1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

[Sep 16, 2018] Civic Challenge (Fido996)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by Fido996, Jul 10, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Civic Challenge
Fido996
Signups: 0
Posted By : Fido996
Start: Sep 16, 2018 08:00 PM
End: Sep 16, 2018 11:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

To be fair Nige you are probably old enough to get incontinence pads for free on the NHS...

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  2. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Standings updated.

Thank you for last night fellas, enjoyed that!

Carl still has a mathematical chance of taking the Championship, but I have to not score any points. The real battle is for third place, three drivers covered by one point. All to play for.

There was one occasion that had me chuckling away, it was listening to Nigel thinking out loud about how much fuel to put in. In one of the recent updates Nige, Polyphony very kindly took away the need to work all this out. All you need to look for when you fill up is the small white diamond shape just above the gauge. This, in theory, is the amount needed to get to the end of the race. Personally, I go a little way past this just to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps. ;)

#162 Fido996, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Robabt111, Jimantonic and Lunchbox like this.
  3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Glad I gave you a chuckle Steve and thanks for the tip I really didn't know that :p

Robabt111 and Jimantonic like this.
  4. Robabt111

Club GBRC

I noticed that nobody told him that he only needed 9 laps of fuel not 10 :D

Fido996 and cokebloke like this.
  5. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Trouble is in the pits I’m holding my drink in one hand which only leaves the other hand and I then struggle past five.

Fido996, Jimantonic and Robabt111 like this.
  6. Robabt111

Club GBRC

What a tremendous night a very enjoyable drive through some French countryside and a huge laugh with the Mini's .

Cheers for this series Steve its been awesome fun and Sarthe provided a great Finale i feel i would have been closer to Carl and Steve if there had been no incidents of bump drafting , (tut tut how very dare you sir) but seriously its been a great series .

I always enjoy a drive around Sarthe mainly because of the history the venue has and the fact its a real circuit , taking the Civics around it was fun getting to grips with the slipping and sliding coming from the rear in the high speed corners such as the Porsche curves or Indianapolis or even the hairpin at the end of the Moulsin kept most of us awake . After a decent start i was soon closed down by Jason and then Carl and after a little drafting and swapping the two of them slowly drifted off into the distance . Good pace or ? :confused:o_O . I felt bumped :( . I couldnt match either Carl's or Steve's pace so after the pit stops i settled into third place a great result for me .

Well done to Steve for taking the series win and to Carl for pushing him all the way or should that be Jason for pushing Carl :mad::D and have to give a big shout to Paul who completed the most laps of Sarthe whilst asleep at the wheel . All great fun .

Cheers for setting up and running the whole series to Steve and Nigel not forgetting the chat host Jason thanks to everyone for turning up and making each night fun looking forward to the next series and possibly another French Fields excursion .

7. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Good write up Rob even with just 4 of us we seemed to have had the crack well worth missing the crap on Sunday night tv I pushed steve all the way the first 3 tracks suited my style but the last suited steve with steve dominant in fast laps one good factor was the grid placement I will deploy this in any future championship I do
    Well done steve for setting it up it every one seemed to be getting closer race by race.
    And so we move on gr4 good luck to all a note to all the gr4 has been designed with the intention of close no tuning racing so feel free to join as and when you can

Motorhead_51, Fido996 and Robabt111 like this.
  8. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Standings updated.

What can I say? As a series we started well with a decent sized field and it looked to be shaping up well. The two lads from black diamond went well but they were less than complimentary about us on their FB page.

Anyway, series over and there were some close battles. Both during the races and in the standings. A huge shout and tip of the hat to Rob who jumped two places in the final race to nab joint overall third with Nigel. I placed him third in the standings as he finished higher than Nigel in the last race. I used this system throughout the whole series.

Well done to Carl as well for a really solid performance each week, great driving once again.

Thank you all for turning up each week to make a go of this series, much appreciated.

Look forward to seeing you all in the Gr.4 Series.:D

Motorhead_51 and Robabt111 like this.
  9. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great series and thanks for your hard work Steve, I agree with compliment to Rob......Rob your doing well and getting faster as time goes by keep it up mate.

Must admit I was disappointed in myself last night once I lost the pack it became more of a time trial then started to daydream on my own and misjudged my braking kept trying for fastest lap the one lap I may have got it I had to stop for fuel.

Anyway congrats to Steve, Carl and Rob well deserved podium places now looking forward to the GR4 series

Motorhead_51, Fido996 and Robabt111 like this.
  10. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Once again, apologies for that Nigel. Entirely my fault. I stupidly stayed on the brake when I should've let off and run wide to try and avoid contact. It was just a natural reaction to keep on the brakes to slow down.

Robabt111 likes this.
  11. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done Steve.

Great series. Always love a rip in front wheelers! Glad to have made one race at least.

Here is something for you all. Skip to 14.20. Sends chills down my spine!:confused:

Zebaldus, Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  12. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

No problem at all Steve that was just a racing incedent and I wasn't saying it for any other reason than giving a report on my race and I could have done better had I not daydreamed :p

Robabt111 likes this.
  13. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Thank you all so much for your kind words and compliments its the icing on the cake as this has been my best performance in a series . My first win in a race with Kevin chasing me down, (congrats to you and your very tired wife bud) and a third place on the podium for the series .

A second big thank you goes to you all for your help in assisting me to improve with settings, gears, lines and other such tips and not forgetting the people who are always on setting up one room or another for me to join .

Looking forward to the Gr4's even more now if thats possible :D and hopefully a larger grid .

Lunchbox, cokebloke and Fido996 like this.
  14. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Great series and racing Steve thanks for setting this up and organising. Totally messed up my fuel strategy which cost me 3rd place.

cokebloke, Robabt111 and Fido996 like this.