lap 1 point
    Coke 7+ 6+ 8=. 62

Scenga 9+ 10+9 68
    Motörhead 13
    Nivlac Tark 5+0+0 58
    Jllkingkong 5+ 5+6 43
    Zebaldus 8+ 9+5 52
    Batittos 6+ 7+7 70

table updated lads another good nights racing with some good drives this track was always going to be frustrating i love this track you have to really study the driver in front and find the weakness and get the over take at the correct place we all seem to be getting close much like gt6 putting the practice in gets you up the times .
    next weeks track is something out of the box and if your on your own at least the scenery will be nice i really have enjoyed doing this on asseta corsa and im tempted to add another event for the run in to gt sport any car ideas ?

Jjkingkongjj, cokebloke and Fido996 like this.
  6. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

How about the Mazda Carl........

Good racing last night I really enjoy the track thanks for organising once again Carl.

Fido996 likes this.
  7. Petosh

Club GBRC

Damn you all were too quick. I had very little feedback from the wheel. I found speed in the fast corners (the last 3) but lost my car almost every time trying to trail brake into the first corners. On top of that my tire temperatures were high, peaking at over 100 °c. As a result i got to practise defensive driving which created some very close racing.
    Thank god the pro pedals will be here tomorow.
    The next and the final round is the most exciting track to drive. You can sense the speed way better as you go through the tunnel that the walls create. Looking forward to try to win one race from the back.:rolleyes:

8. Jjkingkongjj

Club GBRC

Mazda is a good car especially if the circuits are like the one yesterday, Brands Indy (smaller circuits).

9. Petosh

Club GBRC

McLaren or Mazda? Either way they are good practice for upcoming GT Sport series, since these are pure race machines that allow more tuning than the 235i.
    I was struggling to keep the McLaren from spinning during deceleration but that may be because i was running h-shifter settings with paddleshifters. (No autoblip, no autoclutch).

10. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Are we done with this one? Or is it one more race?

11. Petosh

Club GBRC

Let's race tonight.
    I lost My phone last saturday (for whatever reason) and i am connected to Internet via phone so i wasn't able to race the last race...

12. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well this will probably be the last A.C. race for a while with GT Sport on the horizon so my vote would be the Mazda brilliant little car.

Zebaldus and Petosh like this.
  13. Jjkingkongjj

Club GBRC

Mazda at brands indy

14. Petosh

Club GBRC

Missed replays of couple of races, but here are two close battles.

Jjkingkongjj, Zebaldus and cokebloke like this.
  15. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Cool, nice overtake =)

16. mightylieven

Club GBRC

hey guys, i suppose this is on PS4? is there AC PC racing going on here?