1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

[Sep 16, 2018] Civic Challenge (Fido996)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by Fido996, Jul 10, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Civic Challenge
Fido996
Signups: 0
Posted By : Fido996
Start: Sep 16, 2018 08:00 PM
End: Sep 16, 2018 11:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi ej good to see you on track last night we have Tokyo first though I’ve not tested there yet so can’t give a time

Robabt111 likes this.
  2. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Cheers Kev, I'll give that a look. Nice find.

I did this a few months back but it won't hurt to have another go.

Motorhead_51 and Robabt111 like this.
  3. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Ej, great to see you back.

As Nigel said, we have one of the Tokyo street circuits next week. High speed and slipstream city. I'll be on tonight until 8pm thrashing around so maybe able to help with setting up as well if you're not sorted yet.:)

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  4. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Welcome back Steve was thinking of you on our very wet Saturday hoping it was not so wet for you...anyway welcome back.

Robabt111 and Jimantonic'82 like this.
  5. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Saturday started fine but slowly got worse. We did all we needed to do before the rain had any effect though. Just great to get away in the van for a few days, not too fussed about the weather. :)

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  6. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

hi guys, just one question, is it a rolling start or a grid start?

7. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Grid ej

8. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Morning all! Hope we're looking forward to Sundays race, should be a tense one.

Here's the provisional grid for race 1.

mk1dub22
    Macca1022
    Holster1
    Callumjspencer
    Lunchbox147
    Motor_Head51
    Cokebloke
    Robabt111
    Fido996
    Scenga77744

Any new driver will automatically go to the front.

See you all Sunday @ 7.45pm.

9. Robabt111

Club GBRC

What a difference a week of illness makes , well thats my excuse . The first race i was able to hang to the back of Nigel for most of it but i suddenly hit the fatigue wall early in the second race (then another wall or barrier) however no one was able to match Steve's race pace in both races . Well done Steve taking both wins and to Jason and Carl for filling the podium .

Still a fun night cheers for the organizing and running Steve and Nigel and thanks to everyone for turning up and making it fun .

The extra pace Steve showed on the long straight suggests some tuning needs to be done for the next two races .

Motorhead_51, Fido996 and cokebloke like this.
  10. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I will get to the standings later, trying to find time to fit everything in! Twelve hour shifts aren't helping much.:(

Robabt111, Motorhead_51 and cokebloke like this.
  11. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

No worries Steve, great nights racing thanks for organising this one for us. Two second places is a bonus for me, great pace you had there i had no way of matching you.

Robabt111, Motorhead_51 and cokebloke like this.
  12. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I agree great racing last night it was me that was just not feeling it last night not making excuses but yesterday 2nd Sept was two years since Roke left us and Diane and I had more drink than normal just to give him a toast anyway enough of that looking forward to the next round where I will have to come up with another excuse :p

Good pace though Steve. Jason. and Carl not forgetting Rob who was on my heels most of the time well done lads.

13. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

No problem Nige, got that toast covered!,,,,,,,,,,

14. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Cheers Kev we always toast him with Knob Creek Bourbon his favourite now there's a good excuse :)

15. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Standings now updated.
    A few positional changes after last Sunday’s racing.

I think for myself everything just clicked on the night. The only change was taller gearing.

I’ll be keeping the car the same for the next rounds, just need to find some time for a few laps!

16. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Enjoyed this round its track that I have not raced on a lot but when I do I always think we must use it more often.

Started the race near the front and quickly Rob got by follows by a train consisting of Carl, Steve,and Jadon but stuck at it. Had Rob lurking behind me for a the latter part of the race then I made a mistake with a couple of laps to go then Rob was to close for comfort but managed to finish ahead of him.

A small adjustment in between races made the car better foe me, and managed to stay with the pack Carl and Steve got by and slowly got smaller but I had a few laps of just keeping up with Jason and gradually getting a little closer but Jason had an off, unlucky Jason, allowing me to finish 3rd which I was pleased with as I've struggled with this car and now just thinking I might be getting used to it.

Well done everyone for another good nights racing next week will be a marathon I think I will be on the Red Bull.

#156 cokebloke, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Fido996, Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  17. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Great racing last night could not keep Carl at bay in the first race but a 3rd place is good enough for me.

Binned it in the second race but managed to keep up with Rob. Great battle rob swapping places made the second race worth while.

The gr4 racing was good with some close battles. Mistakes is what makes the difference and I think this will be a good series in the making.

Thanks to all that raced was a fantastic evening as always.

cokebloke and Robabt111 like this.
  18. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Cheers everyone for another great nights racing , on a track that isnt familiar and probably with one of the most technical sections out there thats downhill and off camber this was a challenge .

First race i got off to a flier only to be reeled in by a combination of walls and barriers , it wasnt until lap 4 that i found the rhythm again and managed to avoid walls etc by then i was following Nigel which took me to the finish .

Second race didnt get off the line as well and after Carl and Steve had disapeared into the horizon settled into chasing Nigel and Jason which became just Jason after his slip and after he had been infected with my wall attraction bug i was past him but he shook it off and a great mini battle ensued which saw me finishing just off the podium in 4th .

Well done Steve , Carl, Jason 1st race and Steve, Carl, Nigel 2nd race .

Cheers for the work and effort in setting this up for us Steve and Nigel always a great fun night cheers guys .

Might be worth setting up a commode as a driving chair for next week .

19. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

WHAT !!! You mean it’s only me that already does this ;):p

Jimantonic, Lunchbox and Robabt111 like this.
  20. Robabt111

Club GBRC

I just hope i am not the only one in a damp smelly chair :oops::eek:

cokebloke and Jimantonic like this.