1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event GBRC Q1 Renault Sport Trophy Series

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calvin_P93

Club GBRC

My Jeaney they were to cracking races last night really enjoyed them. Well done to Jim and Nail super driving just couldent match the pace.
    Itried to go as fast as possible for as long as possible in both races throwing caution to the wind. Had a great battle with coke (nige) in race one, reno need to edit the specs on that megane after that drive nige, made that thing as wide as the track great drive.

Race two was so close bar nail off in the distance, was behind him for abit but he just pulled away. Last lap was great stuff, Jim you jammy dodger :caked: pipping me on the last lap, in fairness you were much quicked great driving and well deserved 2nd.

Looking forward to the next one

2. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Hi lads, split up the Div1 / Div2 results now, so Division 1 stats updated here ;

http://www.gtarena.com/content.php/774-gt-arena-gbrc-stats

Division 1 update;
    Jim certainly had some pace at Nurb GP/F & is gradually extending his lead at the top with 180pts. Calvin (162pts) might have to look over his shoulder as Oldnail's jumping up the standings on 144pts. Looks a good battle for 4th & 5th between Fido 123pts & Coke 122pts.

Division 2 will be updated after I work out pole & fastest laps

3. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Championship Stats updated.
    http://www.gtarena.com/content.php/7...ena-gbrc-stats

Division 1 update;
    Jim certainly had some pace at Nurb GP/F & is gradually extending his lead at the top with 180pts. Calvin (162pts) might have to look over his shoulder as Oldnail's jumping up the standings on 144pts. Looks a good battle for 4th & 5th between Fido 123pts & Coke 122pts.

Division 2 update :
    Nurb GP/F only saw 3 div 2 members race. But after two 3rd's, Pole & fastest lap, Silverline now heads the Div 2 leaderboard with 152pts. Bnic11 moves up to 2nd with 148pts & Carlos is catching both of them after missing the 1st round, with 139pts.

Next Sunday we're off to the fast flowing curves of Apricot Hill in the Megane Trophy Base Model race car.

PLEASE NOTE : the room will be set to TUNING PROHIBITED
    Just make sure you change the oil to get 377bhp.

#163 bnic11, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  4. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just had a look at the settings options for lobbies and the BHP is either 374 or 384 and weight is either 950 or 960.

It's never straight forward this game is it?:frusty:

5. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Maybe it's a sign they should be run with tuning prohibited... (only say that because I can't tune for squat!)

6. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Cheers Lads, yeah just been on doing some testing & I think we will just go with tuning prohibited to make things simple (hopefully) The car is pretty good just stock anyway.

Sorry for the confusion :crazy:

#166 bnic11, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  7. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Bruce I was only joking, I'd be running mine nigh on stock anyway, A) because I can't tune and B) the car is nicely balanced as it is.

I wouldn't want to influence your decision on this as I'll be abscent from the final weekend anyway.

8. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Staying with prohibited tuning, as you say Jim, the cars pretty good as stock.

There's going to be plenty of opportunities in the KOTR series for tuning.

9. oldnail

Club GBRC

Really sorry chaps, not going to be able to make it tonight. Hope you all have a good race. See you at Brands next week.

10. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Don't know about you Bruce, but every time I have a go at tuning the car its never as stable as the default settings, all this talk of re-modeling the suspension I can't see that has worked at all.

I'm not very impressed with GT6, never thought I would hear myself ever saying that about Gran Turismo, but there it is.

Hope to make it tonight being mothering Sunday, depends on how soon the family dinner is over.

11. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Phil I have noticed that the cars in this game has the same problem with Forza tuning. They dont like camber. I noticed increasing the front camber increases understeer and the rear oversteer. I also noticed that toe has a lot more impact on handling. Hope this helps

On another note wont be there tonight. I raced in the rain yesterday and was too knackered to do any school work so I'm playing catchup today. I'll try to make it for the series finale!

12. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Get where your coming from Phil I'm not impressed at all and it looks like most people think the same 50 notes for a game thats 60percent it should have gone 5.5 20 squid then 6 on the ps4 I think most lads will port to the PC by the time its sorted regarding tuning use the stock racing set ups they seem spot on

13. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thats a shame Nail, was hoping it would be a fair fight for the title seeing as you missed the first week and I'll be missing the last, hope it's nothing serious causing you to miss the race.
    Cal, got a feeling you'll get your second championship taking in to account Nail's and my abscences without looking at the numbers.

Hopefully I'll be able to drive a little more sensibly than I did in testing the other night with Phil and Bruce, had a quick few laps earlier and reaffirmed my love of this track, it's a cracker!!

14. oldnail

Club GBRC

Nothing serious Jim, just Mothers day stuff, I completely forgot about it! Nevermind, sure you will do well tonight. Good luck and looking forward to Brands next week, shame you can't make that one!

15. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Thanks for letting me know Nail, Roman.

Just to confirm, room will be set to TUNING PROHIBITED

We wil try one room tonight & see how it goes.

If everyone could join a bit earlier, we will still have time to split into two rooms if numbers are up.

16. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Will try to join early but might struggle a little

17. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Can I gate crash your event tonight. Also is there a chance of rain as I can't afford wet tyres....... C y'all later.

18. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

.....but will do a seasonal if rain is forecast!

19. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Enjoyed tonight first race was very close, well done to Jim as ever out at the front but really close battle between end myself and Carl snapping at my rear bumper all the time, great racing lads.

second race started well until I got kicked, but on getting back in the room it gave me a chance to be a passenger with Jim and have to say you are just so consistent and smooth every lap so then decided to sit with Phill and it was just like being with Jim, again just consistent and smooth so while I would have like to have completed race it was fun being passenger.

20. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Nigel. Sorry you got booted by the server.

Well done Jim.

Thanks for the company gents was a great night, apologies to Calvin wheel went off center, I was trying to make for the grass to get out the way but it was hard where we were on the track at that time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.