1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

[Sep 16, 2018] Civic Challenge (Fido996)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by Fido996, Jul 10, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Civic Challenge
Fido996
Signups: 0
Posted By : Fido996
Start: Sep 16, 2018 08:00 PM
End: Sep 16, 2018 11:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yep I do like my Bourbon but rather than the cabinet I have a section in the freezer where I keep my Bourbon and Gin assortment boy oh boy you have to try it the Bourbon comes out slightly thick go on Kevin just give it a go, you guys have such an amazing verity of the drink at a fraction of our prices I just hope I never get stopped at customs but its probably like an American Scottish Whisky enthusiast going to Scotland just so much to choose from.........sorry rambling over....cheers

2. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Jim

Robabt111 and Jimantonic'82 like this.
  3. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ramble on..... I could listen forever:)

Sounds refreshing....... But since the my recent collection of children I have moved most it down out of the “living quarters”. I have quite the taste for a balmy 68* bourbon. I gotta tell ya, the vanilla hints are succulent!!!!!!!

Robabt111 likes this.
  4. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I fully understand you don't want that kind of drink within reach of little fingers, whats the name of that Bourbon Kev sounds like its worth a try, obviously you have loads we cant get here or if we can its silly money but I would look into it.

Motorhead_51 and Robabt111 like this.
  5. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Woodford Reserve, the Kentucky Straight Bourbon has just a little bit of bite on the way down but it’s the most expensive I can swing for at the moment on most days. The flavors are incredible though....

https://www.woodfordreserve.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImeryofn23AIVlqDsCh1YEwyHEAAYASAAEgJHK_D_BwE

cokebloke and Robabt111 like this.
  6. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Here's the grid order for tonights first race.

mk1dub22
    Macca1022
    Holster1
    Callumjspencer
    Lunchbox147
    Cokebloke
    Fido996
    Motor_head51
    Robabt111
    Scenga77744

See you all later chaps. :)

Robabt111, cokebloke and Lunchbox like this.
  7. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks for the link, we have the "standard bottle" in our local supermarket but not the other verities had a bottle a while ago and is one of the nicer ones.
    https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/31763/bookers-noes-bourbon my favourite is Bookers it hovers around 65% volume but is like drinking honey just so smooth and tasty certainly one to try if you get the chance......cheers Kev

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  8. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Steve I will set that up tonight

Robabt111 and Fido996 like this.
  9. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Got on yesterday for an hour but didn't seem to get very far. I ended up with 3 different set ups ( 4 if you include Jim's ). All seemed to do pretty much the same as one another. Still struggling with the torque steer, although cornering is great. It's like it's on rails. Until I go near the gas, then it all goes to pot.

After tonights races I'll get some screen shots of the liveries on display as there were some great ones let week. Carl's especially, a nod of the head to one of my heroes, Wayne Gardner.

Robabt111 likes this.
  10. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Another good nights racing by everyone,

My first race was a funny one started the race and straight away I struggled for grip, just couldn't understand it so thought wonder if its a glitch so pitted for fuel and tyres and straight away got my grip back but by now I had lost a lot of time so just plugged away untill I caught up with Rob and Jason having a battle, luckily I managed to get by them both with a couple of laps left.

Race two everything was good untill I I put in to much fuel in the pitstop which not only extended the time in the pits but think it made me carry to much weight not sure really but this time I count keep Steve or Jason behind me,

Well done to Carl who really has his car sorted coupled with Carls normal left foot braking you will be hard to beat well done Carl.

Well done to the podium winners sorry it didn't work for you Kevin I think once you were delayed on the road home and joined us without the normal pre race practise and settling down process etc it just didn't feel right for you but better luck next time.

Not sure if you where with us Kevin when we decided to hold off the series next Sunday as Steve is away and its a bank holiday over here we will be racing but probably not the Civic.

Thanks again everybody for a great nights entertainment.

#130 cokebloke, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  11. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks for turning up last night gents, much appreciated.

Some hard fought racing last night, Carl was in a class of his own. Fastest lap in both races (1:43.285 and 1:43.315) a second and a win means that his lead at the top is extending. My new Team Fujitsu/Kraken livery didn't work. Must be the matt paint!:D

Next race is completely different a will be a drag fest. Thats for 2 weeks time though and we'll hopefully be back up to strength with driver numbers.

Congratulations to all our podium winners last night, great drives!

12. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry guys.Was a little frazzled after yesterday’s excursion. Just couldn’t get in the right frame of mind soon sitting down.

Was looking forward to yesterday. Track was growing on me and I started to enjoy it. Until next time.

cokebloke and Robabt111 like this.
  13. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Cheers everyone for once again making it such a fun night my own struggles with the track/car combo were eased by mental images of pinata's and a kneeling guy asking for seconds :D

Well done to both Carl and Steve trading top two spots in both races and no surprises in Carl's pace but still impressive . I managed to hold onto the back of Jason for a while in Race one and that was fun i managed to take advantage when he made an error but couldnt match the pace at the front or that of a flying Nigel (some sight in his driving attire)
    Race two i seemed to have even less pace so changed my tyres this time in the pits but they must have been from the same batch , although i maintained a slight gap a few mistakes saw the gap grow .

Certainly a track that tested both car and driver , well done Steve Carl Nigel Jason for the top spots and doubly sorry for Kevin i think you would have pushed Carl , better luck next time .

The next three tracks will be different , smiling already see you all there i would say try to bring a friend but i did once ahem less said etc .;)

Fido996 and cokebloke like this.
  14. I always miss the good stuff!

cokebloke, Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  15. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Cheers Lads loving this car the enjoyment when it gets a lap on the pace is awesome Starting at the back got me into second place and found steve with some serious pace and put to much fuel in so could not catch him.
    Second race I got the fuel OK and managed to pull a 8 second lead.
    Real shame we had a lack of numbers just a game thing gt has lost numbers but a plus is we have a hard core of members who race together and are fairly even.

16. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hey Gents!

We finally got the schedule for fall baseball league and I got to tell you it’s not lookin good.... For my Sunday excursions with you all, that is.... Last year was a “in house” league” so to speak and I thought this year would be the the same. Not the case this year. More of a travel team which means more games all packed on weekends. Like Sundays. LOTS of SUNDAYS:mad: I apologize for the miscalculation and hope you understand that I will absolutely show when I can.........

On another note,

I remember @Fido996 having issues with his wheel. As if it was pausing mid race, going to menu screen and such.... I had the same problem for the past couple of weeks. A REAL nuisance. I took Nigel’s advice and tried grounding it. The closest ground was a hot water line from my boiler. No luck for me on this one. I did some reading and settled on trying the next easiest fix. Nearly Two hours of track time and I haven’t had a problem yet. I have a T300 and it may not work for you ,Steve, but I can’t imagine a look see wouldn’t hurt.

Take the wheel of the base. Tighten the screws 1/4 to 1/2 turn on both the base and the wheel (screws for the connecting plug between the two) and remount the wheel nice and snug.
    E6A37AA2-38DD-4DBE-81F5-80FCDB75F64F.jpeg

Worth a try and easy enough. Of course your wheel may be mounted to the base differently... But from what I understand, there is problems with this connection in most of there models. Hope it helps See you all as soon as possible :D

17. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Kevin family commitments come first (so my wife keeps telling me) you have to do what you have to do just try and join us when you can you know your always welcome.
    Thanks for the wheel tip if not now that could be useful for some of us in the future let alone Steve right now

Motorhead_51 and Robabt111 like this.
  18. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Your wife tells you? She sounds so nice and civilized.......

19. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yes I taught her well :D

20. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

1 race left? Whats a lap time to aim for around Circuit del le Sarthe?