Welcome to GT Arena

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Apr 26, 2015] May CUP #1 - GT3 (gurizzi)

Discussion in 'GT3 Club Official Events' started by gurizzi, Apr 21, 2015.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
May CUP #1 - GT3
gurizzi
Signups: 14
Posted By : gurizzi
Start: Apr 26, 2015 08:00 AM
End: Apr 26, 2015 09:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT
The following Races have signed up "No":
  1. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

its in the news section!

thermite_917 likes this.
  2. Tijee

GT3 Club

That was a perfect race for me, meaning no incident at all! Thus it's really frustrating to see that I'm not able to finish better than 10th, even with the cleanest race possible :(

Anyway, congrats to Hemi on his win, he almost overlapped me! ;)

gurizzi likes this.
  3. thermite_917

GT3 Club Admin

"In order to finish first, you must first finish." Don't worry, just keep things clean like today and the good finishes will come :)

gurizzi, BLADErunner80 and Tijee like this.
  4. Gregson

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

I can see it now! Thanks!

thermite_917 likes this.
  5. Gregson

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Gregsahne33's Race Report

Qualifying - 7th (1:47.020)
    Qualifying did not go as well as I hoped it would. I was ~1s off my fastest time of the week, but I can say that I was happy with the placement. Mid pack is perfect to make moves in the first few laps at Monza and that's exactly where I was. Not optimal (since the first corner is always a mess), but manageable.

Race - 4th (best lap: 1:46.3xx)
    First and foremost, what an awesome race!!! The first corner went off without a hitch, only some 100% expected sliding around as we all powered out. Well done all, super clean.

The first 5 laps were eventful with 1 off and 1 time penalty, but 8th place wasn't a bad spot to be in. Great battles with Flash, Gurizzi, Blade, and Fred ensued. In fact, laps 1-8 on replay were probably some of the best racing I've ever been a part of. Blade and I dueled for a few laps and, Flash and Fred battled for laps 5-8 in front of me of those and I watched the battle from 7th. It was great to be involved in, see, and be right behind such wonderfully competitive racing. Gurizzi and I dueled for a few corners after he went off 1 lap coming out of the first chicane. A few love taps and good racing later, I reeled in Fred and Flash when Flash got crossed up coming out of the Roggia (2nd) chicane. I snuck passed with a few love taps and ended up behind Fred and we both pulled away from Flash. Fred proceeded to pull away from me and I settled in for a few more laps just ahead of Flash and hard charging Brr until pit #1.

Here I put on the RHs. I really like the RM, RH, RM tire strategy for most races, but I knew I had a fast car on the straights and from the practices last night so I figured RH would work best for second stint so I could utilize the RMs for the 3rd. Well the RHs weren't as fast for me, nor I for them today. I was passed by Blade and Brr during this second stint, but I tried to keep it consistent and ended up running a few 1:47s on the RHs after about 6 laps on them. Consistency was definitely king today. Another time penalty on lap 7 or 8 on 2nd stint was only other eventful part. Fred also blew an engine (left race) putting me in 4th.

I pitted for the last time on lap 23 and threw the RMs back on and only took 85 on fuel, when the computer recommended me to take 87. I said, "Shut up, you don't know me" and proceeded back out, hoping the fuel would last (I was shifting WAY up in the rev range so I knew I was using a lot). I was passed by Gurizzi and Blade while in the pits and came back out in 6th. I knew at least Gurizzi would need to pit again for at least fuel as I saw him come in very early in the first stint. At this point, there was not much traffic around me and I had what seemed like a 20-30 second gap around me in either direction. Settling in, I ran my best lap of the race an just tried to not wreck it. Gurizzi came in with a few laps left and I passed him sitting 5th behind Blade. Well as luck would have it Blade was also on the pit early strategy and passed him with 2-3 laps to go as he wouldn't have made it on fuel. I was getting concerned about the fuel, hoping that I'd make it and I guess my consumption was good as I had plenty left. I turned the mixture up to full-rich and tried to keep times around 1:47 without giving too much away. Last lap and Blade is coming on STRONG! I see the finish and cross in 4th! Ecstatic about this result and again was such a blast driving with the best racers I've ever raced with. I'm hoping to make a few more this CUP, but unsure with the wedding coming up.

After the race I went out and ran 6 miles. All in all a great day.

Cheers!

#45 Gregson, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  6. Gregson

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

FYI, again the cup poster is not working. It's working in this reply from Therm, but not on the 1st post of this cup race.

7. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Thanks to ALL who participated and finished this GT3 Club Event !

- Great drive, HEMIata !

- Q: I turned a good Q lap and started 3rd! That's a good Q session for me!

- R: Running the R8 '10 model I knew I had to try and manage my tire wear, so entering turn 1 I went for the lead, I almost lost control after the first apex, but luckily held on and was in the lead exiting the chicane! At this point my plan was to try and get wide as I could to hold up the others and maybe that would help my pit strategy. Everything was going to plan for the most part, then! I went off on turn 1 exit around lap 4-5. Flash went by, now Greg and Blade were right behind me when I re-joined the course. Greg attempted a pass under braking and I wasn't able to hold him off so I let him by entering the second chicane, this slowed my exit speed and Blade misjudged the situation and hit my right rear:(o_O:mad::mad:o_O giving me right rear damage (racing incident) np, Blade!;):D. At this point I had to pit right away and get the damage repaired, I put RH tires on and went back out!. From this point on it got event worse!:oops: as you can read in thermite's race report LOL:p:p:p.

- In conclusion, great race and very entertaining! another great CUP event!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

#47 gurizzi, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  8. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

Well, wondering where I was? A severe thunderstorm rolled by this past Friday, and it tripped some wires in the house and fried some phone jacks, and my DSL modem was plugged into one of the phone jacks that got fried. The tech person just left, and everything is now fixed! Btw over this whole mess I got F1 2014, and it is awesome! Whoever wants to play today on there let me know!

gurizzi likes this.
  9. Gregson

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Hey wondering if we're doing transfers and points here or are they in another section? Sorry if this is a double post or has already been answered.

Thanks!

gurizzi likes this.
  10. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Points & Transfers up-date after CUP #2.

Gregson likes this.
  11. Gregson

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

WOOT! Thanks!

gurizzi likes this.