1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event GBRC Q1 BMW Stock Car Challenge

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by mightylieven, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zolon32

Club GBRC

Lieven, am I right in thinking that the tyres available tonight are medium/inter/wet?

Cheers, Zo.

2. mightylieven

Club GBRC

yes you are right Zo!

3. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Really enjoyed the race last night, strategy consisted more of thinking on the move, was contemplating a two stop but thought I'd stay out to see if any rain appeared.
    As it turned out the tyre wee not too bad at lap 15, felt I had another 3 laps left in them but was almost out of fuel.
    Came out about 8.5 seconds behind Calvin and guessed he had been pushing since he lft the pits, deviding to play the long game and took it easy on the tyres and fuel by shifting up at 8000 revs for 4 laps, the gap had grown to 9.5 seconds by now so I thought I'd try a few mind games and close the gap a little to coerse Cal into wearing his tyres, backed off a few laps later for 2 or 3 laps and was still gaining when not pushing so switched it on and pushed like mad, finally catching Cal when his tyres a fallen off! Backed off as soon as I passed Cal thinking I could just cruise until the end but the tyres were absolutely shot and undriveable so needed to pit, it suggested no fuel so I didn't bother only to run out at the last corner!! Saw the gap to Calvin and thought I didn't need to worry, and then the gap disappeared down to 2 seconds

Had a quick glance at the replay and noticed Cal and Lievens fastest laps, WOW!!

Noticed some dicing between Zo, Coke and Steve on the position list during the race, looking forward to reading their race reports!!

4. mightylieven

Club GBRC

well well well. After doing a 1.54.8xx during warming up and being able to stay close to that time for another lap i was quite confident for the race. but then... qualifying i was 2 seconds off that pace and for the whole race I couldn't find the rhythm of the track anymore. boohoo.
    looks like I should have been prepared a little bit more...
    looks like I should have got an idea about race strategy or how the tires and fuel would behave. I managed to squeeze out 15 laps with my first set of tires although ran out of fuel at the chicane. I was more cautious with my second set of tires but still they were gone after 12 laps. I remember doing 2 laps on tire conditions 0 and 1 last week so I thought i could continue but hell no. In 1 lap time I ended in the gravel about 3 times.

great win Jim!
    great second Calvin!
    great spin in the last chicane of the race Zo :).

5. Calvin_P93

Club GBRC

great race last night fellas well done to jim for a super win. i was a small bit nnoyed about getting dc'd in quali but so releived u guys restarted, thanks again lads started from last worked my way up the field, i knew i had too look after my tyres bu the red mist decended and i went hell for leather pulling out a small gap on jim which he reeled in as my rubber hit the wall, pitted on lap 14 start of 15 i knew i had to look after my rubber yet again but i thought if i did 4 fast laps i would be able to get a big enough gap so i woukld be ok for the end, even when jim was 9 seconds off me i knew he would catch up, knew he had better tyres and knew it was going to be a cracking finish. two laps from the end my tyres completely fell off,i knew they would but didint think it was going to be undrivable. Jims super jedi mind powers and games had worked, thought i was in with a shout on the last lap with new rubber and nearly zero fuel i closed on jim to cross the line 2 seconds behind him. Delighted with that race didint think it would go aswell as it did as i knew my tune was a :censored: on tyres and was expecting to pit much sooner.

Ididint get to save the replay, what was the times by myself and lieven jim?
    For whatever reason i found my second set of tyres to be a second or so slower and didint last as long dunno why but it felt alot different to drive after my first stop. strange i thought.

Anywhoo great race by all well done to jim again for his win and thanks to lieven for putting on a great race. roll on the next one. :bump2:

peace :peace:
    Cal

6. mightylieven

Club GBRC

the weekly stats:

Pole Position:
    Mightylieven

Starting Grid:
    Mightylieven
    GBRC_JannerJim
    Zolon32
    Fido996
    GT1372
    Cokebloke
    Calvin_P93

finish:
    1. GBRC_JannerJim
    2. Calvin_P93
    3. Mightylieven
    4. Zolon32
    5. Fido996
    6. Cokebloke
    7. GT1372

fastest laps:
    1. Calvin_P93 1.55.354
    2. Mightylieven 1.55.460
    3. GBRC_JannerJim 1.56.518
    4. Fido996 1.58.071
    5. GT1372 1.58.143
    6. Zolon32 1.58.951
    7. Cokebloke 1.59.500

7. mightylieven

Club GBRC

standings updated.

with 2 more races to go, it's still all to be decided in the overall championship standings. Calvin just jumped over Zolon to 2nd place, only 4 points dividing them. But also to first place it s still doable although I would discourage anyone to give it a try :).

#107 mightylieven, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  8. Zolon32

Club GBRC

Any eager anticipation of my race report is probably going to meet with disappointment Jim I'm afraid. I had a couple of decent sets of tyres in quali and found myself third on the grid, which astonished me nearly as much as the fact that I was right there with the leaders through the stadium section on the first lap.

Then, what's this? My tyres have suddenly turned into Comfort Hards! "Absolutely no amount of throttle will be tolerated until the car is absolutely straight!!!" they screamed at me, and two spins in the first lap later I'm thinking that I'm right out of it.

Then Clay pitted and I picked up a place, and Fido thought he saw an ice cream vendor on the beach and popped off to get a 99, which left me struggling without success to close a sizeable gap to Coke.

Pitted at the end of 15 with significant tyre left and suddenly, I've got racing tyres on again. I can only imagine that Coke's pit men had put my dogs on his car because I was sniffing his rump in no time and having a right laugh, until I noticed that these rubber things were wearing out at a rate commensurate with their superior grip. Dammit!.

So, I backed off a bit and tried to cruise to the end, and when I saw Lieven pitting I thought I was in for a right result, until I noticed the sonofabitch tearing up the track behind me with about half a lap to go. "Take it steady" I told myself, then doughnutted leaving the chicane and the unspeakable bounder didn't have the decency to wait for me to get back straight again. Just drove directly past and over the finish line. Not very British if you ask me.

Cheers, Zo.

9. mightylieven

Club GBRC

sweet Zo, I had a full lap of spinning and getting off track because my tires were gone too... happened to you the final lap, happened to me in lap 28 or something. Did you slow down when i was in the sandbox? Did you try to help me out of it? :). I was third for like the whole race, so why exactly would I have waited for you when you had a nice little pirouette? :)

10. mightylieven

Club GBRC

about next thursdays race, we are nearing the end of the series...

we will do 26 laps on the infamous Bathurst track.
    although rain is not in the mount panorama dictionary, for the tires we will still have the same options as on Brands Hatch GP: choice between 2 compounds: Sports Softs or Full Wets. No others allowed.

11. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Had a quick go on there last night whilst it was still fresh in my mind from Sunday and this car is a big, heavy lump to be throwing around here. But you fast boys should easily break into the 2:16s, possibly 15s.

The car is quick but it will bite hard through the twisty section if you're not careful.

I will be on from about 6.30pm (GMT) for some practice if anyone fancies it later.

#111 Fido996, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  12. mightylieven

Club GBRC

I will be there Fido but only from about 7...

13. Calvin_P93

Club GBRC

should be on too around 7 is for some laps

14. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

this place scares the be-jasus outta me in a tidy little racer never mind a big overweight beast like the M5, i'll join yee later to see just how bad ill be this week.

Before joining here i would have been more inclined to race on grippier tyres, my eyes have been opened since and while its tricky on the DS3 the rewards for stitching a sector together are well wort it.

15. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Loved reading through your race reports, sounds like gladiators doing battle in the amphitheater.

16. Zolon32

Club GBRC

Sorry chaps, but I'm having to sack GT for at least a fortnight, maybe a month. I've injured my back and there's some minor, temporary, nerve damage. I've been really sternly warned against sitting down at all for fear of aggravating it further.

I was soooo enjoying this series too :pout:

See you all later, Zo.

17. mightylieven

Club GBRC

damn Zo! sending you a lot of good vibes. give your back all the rest it needs! You will damn sure be missed for the last two races of the series. Would it be an idea to have someone else finish the championship in your name?

18. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry to hear this Zo sitting is one of the worst things for your back when you have a problem, to much pressure on the spin, they say mild movement is best, although it never feels like it.

Hope you make a good recovery and we see you soon.

19. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Sorry to hear that Zo.......three words of advice ;

Ice / Stretching / Chiropractor (from a fellow long standing back injury sufferer)

20. Drock7899

ALV Club Admin Club GBRC Club ALV

Agreed I too have serious issues and don't forget the drugs they help for a time.
    Prayers go out to you Zo get better soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.