1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [Oct 28, 2018] GR.4 Race Series (lunchbox147)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by Lunchbox, Sep 11, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
GR.4 Race Series
lunchbox147
Signups: 0
Posted By : Lunchbox
Start: Oct 28, 2018 07:00 PM
End: Oct 28, 2018 09:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

I may be on tonight for some practice if any ones up for it i prefer online

Jimantonic likes this.
  2. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

i will be on Carl, testing with nuts at the moment my super lap is 2:07.408 but avg is mid 8s

Jimantonic likes this.
  3. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Might be able to get on for a bit

Lunchbox likes this.
  4. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Good session last night, not sure where the extra pace came from with everyone getting into the 05's, Nuts must have brought some spare speed with him and shared it out.

5. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yes Jim some decent lap times being put in 05 pace should see a decent mid pack scrap.

Jimantonic and Lunchbox like this.
  6. aldy13

Club GBRC

Will try my best to be there tomorrow in the Porsche if thats ok?

7. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

That would be great aldy more the merrier

cokebloke and Jimantonic like this.
  8. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

As I mention before, away this weekend so will not make Sunday night:(

Jimantonic likes this.
  9. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Shame Bruce would be good to have you there, have a great weekend buddy.

10. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Likewise was good to see you on track Bruce hopefully see you with us soon have a great weekend

11. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ferrari for me tonight please

cokebloke and Lunchbox like this.
  12. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

ok nuts great to have you along :)

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  13. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

numbnuts70, bnic11, Robabt111 and 2 others like this.
  14. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry I left.

Robabt111 likes this.
  15. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Race two.
    Rolling start.
    What.
    A.
    Tit.
    :D

Great fun last night, personally I experienced awesome clean racing and respect when it got bumpy.
    Well done chaps.

16. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

A combination of work and getting carried away with car liveries meant I’d done zero miles before this Sunday. And God, it showed.

I somehow got to the front in race one and then Jim reeled me in. Once he got by it was all I could do to hang on to his tail. Then, a few laps later, I had an opportunity to retake top spot. Jim ran a little wide into the last corner, so I tried to get the drive out but with a very late apex. This resulted in a tank slapper. By time I’d collected my thoughts and had stopped swearing at myself, I was second from last with Paul about a second behind. I ended up gaining one more place before the end of the race.

Second race I knew I had to get by Aldy and Paul as early as possible and try to make a get away. I think I remember seeing 6.5 seconds gap as Nuts made it to second with about half the race gone. He was closing the gap, but not as quickly as I was dreading. So I just kept plugging in. Next thing I knew I could hear his Ferrari and at the end of the penultimate lap made a text book move at the chicane and promptly disappeared off into the sunset.

A couple of stunning fastest laps from Nuts over the night as well and a good win for Jim in the first race.

Also, a shout out to Aldy. I had a real job chasing him down in the first race. Won’t be long before he’s at the other end of the field. :)

17. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Cheers Jason and Nigel for the arranging and hosting and also to everyone that turned up it made for a good fun night .

First race i started well partly due to a very good qualy , i then found myself in an early battle with Jason and after some fun i was not just chasing Jason but holding off Nigel , fortunately he was soon otherwise occupied allowing me to settle into a rhythm and cruise to the finish .

Second race now starting in the 2nd half of the grid was always going to be a different challenge and by lap 3 the scene was set for following Nigel which was made all the more difficult when Jason and then Jim appeared in my rear mirror . Great stuff Nigel i will figure out how to pass you soon enough bud and cheers to Jason and Jim who both demonstrated excellent driving with courtesy and respect .

Well done Jim, Carl, Jason for the podium spots in the first race and to Nuts, Steve, Carl for the second race podium spots , awesome pace Nuts setting fastest laps in both races .

If any of you have the time then check the replays there is some awesome door to door racing as well as some excellent demonstrations of racing etiquette , a big tip of the courtesy hat goes to Steve who after his unfortunate off in the first race took the time to return to track with no disruption or interference to anyone following him in doing so at one point he even drove further off track . A fine example Steve .

All in all it was a great night but i need to stop wearing these shirts that leak all the time .

Finally cheers Jason i am loving my Piranha pic , it has a similar expression to the one that was on my face following slowcoke :D

18. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Choo Choo, All aboard the Coke train!!

19. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

That should make for an interesting race next week!

Cheech & Chong as race commentators?:eek:

20. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Great 1st race for me up against some tough opposition i was looking at keeping 4th and holding onto the shirt tales of the leaders. that is until nut's had an off and i found myself in 3rd all i had to do was keep calm but nut's was gaining fast and i managed to keep it together as the laps run out.

Race 2 was not so good, having a off on a simple part of the track made me frustrated and with dirty tyres i was losing time all round the circuit. Then it was lap after lap of watching Rob struggle to find a way round Nigel. Managed to get round Rob through the chicane but had to quickly yield because the move was taking an unfair advantage. Then all of a sudden Jim pops up to say hello and quickly despatches me into 7th spot. Damn and Blast your cool calm exterior Jim, i needed that extra point.

Great nights racing and another big hats off to Rob fantastic job in qualifying and a superb drive against Nigel you showed some good moments of judgement there mate.

I would just like to state to all drivers
    1. be patient, calm, courteous. were not professional racing drivers and this is just a game the racing is what make it enjoyable not the winning.
    2. Try and be aware of your surroundings at all times if you have messed up, then let that corner go no point in losing time and or places for waiting because you wrecked someone.
    3. if you need the stewards to take a look then personal message me.
    4. the most important one, it takes time to race close and clean and getting to know other drivers is the key. Yes there will always be a few bumps but knowing who you race with helps a lot.
    5. no matter what always wait in a safe place if you knock someone off. Stewards can always check later if it was needed or not.