1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Apr 5, 2015] Q3 GBRC Honda S2000 Championships (scenga77744)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Dec 30, 2014.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q3 GBRC Honda S2000 Championships
scenga77744
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Apr 5, 2015 09:00 PM
End: Apr 5, 2015 11:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. oldnail

Club GBRC

I am going to have to miss the last round, completely forgot it is Easter weekend and I am away. Sorry Carl. Good luck all!

2. JamienGem

Club GBRC

Could someone please give me a clue as to what sort of time I need to be aiming for at Autumn Ring? I've managed a 1:20.2 a few times?

3. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

1.19-1.19.5 will be fast Jamie but that's track limits at their max.
    You won't be far wrong with 20s in quali/race.

4. JamienGem

Club GBRC

Thanks nuts, 19s should be do-able as I only did 20 mins

5. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

It's only just dawned on me, we've got our derby rivals at home for a 4pm kick off on Sunday. The local plod usually insist on noon or 1pm.

Highly unlikely I'll be back home in time so will make my apologies now.

6. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

LOL I thought it was the last race last time.... hmmm have to do some driving then.

7. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

c ya Sunday

8. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Carl I am rubbish at rooms but I believe my internet is stable and fast, if you want me to open a room and host it, but of coarse I will follow your instructions, I will happily give it a go......I would enable speech so you can communicate with me easier. but I won't be offended if you have other ideas.

9. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Should be OK Nigel I won't be home until 7 45 so open to practice my room will be open , @ 7.45

10. JamienGem

Club GBRC

Sorry won't make it tonight, on my way back from Brands Hatch

11. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi guys, family have taken up shop in my kitchen after dinner and don't look like leaving any soon, would love to tell them to move on and sit down at the PS but alas I couldn't, apologies Carl for not making the last race.

Eoin

12. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Brilliant series Carl thanks for hosting.
    Close racing tonight on a track thats hard to overtake on but great fun. Each race had its own battles either with Carl, Jim, Nuts or Zolon and every race with Zeb :) well done mate.
    That was a tough series need a holiday now........did I mention I'm on hols soon ;)....... Think I'll go now cheers gents

13. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Tonights results race review to follow

Fastest lap not within track limits
    As shown in PIC

Attached Files:

14. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ummm, kerbing is track and 2 wheels are on it, therefore, within track limits.

But hey-ho, it's your series, your decision, no probs. :)

rams1de likes this.
  15. Zolon32

Club GBRC

I must say Carl, I have always understood this to be the case. If it's not, then I've barely ever driven a legal lap, but then again, I'm always miles off the fastest lap time anyway.

Congratulations Nuts (I'm assuming you've won :D) consummate performance as always, and well done to Zeb for his stalwart defending last night. It sure as hell kept the field together, attacking and defending at the same time concentrates the mind somewhat, I discovered that I'd just about bitten through my lip by the end of the night. That's a habit I've got to get out of.

By the way, I got it all wrong about what Nico had under his helmet at the Malaysian GP. I sat with a jonny on my bonce all night, it didn't make me any quicker, and if anything it made me sweat even more!

Cheers, Zo.

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  16. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

I have got in my head that at least part off the car has to be within the white line but its been debated that many times I'm confused in my old age confirmation to come from race admin to be fair its one off the things I hate about running a championship drooling over replays only to find the cars off track limits is pain full so as far as I could see if you take it as all the kerb you may as well race on the grass and cut all the corners ?

17. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Last nights races were as great as I was expecting them to be given that they were at Autumn Ring.

Back to harping on about the difference between standards and the premium, one thing I noticed whilst watching one of the replays was the difference in tyre wear.
    First noticed it in the race where I had a battle with Coke to the end, his car had worn the front tyres significantly more than the rear, where as mine were overall more worn but with a more rearward bias on wear.
    Nothing unusual there, until I looked at all the other cars and they had very similar wear 'ratios' to Coke's.
    Unlikely that everyone had set their car up in exactly the same manner, so I can only suspect that inherently the standards have better traction (thus less rear wear) yet a slightly higher amount of understeer, which is carried through any amount of tuning.
    Either that or my setup upset my car that much that it just decided to drift everywhere and kill the rear tyres quicker...

cokebloke likes this.
  18. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks for putting on this series Carl. (Standings link) ;)

A brilliant car, beautifully balanced and totally tunable - able to go from rock solid and planted, to Lotus Elise (stab you in the back when not looking) levels of psychosis.

Mixed emotions on having such dominance and if anyones interested, will post my tunes up for the '06 and V-spec '03 when I get chance later so you can see how it compares to your tune, essentially the same tune used on all tracks except for gears.

Well done to everyone who took part and it turned out to be another great GBRC event. :cool:

cokebloke and Motorhead_51 like this.
  19. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done Nuts, agree it is a great car and enjoyable series.

20. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Set-ups for '03/ '06 posted here

Motorhead_51 likes this.