1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [Oct 28, 2018] GR.4 Race Series (lunchbox147)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by Lunchbox, Sep 11, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
GR.4 Race Series
lunchbox147
Signups: 0
Posted By : Lunchbox
Start: Oct 28, 2018 07:00 PM
End: Oct 28, 2018 09:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

My points have disappeared from Round 1 ? , hang on, so have I, maybe I was dreaming :rolleyes:

2. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

3. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

2 good results for me track time on friday helped.
    The first race was a case of just keep pressure on any one in front traded times with jim to finish within a second.
    The cars seem to separate the feild in order of pace so the second race is a challenge and if you can hit the lead then there is a good chance of winning having sat at the back peaple started to fall by the wayside and ended up behind nuts with 2 seconds gap to make up once nuts gotin his pace i couldn't make up the time and no way of setting the low 106 that seemed to be possible on friday night.
    Well done jim who took the fight to steve and to nuts who chased steve down good wins on a full on concentration track time to move on to Brazil

4. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Not much I can add to what has already been said particularly agree Rob you are showing just how much you've improved since joining the club well done mate you showed good pace, Nuts well quick as ever, thanks for joining Aldy hopefully see you again soon. I would have to name every driver with various compliments as everybody was both skilled and fair so well done gents

Felt uncomfortable in the first race I was having a good battle several times with Mark but because your car was glitching we had a couple of bumps that I couldn't avoid it was guess work when I was trying to get by I was thinking goodness he's going to think what a poor driver I am ( easy Jim) so as I said last night sorry Mark I was trying to overtake with what I thought was a wide berth.

Like Steve overall due to a hectic week I'd had no practise what so ever and it showed.

Race two settled down very quickly to me in fourth with Rob constantly at my heels I knew one minor mistake and that would have been it and thats how it was to the very end, I knew I had no chance of catching or getting third so settled down and classed it as a "training" session it seemed to work for me :rolleyes:

Well done to the podium winners and thanks to everyone for turning up and making it a much fuller track than we have had for a while, look forward to the next track I always enjoy that one

5. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Some quality driving in Race 2

6. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Quick change to the last two rounds.

There is now a Mandatory tyre pit stop in the second race.

7. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Great racing as always last night. Interesting to see the differences between the RWDs & my 4WD Lambo around this track. The Lambo is faster in some places & gains a bit while the RWDs rear ends are twitching, but there are places where the RWDs are quicker & have sharper turn in , while I'm understeering.

8. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

What a epic evening, close racing and hardly no incidents. Its hard to drive close up because every car has a different brakingpoint.
    Was never close to fall a sleep at any point ;)
    Thx all for making it so fun.

9. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Glad you enjoyed it Paul a couple of times we had very close side by side racing and we never touched once....was that skill or luck :p

Zebaldus and Robabt111 like this.
  10. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Great nights racing, battling will lose you a lot of time so i think tactics might come into play here.

Talking of battles great fight with nuts who dragged me round for 10 laps pheeeew.

[​IMG]

Robabt111 likes this.
  11. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Carl Ive just changed my messages to friends only for now

12. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Think I'm going to give tonight a miss chaps, absolutely shattered so I think I'll just give CoD a bash instead, enjoy the racing guys.

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  13. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Robabt111 and Fido996 like this.
  14. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Shame Jim hopefully you can join us next week

Jimantonic and Robabt111 like this.
  15. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

What a great couple of races last night!

Its all so close on the track, every tenth gained is hard fought for. But because everyone is so close at the moment, the slightest mistake means that those gains are lost quite easily. High levels of concentration called for throughout. Not an easy thing to do. Found that one out the hard way in race one. Trying to gap Jason, I over did the gas and got all squirrely, going off track and dropping three places. Jason and Carl were six+ seconds up the road by now. I thought I could catch Paul, but it ended up being real hard work. Come the end of the race I was drained!

Race two I pitted early. I thought that because everyone was so close on the pace being held up would be minimal. Carl had the same idea, but as the pit stops started to be rattled off I was lucky enough to have got a couple of cars between us and got away.

Jason outright pace was breath taking. I got to within a tenth of his fastest lap in the first race, but couldn't get out of the forties in the second.

This series is shaping up to be one of the most closely fought and toughest we've had for a long time. Next week its all up for grabs between three drivers, and whoever wins will have it etched on their brain for a very long time.

( Or at least have the replays to watch over and over again ! :D )

16. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Great racing last night. Many thanks to Jason & Nigel for organizing & hosting.

Race 1 - A few strange opening laps, with Mark's Scooby glitching behind me & giving me a few unintentional taps, I decided to back off & let him past, only to find I lost pace (1m44s) & was being left way behind (I'm sure it was a connection thing). Managed to get past again and then the pace came back again :confused:. Caught up to Nigel & spent the last half of the race having a ding dong battle, with Nige doing some of the best defensive driving I have ever seen. I was trying everything in the book to get past, but to no avail. Must watch the replay.

Race 2 - Got up into second behind Mark, but again a few stutters from the Scooby made me head to the pits for an early stop. Came back out among Jason & Carls battle but could not keep up on the straights. Only mistakes by others allowed me to get back up into 3rd place.

Hopefully Red Bull Ring will suit the 4WDs better, but overall, loving the racing :)

#117 bnic11, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    cokebloke, Fido996, Robabt111 and 2 others like this.
  17. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Cheers Jason and Nigel for your usual hosting and sorting , and cheers to everyone that turned up to make it even more intense but equally adding to the fun .

The first race was looking good as i had qualified 4th and after a decent start was following Carl until i managed to get a run on the outside into the 4th corner but i wasnt able to hold the pace through the corner dropping a place as Paul took advantage , another mistake exiting the last corner cost me another place this time to Nigel , catching him was easier than usual for me but as Bruce has already said it isnt easy passing Nigel , but the battling was fun , another mistake and Bruce and Mark sailed past me , although i had a bump with Mark , after allowing him to retake the place i was still able to make up one place .

The second race with a reverse grid and a pit stop was a different affair , starting 2nd was good but Bruce slipped by easily on the first lap and i settled down following him until he pitted i was then following Mark until he pitted leaving me in front only for two laps as i intended to pit on lap 12 , what a nice surprise when i exit the pits and find i am in 2nd place behind Steve and in front of Jason , i only had to try to hold a one second gap in front of a rapid Jason trying to run away from a just as quick Carl , for 6 laps , what a shame Jason added an extra lap a 17 lap race would have been perfect but it was an 18 lap race and spinning out on the first corner isnt in the plans , wow 2nd to 8th in one corner .

Congrats to Jason, Carl, Steve for the first race podium spots and to Steve, Jason, Bruce for the 2nd race podium , and awesome pace Jason setting fastest laps in both races (the fastest lap in the 2nd race came chasing me)

The points earned from this race dont reflect the slightly chuffed feeling i have about the races , race 1 i had some awesome door to door racing with Nigel and race 2 i made one mistake and it cost me badly , but all in all i am chuffed to be able to be in those positions to make those mistakes , cheers guys .

Two more races at the Red Bull Ring to put it together , once again cheers .

18. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Here is my race report never felt i had the pace as the car never had the pace on the back straight to defend but race one i was pleased to find steve twitching and of he went to have a word with the Marshall about Jason harassing him. I proceeded to then harass jason for 10laps dam he never missed a beat good win jason.
    Second race i made a early pit stop to find bruce splitting me and steve in his lambo tractor took me a couple if laps to get the overtake then catch up with jason and rob ace racing rob i then lost places after going of in the last lap.
    Practice seems to be the key track time gets you up front in this class well done steve jason and rob although i will put in 100effort for red bull the racing so far has been that good.

19. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Well great result for me with a one, two
    The first race was all about keeping cool and consistent. Pressuring Steve may have got him panicked with him binning it i managed to get into first place only to have carl breath down my neck for 18 laps. My mantra was keep calm and carry on, i put the hammer down when it was safe for me to do so and cautious on the dodgy bits. Crossing the line was a great relief after a hard fought contest unlucky Steve.

The second race was a different story full of action and suspense, starting last i had Carl, Steve and Paul to chase down. With both of them pitted early left me battling with Paul which was a bad move on my part as Paul made it hard for me to pass so i pitted on the next lap to try and gain the place by time. This put me in the mix with Steve and Carl all be it some way off so down with the head and bang in them laps. The 3 of us caught up to Bruce which allowed me back up to the gruesome twosome. Steve got past Bruce which opened up a great battle with me Carl and Bruce. Then a battle with mark with Carl still on my heels and a battle with Rob and boy did he have a fantastic drive only to be robbed by me on the last lap turn one. There was no contact and i don't know why rob lost it "gassed it to early, surprised i was so close and took avoiding action?" unlucky Rob you deserved that 2nd place and i feel kind of responsible for you losing ground.

Race two from my perspective

Robabt111, Fido996 and cokebloke like this.