Welcome to GT Arena

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Apr 12, 2015] MARCH CUP -- FINAL - P1/PC & GT3 (gurizzi)

Discussion in 'GT3 Club Official Events' started by gurizzi, Apr 7, 2015.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
MARCH CUP -- FINAL
gurizzi
Signups: 15
Posted By : gurizzi
Start: Apr 12, 2015 11:00 AM
End: Apr 12, 2015 12:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT
The following Races have signed up "No":
  1. Gregson

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

WARNING TO ALL:
    Everyone please refrain from making more comments on this issue until gurizzi has reviewed and made any kind of decision. Further discussion, in any thread, other than a private message to gurizzi himself will result in an official forum warning (not GT3 club specific warning) regardless of party (involved or not) and will be subject to admin review.

Thank you.

xX-BOOJI-Xx and Tijee like this.
  2. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

I figured this was gonna happen if we didn't shut up. :confused: Let's just get away from this topic and talk more about the race. ;)

#62 xX-BOOJI-Xx, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  3. BLADErunner80

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Race Report GT3 Class

Qualifying 3rd* (8th overall)
    Ran a few decent laps but was unable to get under two minutes thirteen, so started behind gibbs and fred.

Race 1st*
    (4th overall)
    My usual Webber like starts continue and a bad drive off the line exacerbated by the wet conditions mean i'm under pressure before turn one, i'm able to defend my position thru the first few turns whilst being very cautious not to pick up any damage, getting alongside Fred i tip-toe around the outside at Loop as a P1 and PC car skate off into the run off area, i manage to stay side by side thru Aintree and take 2nd place down the wellington straight.
    On exit of Luffield the rear steps out on me and i have to lift briefly to regain control which allows Fred a run at me, which means were two wide again heading into Maggotts, i lift early to avoid any contact and give up the racing line, Fred is a little off line the the next few turns so i take a wide line at Becketts so i can get on the power early and i pass back into 2nd at Stowe corner.

gibbs
    is now a few seconds ahead and as the second lap begins i'm hoping to find a steady pace and with tire wear a non issue due to the conditions, fuel saving enough to do a one stop race is my goal. But the whole first stint Fred is right on my tail and any gap i pull out in the turns is quickly reeled back thru slipstream down the straights, often i find myself taking defensive lines into corners to prevent any temptation for a late lunge, although i'm maintaining 2nd place my goal of a one stop race is falling short and i have to pit a few minutes before the 30 min mark.
    Fred pits right behind me so after filling up with fuel, on exiting the pit lane he's right on my tail once more, a lap later gibbs makes his first stop and as he exits the pits the gap which he had been extending the first stint has been closed a lot.

Later that lap going thru the Maggotts Becketts section gibbs runs wide and tries to get control back, as i approach chapel he's slow and sat in the middle of the track struggling for traction, i just about squeeze past but with a slight bump with no damage. But now i want to let gibbs back past so i can try to pass cleanly, but with Fred right behind him i have to choose my moment. At the end of the lap i slow and pull wide at Club and gibbs re-passes back into the lead of the GT3 class and i quickly get back on the throttle to avoid letting Fred pass.

One stop is not going to be possible for me now with the close battles fuel saving has been forgotten, i decide if i'm to get a win i need to do something different than gibbs and Fred and running the rest of the race wheel to wheel isn't going to let me run my fastest laps.
    I decide to pit for a second time just 3 laps after my first stop and fill the tank once more, i re-join in 3rd with around 25 mins left in the race, now fuel saving completely abandoned i can run in clear air setting some of my fastest laps and i hope, closing the gap on the leaders.

With about 10 mins left gibbs makes a second stop and i move back into second, and with around 5 mins remaining Fred also makes a second stop, and i'm now comfortably in 1st, and finish there with a 12 second lead over Fred and gibbs.

Really enjoy the wet races, and with such good competition and skill on display its a pleasure to race with this club, hope i didn't get in the way of any P1 cars, and congrats to constructr.

4. Flash_Noddy

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Race report: I'm sho ronery. I saw Tijee a few times. That was nice.

5. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

Hey @Gregson, if the you issued that official non specific GT3 club forum warning for not refraining from that topic, would it look like this? :D Very stupid question! :p