Welcome to GT Arena

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Apr 12, 2015] MARCH CUP -- FINAL - P1/PC & GT3 (gurizzi)

Discussion in 'GT3 Club Official Events' started by gurizzi, Apr 7, 2015.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
MARCH CUP -- FINAL
gurizzi
Signups: 15
Posted By : gurizzi
Start: Apr 12, 2015 11:00 AM
End: Apr 12, 2015 12:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT
The following Races have signed up "No":
  1. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

unofficial --

DC - brr -

Attached Files:

2. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

BOOJI'S RACE REPORT:

What a race today at Silverstone! Probably the most fun and best race I've ever participated in! I managed to get the best finishing place for my class (PC) in the history of the GT3 Club! I must also be the youngest to win in class and get a great finish!

Qualifying:

Qualifying was very calm and smooth, not very much contact or tight squeezes for me. Not much else to say about qualifying, except I was able to qualify 5th place! :)

The Race:

The race was the most exciting, fun, and tough race I have ever participated, even more than Madrid!
    The first lap was wild and crazy, with wrecking and off courses! Although it was just racing, I thought it was very crazy!
    Then I got hit by one of the P1 cars (p4n-sh0) and broke a wheel. Using my plan after Madrid, I did not get fuel, and instead got only tires.
    Then I see p4n (P1 TS030) off course and wreck into the same spot Kimi wrecked at in 2014! Dodged a very close one there!
    So I pitted on lap 2 to fix a broken wheel, p4n had to fix his issues too.
    I encountered p4n again a lap down after his wreck on the first lap. He let me by, but I had to do the same for him.
    After the 30 minute mark I pitted again and for the last time, to get new tires and a full tank of fuel.
    After that I see p4n again at the National pit road parked like he had car trouble again. He was letting everyone by him.
    I then see a spin involving constructr, who had slipped off track. brr went by smoothly.
    Then poor brr disconnected around the 20 minute mark while he was leading. :(
    A bit after that at the Loop corner I see p4n in front of me, and he slips out and I almost had a wreck with him! Luckily I was able to avoid him. :eek::oops:
    Then the big battle I had in this race was with gibbsgto, who was in the Team RJN GTR. We made contact a few times, but not enough to hurt one of us. We battled for a few laps until I finally got passed him at Stowe Corner, which was nice to see.
    Shortly after that battle I see p4n again parked but this time at the start/finish line like he had car trouble yet again!
    I was able to finish 1st in the PC class and finish 3rd overall, a great finish not only for the PC class but also for a youngster like me! Plus I earned P1 access for finishing without a race etiquette violation! :D

Final Conclusions:

The race was awesome, fun, wild, and tough all together! Very fun and exciting all through out the race! Great race to everyone, and great finishes/wins to constructr (P1) & BLADErunner80 (GT3)!

Driver Thoughts:

gibbsgto: Great battle in the race, but next time try to give me a little more room to me as an upper-class leader. ;)
    p4n-sh0: I think you might need to work on you skill a bit after your performance in this race. No offense. :cool:
    RP892012: You did not have the best race today and not the best setup, but proved that you could manage tough conditions (like me) and kept the car as controllable as possible! ;)
    brr383: You did great in today's race, faster than constructr! That disconnection put you down a lot, especially with you being in the lead, but I will still consider you a winner! ;)

Great racing to everyone in the GT3 Club who participated in this event and hope to see everyone in the May Cup! :)

#42 xX-BOOJI-Xx, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    Tijee likes this.
  3. thermite_917

GT3 Club Admin

Thermite's Race Report

Qualifying went better than expected for me. After really struggling in practice because of visibility, I decided to take it easy and make sure I could keep it on track before going for a fast lap. It helped that I was able to follow some guys to get an idea of basically where the track was lol. Started 5th in class after getting my best lap of the weekend.

The start was pretty chaotic but I was able to escape cleanly. Bladerunner didn't get a great launch (I swear I've started behind him more than anyone lol), and that allowed Gappasson to take advantage and make it 3-wide before turn 1. After that I tried to just ride behind some guys through the hairpins and not push it, but I ended up following them right off the track! :eek: But like I said, I was able to escape cleanly and settle in. Eventually, I noticed I was actually catching Franky and Gapp! We ended up having quite a fantastic battle! It probably lasted almost half the race! I tried to stretch my fuel as far as I could since the tires weren't giving up much, and I came in with 32 minutes to go. Filled the tank all the way and stayed on IM tires.

The second stint didn't go as well. It started out ok as the three of us were still together, but I just started making more mistakes than them and fell back (had a couple shortcut penalties and almost spun out a couple times). So I was alone for most of the second half of the race. I also had to pit a second time because I was a little short on fuel, but that didn't affect much. Brought it home 6th in class. I'll take it! Could have been a lot worse!

4. Tijee

GT3 Club

Not the most modest though! :p

xX-BOOJI-Xx likes this.
  5. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

Lol, I'm just excited that I scored a podium in a class lower than P1. :p

Tijee likes this.
  6. Tijee

GT3 Club

Congrats to all the drivers, it wasn't an easy one!

For my part, no major incident but I was slow as hell! I finished last in my class... I still wonder why I did not increase the rear downforce when I knew they'd be raining all the race :(

Also, I've noticed that I achieved my faster lap by 5secs, when I entered the pits! :eek:
    Can someone confirm that? If so, what about pit stops while qualifying? It could be unfair on some tracks like Silverstone!

gurizzi likes this.
  7. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

The big thing that needs to be confirmed is if p4n-sh0's hit in the wall was a planned attempt to take out some of the drivers! :confused:

8. Gappasson

GT3 Club

I pitted during Q, also fastest lap for me, but those laps do NOT count.
    (red lap time) ;)

Tijee likes this.
  9. Tijee

GT3 Club

OK I never pitted in Q I didn't know that, thank you Gap! :)

Gappasson likes this.
  10. thermite_917

GT3 Club Admin

Oh yeah, thank you for recommending the Intermediate tires over the Wets, @Tijee ! I didn't have enough time to test that. It made a big difference!

11. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

Hey @thermite_917 , I think we should talk about p4n-sh0. Something just doesn't seem right and I think he should get punished.

12. Tijee

GT3 Club

If you want to report an incident you must PM gurizzi.

13. Flash_Noddy

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Booji, dude.. Chill.

Tijee likes this.
  14. Constructr

GT3 Club

Constructr's Race Report

Qualy - I managed to string together some pretty good sector times to achieve P2.

Race - I got a good start off the line and managed to hold off brr for several laps. I knew he was just pacing himself and shadowing me, waiting for me to make a mistake or the right opportunity to pass so I just played it calm and tried my best not to make any errors. He tried an overtake at the end of the straight, before Brooklands but I forced him to take the outside line which wasn't ideal. I managed to put down some consistent 2:05's but brr laid down a 2:04 after he made a mistake on the pit straight so I knew he had the pace. I remember seeing that 2:04 come up and thought, "Damn, he's pissed!" :D
    I pitted first right about halfway, then brr pitted on the next lap. He came out about 5 sec. behind.
    Then a few laps later, I caught up to GT3 car at the end of the pit straight. Not really sure what happened, but I gave him room and really wasn't going that fast but I just lost control and had a short spin which allowed brr to get past me and put me 5 sec. behind.
    Told myself, "Just relax, and drive smooth. The sun will be out soon and you can try and catch him then." The weatherman had different ideas!!
    Then the PSN gremlins got brr and his race was over. I saw Gurizzi was 40 sec. behind, and not much of a threat, so I just maintained my pace and went on to claim my maiden Club win. Great racing everybody!!

#54 Constructr, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    gurizzi and Tijee like this.
  15. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

I think I'm overreacting again over p4n-sh0's incident. I'm just pissed off over what he did and I don't want him to get away with what he did. :oops::(

16. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Gappasson and Gregson like this.
  17. Gregson

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

If you wish to file a formal complaint, PM @gurizzi and vocalize it. This thread is not the forum to voice complaints about other racers. Best advice I can give, review your replay and tell gurizzi what time point in the race you are referring to. Then, give him the timestamp and he can go into his replay, change target car to yours or p4n-sh0s and review the incident in question.

Gappasson likes this.
  18. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

Well I've told @gurizzi about this, and I told him which sections and on what lap. He's going to review it today and reply back with what he saw.

19. Gappasson

GT3 Club

I'm sure @gurizzi didn't put this system in place only because he was bored.

As you can see, he's an experienced driver. I didn't see what happened, but this should at least show you to keep it cool. I would think twice before offending a more experienced driver in a public thread ;)

20. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

Ok, well, he does need to learn that what he did was wrong and very unsafe. Now after seeing he was an Experienced driver it might have been just a bad day, but that doesn't make an excuse for him to do something like that. Maybe after that I think he may need just a warning, but you'll have to see what happened once I get the incident video up.