Welcome to GT Arena

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Apr 26, 2015] May CUP #1 - GT3 (gurizzi)

Discussion in 'GT3 Club Official Events' started by gurizzi, Apr 21, 2015.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
May CUP #1 - GT3
gurizzi
Signups: 14
Posted By : gurizzi
Start: Apr 26, 2015 08:00 AM
End: Apr 26, 2015 09:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT
The following Races have signed up "No":
  1. Gregson

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Hahaha! I've seen that video. Totally incredible driving.

Nuts he has 11 down by the end of the first chicane! :confused:

#21 Gregson, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    Tijee likes this.
  2. Constructr

GT3 Club

Damn. Son has soccer game at 12:30. Gonna have to bail on this race.

gurizzi likes this.
  3. Flash_Noddy

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Down to a 1:46.4 but I think that's my limit.

Gregson likes this.
  4. Gregson

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Nice time! Hoping to better that tomorrow night. Until then, off to happy hour to drown my lack of good lap time sorrows in beer and whiskey.

gurizzi and Flash_Noddy like this.
  5. BLADErunner80

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Lap times will likely be very close from everyone for this one, so a clean consistent race rather than ultimate lap time is key, if somebody is a few tenths faster you'll easily pull that back in slipstream.

gurizzi likes this.
  6. Franky_Smalls

GT3 Club

I agree BLADE... should be interesting.. I'm also around mid 1:46's on a good lap.. mid 1:47's on an average lap and 1:48's on a crap lap.. That first chicane is a bitch..

Will there be a practice room set up today or tonight??? Anyone know??

gurizzi likes this.
  7. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

There will be one today this afternoon. @gurizzi said this yesterday

gurizzi likes this.
  8. Flash_Noddy

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

We all seem the same. Extra interesting

9. Flash_Noddy

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Thing is, when I do a good lap I never know what I did differently to be quicker here lol.

Tijee likes this.
  10. thermite_917

GT3 Club Admin

As you can see on post #1, the May Cup schedule has been released! I like it. Japan/GT500+GT3 race every other week! Should be an interesting month of racing :)

Gregson and Tijee like this.
  11. Fred_dude

GT3 Club

i'm definately looking forward to the GT500 cars as it is my 2nd favourite series of cars to race with

Tijee likes this.
  12. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

FP3 open in about 1hr. -- Plz let me know HERE if u might attend by "like" this post , thnx.

Gregson, Flash_Noddy and Fred_dude like this.
  13. Flash_Noddy

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

How long you think you'll be open for?

14. Gregson

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

I liked the post, but would like to point out that I'll be attending as well as being in that room/online for the rest of the day so people can hop in an out and practice. If Gurizzi needs to leave or something. I'll be on all night as well.

gurizzi likes this.
  15. Gregson

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

FYI, the May cup image is not showing up.

gurizzi likes this.
  16. thermite_917

GT3 Club Admin

Can you see it here?
    May Cup schedule.JPG

Gregson, Tijee and gurizzi like this.
  17. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

18. Fred_dude

GT3 Club

Sorry that I had to leave just 10 min until the race was done, I really didn't expected dinner was ready so early and no I couldn't tell them to wait a bit longer because they're not into that, so i really apoligize for this. Nevertheless, congrats to whoever won the race.

19. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

unofficial

Attached Files:

20. thermite_917

GT3 Club Admin

Anyone have the final points standings from the last Cup? I don't think it was posted.

Thermite's Race Report

Qualifying went really well. I got my fastest lap of the weekend by far. For a minute I thought I was going to start 2nd but I eventually fell back to 5th. Very impressive laps by those guys.

The start was a typical Monza start (in a clean way). Just had to tip-toe through the first lap until the field spread out enough to start racing. I escaped with no damage and ended up in 6th for the start of lap 2. I got around Flash and then closed in on the front group of cars. I noticed gurizzi was falling back and I was able to pass him without much trouble. Gibbs was checking out as I closed on Fred and HEMI. Those two got to racing really hard and I guess they misjudged their speed into turn 1, overshooting the entry! I guess Fred got damage but HEMI didn't. I easily got around Fred, but I couldn't catch HEMI as he set his sights on gibbs. I was able to move into 2nd, however, after gibbs had a slight off in Parabolica. After all that excitement, I came into the pits with about 40 minutes to go. I changed to RH and put in just enough fuel to make it to my next stop. However, my pit crew wasn't at the top of their game! After they were done fueling, I wasn't released! After a few seconds, I decided to pause and unpause. It let me go. Not sure if that fixed it or if it was just a coincidence, but that was a bit of a setback nonetheless.

I came out of the pits as gurizzi was coming down the frontstretch. We had a great battle on those RH! I believe we went side by side through the second chicane, Lesmo, Ascari, and Parabolica within a couple laps! Awesome hard yet clean racing! It went downhill for gurizzi after that, however. As gibbs was exiting the pits, gurizzi completely overshot turn 1 and slammed into the wall! So that took care of that I guess lol. Then I tried to hold off gibbs for a while, but he was able to get around me. As Fred closed in on me after trying to recover after getting that damage, gibbs lost it in Parabolica again. This time he slid completely sideways in the middle of the track :eek: I committed to the low side and barely squeaked by, as did Fred. I was then able to pull back away from Fred as he got to battling with brr383, but then he overshot turn 1 just like gurizzi did, basically ending his day. Soon after that, brr caught me. I assumed he was on RM because I could tell he was on a different strategy. As he got around me, I came in for my final stop with 21 minutes to go. Went back to RM and put in just enough fuel yet again. However, my pit crew botched it again and I had another slow stop.

I came out behind BLADErunner and had a good battle with him. As the pit stops cycled through, I was now in 4th place. We were pretty equal, but once I caught him, he let me by. I later found out it was because he knew he had to pit one more time due to being low on fuel. So then I was back to 3rd and safely brought it home! That was a very fun race!

#40 thermite_917, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    gurizzi, Gregson and BLADErunner80 like this.