1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [Oct 28, 2018] GR.4 Race Series (lunchbox147)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by Lunchbox, Sep 11, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
GR.4 Race Series
lunchbox147
Signups: 0
Posted By : Lunchbox
Start: Oct 28, 2018 07:00 PM
End: Oct 28, 2018 09:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Jason it was all me lol yes i was a bit surprised you held the bend but not overly i was just trying a bit too much and dropped my foot to quick i guess no worries every day is a school day .

Lunchbox likes this.
  2. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Some great viewing last night fellas, managed to catch a couple of races on FB. Even my mum was watching! She's a huge motorsport fan.

Great job with the Cayman Carl. I struggled to get that to within a second of the BMW around RedBull.

carlos77744 and Lunchbox like this.
  3. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Cheers Steve the red bull is the hardest track for me lap times are not consistent it will be the same for everyone it will be a interesting race Sunday

Fido996 likes this.
  4. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Good racing last night chaps, had a nice battle with Bruce in race 1 with Jason creeping up behind ready to pounce, needed to take avoiding action into turn 1 at some point as I nearly ploughed into the back of Bruce, think I managed to avoid you!
    Tyres turned to ice for the last 6 laps, so went backwards very quickly, could barely keep the NSX on track, then for the last lap and a half the tyres came back to me and I managed to close the gap to Rob and Nige, but too little too late!

Race two and the Nigel train paid off for me, with everyone stuck behind I managed a comfortable gap, if it weren't for overcooking it on turn 2 I would have had a 3 or 4 second lead over Steve after the pits, but he was all over me, shame on the off Steve, you definately had the pace to pass and take the win, but the battle was good fun!

Well done to everyone, especially Carl for the championship (tbc!!)

cokebloke, Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  5. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Yes, I was bracing for the impact !, but you managed to avoid me.....you certainly had some pace in that NSX.
    Huge pressure from Jim, then Jason in Race 1 but managed to sneek on to the podium.

Race 2 was just trying to keep up with Carl & the last quarter of the race had Jason all over the back of me, but my front tyres were cooked & under-steered off on a couple of corners.

Overall, great racing, great fun - shame its had to end as I'm just getting the feel for the Lambo.

Well done to Carl for the Championships & many thanks to Nigel & Jason for organising & hosting.

#125 bnic11, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Robabt111 and Jimantonic like this.
  6. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

7. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ace racing last night used a few nights to practice and boy does the red bull ring need practice there are places that where a certain racing line can gain you half a second.
    The first race consisted of chasing my nemesis fido who had pace but not consistency also had another favourite racer bruce up my chuffer once i had fastest lap i knew steve would try and trump it but it held out
    Second race was interesting with the pit stop i find it hard to evolve the strategy on the go but i ended up the rear of Nigel so forced a pit then it was a case of watching peaple bin it and great pleasure getting the fastest lap on the last lap
    Loved this series well done Jason a great advertising for gbrc .
    Me i seem to spend to much time in the virtual world of racing times are so competitive that little things like mid week practice can be the difference Emotersports are now massive and much like any moter sport practice seems to get you near the front to think GBRC was ahead of the game .
    Cheers and see you all on track.

8. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

That was some great racing last night, thoroughly enjoyed it all. Even after binning it, trying to chase down the car in front became all consuming and I completely lost track of time.

Managed to snatch pole for the first race, so all I had to do then was to break the tow of the car behind to try and edge away. Got that bit done. Eventually! Carl put up a real fight and wouldn't let me get away for a long time. Then, with 2 laps to go and chasing the fastest lap, I over did the gas at the first corner and put it on the grass. By time I'd sorted myself out Carl was within quarter of a second. From then on all I did was eyes forward, I didn't need to know the gap. I could hear his gear shifts. Luckily I held on to the finish. This gave me a vital extra 2 points as a buffer for the next race.

So, started race 2 at the back. Had to try and get by Carl as early as possible. Did this at turn 2. Next, straight into the pits with the plan of coming out onto a clear track. On exiting the pits Rob had just gone round turn 1 but took it wide and so had lost his exit speed. This allowed me to catch and pass him at turn 2. Then I just had to wait and see how everyone else's pit stops shook out. I eventually ended up behind Jim just as he exited the pits. I then took a look at the leader board to see where everyone was. I saw that Carl was 2 places further back. So, my plan then became stay close to Jim and finish ahead or as close as possible to Carl to wrap things up. This lasted for about a lap as I realised that I was catching Jim. Then the racer head took over and I started to up my pace. I caught him and tried to make the pass, but soon realised it wasn't going to be easy so backed off. Then Carl made a place up and I got closer to Jim once again and tried to make another bid for first. We were side by side coming into the double esses with me on the outside carrying a lot of speed. This caused me to run slightly wide onto the gravel. Next was the second left hander and as I tried to turn in, nothing happened. I had dirty tyres from running wide and basically went straight on! Should've just stuck to the plan.

By now everyone was too far up the road to catch. So got my had down and tried to salvage the fastest lap point. I was more gutted about this because in both races my optimum time was showing as 1:37.8xx.

Anyway, thats enough about my races. Huge congratulations to Carl on taking the Series. Was it a podium in every race? Certainly felt like it. Great driving.:)

A big thank you to Jason for putting in all the hard work upfront for this. It really paid off with such close racing and series that went to the very final lap! What more could you ask for?

Huge thanks to Nigel for hosting each week and setting up the lobbies and to everyone that turned up to take part in the racing.

Best series yet I think! Perhaps we should do this again in the New Year, but we all use different cars?

Cheers all and thanks for reading this far! :D

9. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

You mean I can't use the NSX again? What a crying shame that would be... :p

10. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Its always a pleasure to race with you guys and this series has been no exception , but just when i felt i was getting to grips with the car an old friend turned up and my energy levels still haven't recovered , however it has still been awesome with some of my best close racing throughout the series .
    Race one was fun after i bumped Bruce then waited for him to recover i found i had lost places to Jim, Jason and Nigel , no worries because the fun part followed until the end of the race . Cheers Nigel it was great fun, it always is .
    Race two oh dear, it was over by the second turn, i caught too much inside kerb and flooring it didnt help, staying out and making a late pit stop kept me interested as everyone pitted earlier and a mistake from Nigel gave a little excitement but he retook the place as i pitted .

A very well earned and deserved series win Carl , your always at the sharp end and your consistency shone through , fantastic pressure from Steve and Jason two more who are regular pace setters.

Great selection Jason the close racing and tight point finish is testament to the work put in whilst testing .
    Excellent hosting as usual Nigel always smooth.

Another joy for me was to race against Bruce and to have a few more races with Jim , more numbers can mean more fun especially when they race as well as you two do .

Cheers everyone and i will be in the same car for the next series :D