1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

[Sep 16, 2018] Civic Challenge (Fido996)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by Fido996, Jul 10, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Civic Challenge
Fido996
Signups: 0
Posted By : Fido996
Start: Sep 16, 2018 08:00 PM
End: Sep 16, 2018 11:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Thought it was about time we gave this beastie an outing, the tuners favourite. The Honda Civic.​

This series will be run a little differently than the others. Qualifying will be for the first race only for 10 minutes only. After that it will be a reverse grid determined by Championship position.

Each race the car will have 40 litres of fuel, so pit stops will be needed. The exception will be the final race which will be a 1 hour one off.

Right, here's the details.

Honda Civic Type R '15 BHP 336 WT 1,200kg

Lobby opens for practice 8pm UK time

Races will start @8:15pm

Races 1 & 2

Blue Moon Bay Speedway Infield A ll

10 minute qualifying
    2 x 24 laps

Dragon Trail Gardens ll

2 x 18 laps

Tokyo Expressway East Inner Loop

2 x 14 laps

Mount Panorama

2 x 13 laps

Circuite de La Sarthe ( no chicanes )

1 hour

Tuning allowed
    Driving aids ABS only
    R/H tyres
    Tyres x1
    Fuel x2 (starting with 40 litres)

1st 12 pt
    2nd 10 pt
    3rd 9 pt
    4th 8pt
    5th 7 pt
    6th 6pt
    7th 5pt
    8th 4pt
    9th 3pt
    10th 2pt

Fastest lap in each race 2 pt.

There's also the option for Jason to run with the No.1 plate as he won the BMW Evo series.

Final Standings:

Fido996 109
    Scenga77744 97
    Robabt111 73
    Cokebloke 73
    Lunchbox147 72
    Motor_Head51 32
    Callumjspencer 12
    Holster1 8
    Zebaldus 6
    Macca1022 5
    mk1dub22 3

Attached Files:

#1 Fido996, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  2. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Good work Steve looking forward to this, the civic is a great car to drive. couple of questions is it race hard tires and is tuning allowed?

3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Like the different approach Steve let me know if you would like me to host the room I'm happy to if it helps

Robabt111 likes this.
  4. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

I think race medium tires are need for this car and the bhp what do you guys think?

5. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Not driven the car Jason so cant really judge but would think being FWD mediums might help grip coming out of corners is that what your thinking. but its Steves baby.

6. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

You can control the exit with the throttle its more of the entry.

7. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Wanted to keep the race hards as I felt the greater braking distance needed may make for some more passing opportunities.

O.P. updated.

Thanks for your help Jason.:)

Motorhead_51, Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  8. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Looks great Steve!

Civic at Le Mans looks fun. Total draft fest. 3 wide down straight, 8 lead changes from corner to corner.

Can’t wait!

Fido996, Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  9. Macca1418

Club GBRC

Hey guys! my name is Craig! i am new here! and im quite interested in this event! how do i go about looking to sign up? thanks

10. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Hi Craig and welcome to GBRC, looks like you have signed in so all is good. There is a practice night on Thursday from 8 till 10 pm make sure you have cokebloke added to your psn friends.

Jimantonic'82 and Robabt111 like this.
  11. Macca1418

Club GBRC

Hi! Thank you for the Welcome!
    I will make sure to get it added tonight (Y) Thank you

12. Are we still doing the qualifier or holding back on that until we have full seasons planned?

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  13. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

To be honest Jim I think there redundant to be honest. I used them back in the day to work out how to split the lobbies up. That's when we had over 20 drivers.

14. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Craig welcome aboard and look forward to seeing you on track.

Send me a friend request and I will pick it up before Thursday,

Thursdays tend to be a test night trying different cars or practise and setting up for Sunday nights that are normally actual organised events. Due to the time of year a few club members are on holiday so won’t be many on line this Thursday or Sunday so will be practising in the Civic, I normally open the room app. 19.30 hrs but what ever happens it’s regular on those two nights, if you have a mic we are on party chat as well..

Always look for a room that will have GBRC in the title ie GBRC Civic test or something like that.

Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  15. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I agree Jason seems pointless at the moment but those days may come back then we can do one just to keep Jim happy:cool:

16. Macca1418

Club GBRC

Hi,

Thank you for the welcome!
    I will send you a friend request when i get home tonight (Y) and that sounds great! thank you, i will try and get on Thursday night and test the Civic, i need to get familiar with the car and i do have a Mic so i will be on

Thank you

17. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Welcome Craig,

Motor_Head51 here, I hail from across the pond so Thursday’s are usually ano show for me. Hopefully see you in lobby soon on Sundays though!

18. Hi Craig, glad you found your way to the forums.
    Just a quick heads up about how we work and what the club is built on.
    (Without pointing you to the rules etc.)
    Basically the club was founded with the intention of creating some mature minded clean racing (god knows why Nigel is still here then...).
    On track pretty all effort is put into avoiding contact with other drivers, we all know that contact will occur and rubbing is racing etc., but minimal contact is prefered and especially contact hard enough to change someone elses balance of their car/driving line.
    If you do happen to hit someone hard enough to push them off track or off line enough to mess up their line/osition etc., we just ask that you hold back and allow them to re-pass you on track as soon as possible.
    Track limits we use are two wheels on track at all times, although in most cases we count rumble strip as track, but it does vary from track to track occasionally.
    Other than that dig in, join in and have fun on track.
    Any questions never hesitate to ask, either on here or in the lobby, everyone here is willing to help.

19. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

You might regret saying that Jim when I grow up :rolleyes:

Well put Jim on the race ethics

20. Macca1418

Club GBRC

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for this! i am glad i have found people that actually want to clean drive!

Playing GT Sport online is great but people just dont respect the no contact and just ram you off the track which is just crap! but i will apologies now for any contact caused :p

Cheers