1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Feb 11, 2016] GBRC PCars - Formula Rookie Euro Championships (bnic11)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jan 3, 2016.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
GBRC PCars - Formula Rookie Euro Championships
bnic11
Signups: 4
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Feb 11, 2016 08:00 PM
End: Feb 11, 2016 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
The following Races have signed up "Yes": 4
The following Races have signed up "Wildcard":
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thursday 11th is fine with me Bruce

bnic11 likes this.
  2. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Updated.....

Is everyone ok for Thursday 11th Feb for the re-run of the final Rookie round ?
    Bnic
    Fido
    Scenga
    Zeb
    Cokebloke

3. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

I know where but its always to big no matter what I do.?

4. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry I am late, Bruce.... Thursday's are hit and miss, And don't usually know till last moment. Try to be there though.

5. Can't do Thursdays. Catch up a week on Sunday in the new cars

Fido996 likes this.
  6. Thursday is good for me.

bnic11 and Fido996 like this.
  7. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Apologies lads, been so busy have not had time to keep up with the posts.

So looks like we are on for tonight, the top three Championship contenders can race so let see who comes out top. Fido seems the clear favorite, with his super-consistent pace, but because the points system is so close, one bad race could see things change (not that I'm putting pressure on you Steve;)). Zeb has a slim lead for second place over Carl.

8. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

See you on the track =)

9. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

With me, you'll more than likely see me off the track more than on it !

cokebloke and Zebaldus like this.
  10. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

May have worked things out so I can make the race this evening. I hope it works out! Would hate to miss the last event of the rookie championship!

cokebloke, bnic11, Zebaldus and 2 others like this.
  11. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Best of luck tonight chaps.
    No chance I'll be back in time tonight, not even for the second race.
    But I'm tempted to jump on for a bit of anything if anyone is still around.
    (9.30/10.00'ish at a guess)

cokebloke, Motorhead_51 and Fido996 like this.
  12. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

A fantastic nights racing with you gentlemen!

I really enjoyed our outing at Zolder. The Belgian circuit kind of has a little bit of everything. First sector has what seem to be some pretty basic corners. They are tempting corners, though, just begging you to keep your foot down a little longer or a little earlier......it was rather exciting through this sector in both races. Positions gained, positions lost, hearts overjoyed, hearts broken, and on occasion the random nose cone bouncing around the racing surface.

I had my fair share of good luck tonight. A wonderful battle with Nigel in race one left me wondering if the 17 lapper had been unknowingly shortened to a five lapper! Great show Nigel, proud to be a part of it!

Race two started off with me getting cock-eyed in the last chicane early in the race. Was none to pleased with this because it can be rather difficult to make up time in the F5. As luck would have it, it seemed as though everybody got together in turns 2-3. Somehow managed to make through untouched...... Right behind my good buddy Nigel again! I figured if I could make a run for Nigel and make a good race of it, all would be fine. Figured Steve would just catch us and keep on going. Unfortunately, the temptation of sector one got to Nigel where he had a bit of bad luck and I found myself in P1. I had to go for it now and Steve was catching quick. 1:40.8, 1:40.5, 1:40.3, 1:40.1, and I couldn't push any more than that.... Now, I don't wish any bad luck on anybody and don't take it the wrong way Steve...... But the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders when you weren't there anymore. I gave it every thing I had and hope you enjoyed the hunt just as much as I enjoyed the chase!

Thank you gentlemen of GBRC for each and every hard fought battle. It's a blast getting on track every week with you all. Bruce, thank you much for organizing this wonderful series and hanging in there. You do fine work!

Let's hope they fix the problems soon with people getting into the rooms..... It's a horrible way to start your race day as well as the replay issue. I have not had the option to save since week 2 at Hockenhiem. Tonight I finally was able to save the second race only to find that it was corrupted and could not be watched.

#112 Motorhead_51, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  13. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Good write up Kevin

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  14. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry lads had a funeral and got back later than planned so did not make it back in time .

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  15. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Excellent write up Kevin, last night was fun but the highlight for me was the several laps I had duelling with Kevin, must say You were spot on with that car last night and kept a good line and pace consistently lap after lap which led to me making silly little mistakes but boy oh boy was it fun.
    Race two I was handed the lead on a plate after an off by the leaders and felt I could make this work but just ran slightly wide on one corner putting the wheel just very slightly in the kitty litter but it dragged me further in like it was some sort of vacuum cleaner and that was it Kevin took the lead and held on to it until the end, well done again to you.
    Well done to all podium winners and of course Steve for the championship win,....... starting to wonder if Steve is some sort of A.I. the manufacturers have slipped into the program......... and thank you Bruce for all your hard work putting it together, still can't say I got used to the car but it certainly kept me on my toes and was fun.
    Cheers gents

Motorhead_51, Fido996 and Jimantonic like this.
  16. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Strange night, nothing worked and your times.... 1.40???? At my best I was on 43 but mostly 44. If I tryed to go faster or brake later I was off... Should have had a beachbuggy instead. Well well you win some and lose some.
    Thanks again Bruce for a great serie and all your hard work with it.
    Ohh and sorry for the mistake Bruce, thought I passed you at the start but found out the hard way that I didnt. :(
    Cheers to all of you for making GBRC what it is =)

17. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

A big thankyou to everyone who took part in this series.

Congratulations to Fido for the series win, and also Kevin for his excellent win last night.

I'll post full write up & results tonight

18. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great stuff last night, thoroughly enjoyed it. Shame we couldn't manage the numbers we get for a weekend race, but was still a good turn out for mid week.

I started to get a little panicked during qualifying. I tried to put some heat into the tyres early on and ended up losing it big time. Back to the pits, start again. First flying lap was disqualified as I cut the first chicane too much. I tried something different at the last minute and it didn't work. Should've stayed with what I'd been doing all along. Finally settled myself and got a couple of times posted. They weren't my quickest and I just hoped that they'd be enough. Luckily they were.

The start of race one, I got a perfect start. Got away cleanly with enough of a gap which allowed me to take my favoured lines. I pulled away quickly mainly through Nigel and Kevin beating each other up ( cheers lads! ;)). It was a fairly solitary race from then on with a couple of minor mistakes.

Race two was completely different. From memory ( I still can't get in to watch my replay yet!) I got another decent start and picked up a couple of places before the first corner. On the next lap two more span off putting me in second with DrCooper in sight. I started to close and was starting to put him under a little pressure. Third lap is where it all started going wrong. At the second corner there was contact between Dr and myself. Wasn't sure if he was spinning before or after contact so waited. This put me last I think. Over the next few laps I picked of places here and there to eventually get back into second spot. Then the chase down on Kevin began. I think I had about 9 seconds to regain. Can't remember how long it took but I eventually got to with 1.5 seconds or so before pushing too hard and binning it. Not once, but three times in the same lap :mad:. Game over for this race and top honours. From then on I just calmed my self and started to build my pace back up. There was no way Kevin was going to be caught now so I decided to go for the fastest lap.

Now, just lately, I've been using the PCars Dash app. This has a wealth of information at your finger tips. Admittedly it can be difficult to take in during the races but it works really well. I was using this to keep an eye on my lap times. The in game version can be a little confusing at times as it only ever shows the difference between your fastest ever lap for that session or from time trial mode. The app uses the fastest time from your current event. I could see where I was quicker and where I could make time up, and I finally strung a perfect lap together on the last lap and posted a 1:39.6xx.

So, the series as a whole has been great. I was initially dreading it as I'd become used to using this car with a tune that stopped the slow drift and had it much more planted. But after a few runs to work out how to drive this thing the speed started to come back. Much of it I found was to brake early and coast into the apex and exit in a higher gear than you'd expect. This killed any chance of the back coming out on you but still allowed enough acceleration without it bogging down.

I know I say it every week, but, thanks to Bruce for organising and hosting these events. It's all very much appreciated. And thanks also to everyone for turning up to race each week. Without you guys we wouldn't have any of this. It's always one of my highlights of the week.

Cheers, and ( if you've got this far without falling asleep) thanks for reading.

Steve.

19. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks for mentioning the app Steve, where do you get it from and is it on a separate device or on screen. Sorry mate not the sharpest at that type of technology.

20. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Its called pCars Dash. It seems a bit pricey at first but I think it's been well worth it. I have it running on my iPad during the race which is stood up in front of my wheel. Theres various screen where you can monitor tyre and brake temperatures, fuel consumption ( very useful that one ), telemetry, individual and group lap times ( very handy in qualifying ) and a course map with moving icons for other drivers. That part isn't very clear. Overall though it's a very useful app.

Zebaldus likes this.