1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Oct 19, 2014] Q2 GBRC GT300 Championships (Entries now CLOSED) (bnic11)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q2 GBRC GT300 Championships (Entries now CLOSED)
bnic11
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Oct 19, 2014 08:00 PM
End: Oct 19, 2014 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

[​IMG]
    GT300 Championships
    PLEASE NOTE : Race Admin are present at all official events so please keep it as clean as possible when racing with other members

After a successful try-out in the KOTR, the GT300s are back !.....They are the GT300 base models, so add your race number & paint them in whatever colour you like. This gives you the choice of various drivetrains (RWD / 4WD / MR) to choose from & of course, some cars suit certain tracks more than others. This time the cars will not be the only challenge as a combination of original & real world tracks that are rarely used in GBRC events have been selected, in fact Apricot Hill Reverse has never been used at all for any official race.

Signup
    Unlike on our old site, signup for events is handled a little differently. You will need to signup for the Championship as either a "Yes" or a "Wildcard". Please make sure you signup correctly to ensure you have a place. Failing to do so may mean that you can not take part in the event. If you are confused please post up for clarification.

Guidelines
    [​IMG]

Car Information
    GT300 cars as listed below, 315bhp / 1180kg / Racing Hards / power limiter see cars listed
    Note - all cars have oil change & no engine staging or turbo mods

Lexus IS350 BaseModel 08 (MR) Power limiter 94.7%
    Subaru Impreza GT300BaseModel '08 (4WD) Power limiter 94.8%
    Subaru BRZ GT300BaseModel '12 (FR) Power limiter 87.3%
    Autobacs Garraiya GT300BaseModel 08 (MR) Power limiter 89.9%
    RE Amemiya RX7 GT300BaseModel 06 (FR)
    RX7 now revised to 305bhp / 1180kg / Power limiter 90.8%

Track Information
    7th Sept - Grand Valley REVERSE - 20 laps / 10 laps
    14th Sept - Silverstone GP - 18 laps / 9 laps
    21st Sept - Trial Mountain REVERSE - 26 laps / 13 laps
    28th Sept - Daytona Road - 20 laps / 10 laps
    5th Oct- Apricot Hill REVERSE - 28 laps / 14 laps
    12th Oct - Red Bull Ring - 24 laps / 12 laps

Race Information
    8.00pm = Qualifying Starts
    8.15pm= Race 1 - 40min Feature Race (1 compulsory pitstop)
    9.10ish = Race 2 - 20min Sprint Race (reverse grid)

Lobby Information
    - Admin Host bnic11 (PSN ID bnic11)
    Tyre Wear & Fuel = FAST
    Aids OFF
    ABS Allowed
    Racing line ON
    Slipstream REAL
    Track Edge Grip REAL
    Boost OFF
    Penalty OFF
    Mech Damage OFF

POINTS ALLOCATION
    Pole + 3 Pts
    Fastest Lap + 3pts

1st = 25, 2nd = 22, 3rd = 19, 4th = 16, 5th = 15, 6th = 14, 7th = 13, 8th = 12, 9th = 11,
    10th = 10, 11th = 9, 12th = 8, 13th = 7, 14th = 6​

#1 bnic11, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  2. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Wow, looking forward to this already.
    Already got an eye on which of the cars I'd like to use, but I'll wait a while and see how popular it is and use something else to even up the field if needs be.

Track list looks good too, Daytona I find a little daunting, never enjoyed it really but now I have an excuse to get to know it a little better.

3. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Cheers Jim, you may find Apricot Hill REV is tricky to learn. There's one blind crest which caught me out lots when testing.

Going to run some Casual 'shakedown' races so we can all learn the tracks before the series starts.

4. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

i'm free tonight if anyone is about for some testing.
    anything to keep me away from the qualifier!!

5. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Should make all races

6. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

nice one bruce confused about the sighing up but ill get the hang off it so once we pick a car thats it should be some intense testing going down for this event

7. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Yeah, just read it properly, so am I. (Ryan added it ;))
    Just going to edit it now.....

8. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Not sure if its me or there is one GT300 car missing :confused:

9. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Think its you Roman, thats all the GT300 Base Models, although if you feel like bringing another car into the series, then why not try your favourite Alfa Mito ;)

RacingRoman23R likes this.
  10. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Pre championship fav Jim the vettel tonic

Jimantonic likes this.
  11. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'm sure you meant that as a compliment Carl, but the Vettel link hurts a bit ;)

12. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

In for a penny.......

Signing up.

P.S. I hope the reverse-reverse grid/races work out ok lol :eek::D i.e less laps for the quicker peeps to progress through the field - should make for a very tight points leaderboard (in theory).

13. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

After seeing clay go last night. I'm going to have to give him the nod on this one. He has his gt300 set up and no one could touch him! The only car I stand a chance in is the wedsport Celica 03' but it's not allowed in this round :oops:

14. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Sorry, been away this week, so catching up on posts now..........

It has always happened with mixed make racing over many seasons, someone picks a good car that suits their driving style & finds a good setup etc.
    (remember Daan in his VW Golf in class B which was virtually untouchable in his hands & the Apex MR-S in GT300 etc, etc)

I'm not going to ban any GT300 base model cars for this series, as in extensive testing on all the tracks shows that all are evenly matched with the new (last update) default setup. Some cars suit certain tracks more than others.

If it is clearly obvious that a certain make of car (not a certain driver) is running away with the races, then a power restriction may be added to that make of car.

Cheers, Bruce

15. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Oh.....let's just say the rx-7 was the popular choice........and faster :) I wanted to use the impreza but it use doesn't have the grunt like the others. Nice security blanket tho ;)

16. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

to be fair the rx7 was the popular car in the last gt300 but other cars can touch it if set up

17. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

I can't make the first race because ...wait for it ....drum roll .........I'm going on Holiday :)
    But the rest I can do so what do I choose wild card or a no ? :)

Cheers
    Hi oh Silver :)

18. Niku Driver HC

Club GBRC

Since the other event (the Clubman C one) is already long closed, I'll put my name up for this one, but September is a bit wonky day wise, since halfway through, university starts again, but I'll wait and see. Car? Maybe the BRZ, FR-style race cars have always helped me more than others...

RacingRoman23R likes this.
  19. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Entries now closed on this series = 14no. signups + 1no. wildcard

20. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

I'm in the same boat hence why I signed as a wildcard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.