1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Feb 15, 2015] Q3 GBRC Lotus Elise Championship (Entries now closed) (bnic11)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Dec 30, 2014.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q3 GBRC Lotus Elise Championship (Entries now closed)
bnic11
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Feb 15, 2015 08:00 PM
End: Feb 15, 2015 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. JamienGem

Club GBRC

Really?

2. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Only took one race to win an award! lol

3. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Yes one more to your collection..........anymore appearances in the near future ?, we need to give Numbnuts something to look at in his mirrors ;)

RacingRoman23R and Motorhead_51 like this.
  4. Race Admin

Club GBRC

UPDATE & VERDICT
    Race Admin - Incidents under investigation at Deep Forest

Race 2, Lap 4, Start / Finish straight into turn 1 - Jamie vs Numbnuts - Intentional blocking

Jamiegem will receive a PM Warning

5. Zolon32

Club GBRC

Hi chaps, congrats to Nuts, Carl and Clay, it's been an interesting championship. I'll have to have a word with the sharp talking fella who sold me that paint. He called it 'GT Military 08', which I thought was suitably butch, but now you mention it, it does look a bit like magnolia, damit!

Anyway, with all the talk of using the little buggers for another series some time in the future I felt I had to say my piece (nothing new there). They do make for interesting racing, and being able to wring their necks for 95% of the time is quite fun. However, they have a failing which is, for me, fatal. It is impossible to safely follow someone closely through a tight corner, unless they are going as quickly as you, or quicker. If you are forced to suddenly lift in order not to touch someone when turning hard, then you are going to lose it, and it's a matter of luck as to whether you get it back. It happened to at least Coke and myself in the final race, whereby both of us lost time and places when the damn things swung round simply because we were trying not to run into a slower car. I'm sure other people will have suffered a similar fate during the series.

Someone mentioned earlier (I think) that perhaps the racing version of the Elise 111 '04 could be used. I've had a run with that this afternoon, and for me it's even more tricky that the 96 motor; faster, but as tricky as hell. I'm sure there are other cars which will suffice as a substitute and provide the positive side of the Elise without the random nature of the lift-off oversteer (GSX-R springs to mind) but I don't want to find myself asking the question as to whether I can afford to lift and lose it, when the only other alternative is to tap someone else.

Cheers, Zo.

cokebloke likes this.
  6. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

It's the nature of most MR cars Zo. I usually struggle with the throttle control needed to be competitive with them.

The Cappuccino makes for great, close racing but the tranny spoils it for the lads who drive Auto. But any one make race with an easy to drive car should do the trick.

7. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

... Too easy.

8. Zolon32

Club GBRC

Agreed.

Having said that, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I had a quick blast around D.F. in a stock GSX-R on C/S tyres and it was simply fabulous by comparison with the Elise. The steering feedback has to be felt to be believed, you can juggle the weight around with such precision it's amazing, and I didn't get bitten.

Please, fellas, will someone have a go and post their findings. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm mad, or missing something, I can't understand why no one else raves about it!

C/Heers, Zo.

9. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

I agree 1000% Zolon, the Gixer is an amazing little car that has to be given a shot, maybe because its a concept people shy away from it but as far as bringing thr fun factor this has it by the bucket load.

10. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Always up for a good fun drive, here!