1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event GBRC Q1 BMW Stock Car Challenge

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by mightylieven, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zolon32

Club GBRC

Thanks chaps, I've been to see a Chiropractor and he's made it at least possible for me to hobble around without having to throw myself on the ground every thirty seconds for some relief. He put me onto the ice thing and I'm gobbling drugs like a crack head lottery winner. But no stretching for the moment, he says, until he's got me lined up correctly.

On the subject of a substitute I think that all the regular GTA chaps who want to be involved are already there. However, there's a fella at TAM who I'm neck and neck with in virtually every race. I'm by no means certain that he would stand in for me, but if he would he would be a very close substitute, and it goes without saying he's clean and an absolute gentleman. If everybody is okay with it I'll see if I can get him to turn up, and I'll stand at the back watching the race. Might do that anyway to be honest.

Cheers, Zo.

2. mightylieven

Club GBRC

go ahead Zo, I agree with the TAM guy! Would he be able to make it tonight?

3. Zolon32

Club GBRC

I've sent him a PSN message, and I'll try to contact him through the TAM site. Fingers crossed.

Cheers, Zo.

4. VagueGT

Club GBRC

Should be there tonight gents

5. maktrusa

Club GBRC

Any chance to join the race tonight even though I'm not signed up for this event? Looking for some fun after a long day at work. :)

6. mightylieven

Club GBRC

maktr sure! if you are able to join...

7. Calvin_P93

Club GBRC

woooops just realise the bit of testing i did last night for tonight was in thw wrong car :faint:eek:h well make it all the more exciting.

8. maktrusa

Club GBRC

hehe, good point
    maybe later, then

9. tyrrell_

Club GBRC

Hope you get sorted soon Victor!

I'll be on tonight, as I love Bathurst and love the M5. :) Might I suggest we scrap the qualifying function, and simply qualify in practice mode? That way in case anyone gets booted mid-quali, they can simply rejoin and crack on (hopefully reliably!!).

10. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Might not be able to make it tonight, will update either way as soon as humanly possible.

11. mightylieven

Club GBRC

was that human? those races make me want more and more. the excitement is addictive lol.

sorry vague, i didn't see the guy was still on the track when we started. i told him it was signups only and i thought he was in the lobby but not on track. When we started I could not see him either cuz he was not in the top 8 and i was driving 1st. we did restart but u were gone already. sorry about that!

12. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

What a hard race but great fun. Fido and my self where having a good battle before the first stop. After the restart it was close racing yet again with Fido until I made a mistake. Jim you must be disappointed as you were doing well as you always do, my sound was coming and going which is never good.
    Big apologies Leiven I wasn't sure who was behind me and now realise it was you trying to lap me and I should have moved over, hands up that was my fault sorry again.
    Well done to everybody great night

13. mightylieven

Club GBRC

coke don't worry, i enjoyed it. Trying not to loose my calm. It's so easy to make a mistake on this track so i kept pushing, looking for a way to get past and still controlling. A nice moment that was...

14. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Nigel, this bloody trach has it in for turtle beach users!! Thats about the 6th time it's done it now, from now on I'll be skipping any races there.
    As for my brief race tonight, I literally bought the car before joining the lobby, just had time to paint it, managed to hit the wall at the first corner of my first practice lap and thought 'this does not bode well...', then inly managed half a lap before having to jump into the new room and straight into quali.

Poor old Tyrrell, I was watching him because he was starting to close on someone, and he managed to clip the barrier that juts out at the end of the downhill section, looked like a whiplash claim if I ever saw one!!
    The battle for 2nd made for some nice viewing, nice racing from Cal and Steve (Fido), with Steve showing some great attitude by knowing when to give up instead of getting dragged in by the red mist!

Well done on the win Lieven, over 1 minute infront, great drive. Missed a lot of the race but I'm guessing you managed to keep it out of the walls!

15. mightylieven

Club GBRC

yes Jim, no walls for me. one little slip onto the grass but that was it... really pity your sound issues, although jumping in like that you seemed very quick and able to keep up.

16. tyrrell_

Club GBRC

I really wanted to try and finish, despite being at the back, but pure tiredness and having such a headache that, though juiced up on paracetamol, still made my skull feel pressurised, were taking too great a toll. Taking that big old car up and down that mountain is a genuine pleasure, but my concentration just plummeted. It would appear that my working weekday evenings are a definite no-no…

Well done to all who managed to finish in good time. A big Niki-Lauda-in-'Rush'-style F*ck You to PD for not working fast enough to sort their shit out to allow us to prevent another idiotic race-countdown intruder.

17. mightylieven

Club GBRC

should we all buy forza motorsport or assetto corsa? it's hard to let go tradition but we should consider... or maybe wait for GT7 on PS4 hoping that might be the big jump forward. or wait, they could actually get it better on GT6 but i'm skeptical, very skeptical they will.

18. mightylieven

Club GBRC

the stats.

pole position:
    mightylieven 2'15'918

starting grid:
    mightylieven
    Calvin_P93
    tyrrell_1
    GBRC_JannerJim
    Fido996
    cokebloke
    GT1372
    maktrusa

Finish:
    1. mightylieven
    2. Calvin_P93
    3. Fido996
    4. cokebloke
    5. maktrusa
    6. GT1372
    dnf tyrrell
    dnf GBRC_JannerJim
    dnf Zolon32

fastest laps:
    1. mightylieven 2'15'666 (I did a 2'15'3xx in the few laps we did with the intruder ruining the race)
    2. Calvin_P93 2'16'168
    3. Fido 996 2'17'226
    4. tyrrell_1 2'17'637
    5. GT1372 2'17'753
    6. cokebloke 2'18'950
    7. maktrusa 2'24'318

championship standings are updated

19. mightylieven

Club GBRC

first time in my GBRC career i took home pole, fastest lap and the win :).

20. Zolon32

Club GBRC

I honestly think that we are an extremely long way from GT7 coming out, and even when it does what chance is there that the online experience is going to be at all satisfactory? If they were capable of even beginning to understand what is required they would surely have delivered something much better than the dross we're stuck with in GT6.

I know that T.A.M. are making this their last season with GT and plan on moving across to Assetto Corsa. At the moment I'm unable to justify the outlay for the hardware necessary to make that jump, especially as I think that my G25 wouldn't be PC compatible. However, if there was a mass move from my GBRC/GTArena buddies I'd make sure that the funds were available somehow I'm sure.

Can you imagine what it would be like, being able to have glitch free races of 20 or more racers, without having to shell out iRacer type of costs. I'd be up for that.

Cheers, Zo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.