Welcome to GT Arena

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Apr 5, 2015] March CUP #7 - GT3 & GTD (gurizzi)

Discussion in 'GT3 Club Official Events' started by gurizzi, Mar 31, 2015.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
March CUP #7 - GT3 & GTD
gurizzi
Signups: 16
Posted By : gurizzi
Start: Apr 5, 2015 08:00 AM
End: Apr 5, 2015 09:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT
The following Races have signed up "No":
  1. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

- It will be open for a while. cya there!:cool:

Tijee likes this.
  2. Constructr

GT3 Club

Looking forward to it! :D

3. Gregson

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

:rolleyes:LAWLZ

4. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

To: ALL ! -------

- Start working on your patience NOW! or this might be you on Sunday...

("The man on the tape wasn't specific")

thermite_917 and Gregson like this.
  5. Tijee

GT3 Club

No club lobby?

EDIT : I've just read FP3 was tomorrow... :rolleyes:

Not sure I can make it then... :(

#45 Tijee, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    gurizzi likes this.
  6. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

--- FP3 OPEN IN 45min ---

7. I'm gonna be there a little late doin the easter thing with the family today instead of tomorrow

gurizzi likes this.
  8. thermite_917

GT3 Club Admin

Great race practice today! That 25 minute race helped me figure out a fuel/tire strategy, something I've just been winging lately. We'll see if I just throw it out the window or not :D

gurizzi likes this.
  9. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

PSN/Community sign-up:

HEMIata: (GT3)

-----------------------------------------

GT3 Class: FULL
    GTD Class: FULL

10. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

CUP #7 -- 15min. Group Qualifying session

- Group Q procedure;
    • Q session start:
    • first 5min. GT3 Class ONLY
    • Last 10min. ALL class' allowed. (GT3 & GTD)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANY failure to follow/execute these procedure(s) will result in a 1 race suspension & even a ban from the GT3 Club.

Tijee likes this.
  11. Constructr

GT3 Club

Well guy's, looks like I'm out of this race! Sitting in the ER right now. Hey Blade, remember when I said, "gotta go, cya at the race!"? We were on our way to Easter Mass and she slipped on the floor and fell down 2 steps and dislocated her shoulder!

Gurizzi, if I'm not signed up by 11:00 go ahead and give my spot to someone if you like.

Have a good race boys!

#51 Constructr, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  12. Gregson

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

So sory to hear man! Speedy recovery to her.

I, unfortunately, am also out for today's race.

Happy Easter to all and drive safe out there!

13. Constructr

GT3 Club

I'm back in!
    Fortunately, nothing broken/dislocated and we're heading home.

Tijee likes this.
  14. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

I might be running late, but I'm coming now!

15. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

Great racing from the GT3 Club at Circuito de Madrid today! Race report coming in a bit!

Tijee likes this.
  16. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

unofficial --

DC - Flash -- 7th (GTD)

Attached Files:

Tijee likes this.
  17. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

BOOJI'S RACE REPORT:

What a race at Madrid today! After my first full race, I'm staying here! I qualified 7th place and finish an ok 10th place. The race was great! Excitement for me and everyone else! :D
    I must've had the most exciting experience, due to me having thunderstorms in my area! It was all or nothing, with a risk of a possible purposely made DNF, since I don't wanna kill myself racing due to lightning striking my ass! :eek:
    I did see my friend BaBa_minecraft signed up, he didn't even show up! Guess he was doing his silly things. o_O

The Race:

The was was great! The start was very difficult due to the reverse layout's turn 1 & 2 being the last two turns on the normal Madrid!
    Then at lap 3 I messed up at turn 1 & 2, hitting the wall trying to stick to my line, causing me to break a wheel and pit for the first time. :confused:
    I messed up more times, and after my 3rd or 4th pit stop to fix broken stuff, I decided to only get fuel if I needed it. :cool:
    Then there was the horror of being bumped and jammed up to where I might make accidental contact. :oops:
    Poor Flash had an engine failure (disconnection), so that was disappointing. :(
    Near the 3 quarter mark I made another mistake, causing me to pit for the 12th time or so, but that was the last one I made. 4 tires, fix a wheel, and went on ahead and got fuel. ;)
    I wasn't sure if I was gonna run out of fuel, but gladly I had enough to the end. :)
    The biggest horror of this race for me was the fact of doing this while thunderstorms were occurring in my area! I was hoping that I wouldn't have to purposely DNF the race so that I can avoid my ass and my PS3 getting struck by lightning! :eek:
    Luckily I was able to finish the race in 10th place 2 laps down, which was ok. :rolleyes:

After the Race:

So after I crossed the finish line, I was in 9th place, but I noticed that I received a 1 minute 40 seconds penalty, which caused me to finish in 10th place. I did forget to change tire compounds, so that's why I got the penalty.

Conclusion:

Overall it was an awesome race! I didn't eat, drink, or stop for an hour and a half! :D
    I will try to return next week at Silverstone in the ole' Audi R10 Stealth Model, and aim for P1 class eligibility! :)
    Great racing everyone, and hope to see everyone at Silverstone next week! :)

#57 xX-BOOJI-Xx, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    gurizzi and Tijee like this.
  18. thermite_917

GT3 Club Admin

^ You probably got the penalty because you didn't change your tire compound at least once.

I'll be at a relative's house for Easter but I'll try to have my race report up at some point!

gurizzi and Tijee like this.
  19. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

What's that? Changing the type of tire?

20. Tijee

GT3 Club

In every race you have to change tire compound at least once (RH / RM). The only exception usually is when it rains.

Dude, it's explained by gurizzi in one of the first posts of each event, and you can also see it in the race settings... And it's also written on the screen during the race (bottom right) :p

thermite_917 and xX-BOOJI-Xx like this.