1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event GBRC Q1 Rocket Car Cup

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by Tommyzoom99, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Seems like far too many issues happening last night to blame just a slow connection speed.

Members not seeing room, random people being kicked, people complaining about lack of grip, sound problems, track jumping / jittering, it goes on & on.

Come on PD, this is destroying Online racing !

2. tyrrell_

Club GBRC

Massive congratulations to Zeb for official win numero uno! An outstanding drive, metronomic pace, well deserved.

But the question remains (unless it was written somewhere and I missed it):

Was Div 1 lobby set to 'Friends Only' or Public?

3. Tommyzoom99

Aministrator Club GBRC

Hi lads
    Hope you all had a good race last night; i got booted after it started then logged back and couldn’t see the room rebooted my PS3 still nothing so i gave up in the end what a nightmare! Getting fed up with GT6 severs already.

well done to the victors and Zeb get on buddy!

well it seem like a few issiues last night again with the newer tracks sort it out PD!! i'll have a think of what we can do about this

Cheers Tommy

4. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

@Tyrrell I think it was friends only, are.you thinking this is the problemo?

5. tyrrell_

Club GBRC

Well Jim, whenever I've used Friends Only, I've had problems both with people failing to see the room, and also with staying connected. With Public, there have been a few bootings, including of myself, but it does seem to be markedly more reliable. Not a single disconnect last night. Just have to set a suitable room title, like PRIVATE - SIGNUPS ONLY, or MEMBERS ONLY.

Bathurst Results:
    Race 1:
    Pole: Silverline
    Fastest lap: tyrrell
    1. tyrrell
    2. uwanq
    3. silver
    4. zeb
    5. squid
    6. jamie
    7. dranddad

Race 2:
    Fastest lap: uwanq
    1. zeb
    2. tyrrell
    3. uwanq
    4. silver
    5. jamie

6. Calvin_P93

Club GBRC

last nights racing was frustrating to say the least, Bathurst is one of my fav tracks and it was shaping up to be a cracker but then the issues started roman got disconnected then bruce and tommy i think, its getting silly at this stage PD may sort it soon. its a pity really coz it would have been a fantastic championchip if not for server problems, grip loss, glitches and being a :censored: in general. Hopefully PD get updates out faster with community back and bug fixes. it seems like the newer bigger tracks are causing most of the problems my guess is that there is so much detailing in the likes of ascari and bathurst that the aging ps3 cant keep up thats just my 2 cents tho.

7. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

I was following very close to you two when that happened and slipped through the middle of you, looked like a racing incident from behind. I'm sure I saved the replay, I'll have a look if you wish.

Yes Silver it was the flickering light and shadows, the only place it was ok for me was the last straight round to the first straight. at the top it affected my eyes so much I kept just running into walls as I could not focus at all. Thought best stop before I throw myself on the floor again like a quivering wreak.

I'll have to watch the settings me thinks, if they are set to times that may affect me I'll just sit it out.

I did see 9 members in your lounge Carl and only 6 in Tyrrell's so I asked if I could join them, but stay out the way. I did notice they were running open lobby and no mics, the driving line may have helped my situation of not being able to see with the light changes :noidea: but that was turned off. Anyway that made 7, we did have outsiders join in and out of the room through the race but this didn't seem to affect the smooth running of the lounge, at times there could have been 9 or 10 in the lobby.

This could be an idea to run an open lobby, set the room number to how ever many are going to take part, that is if you can't change it in house once all members are in :noidea: not tried this with our new setting we have in race options. Three or four of us will have to test this out in a casual meet before next round.

8. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

what a disaster, got booted mid race 1, got back in for race 2 but the room was reset so we had to line up on track to set the reverse grid, my thinking was because i got booted from race 1 means I came last, so should start race 2 from 1st? yeah? so there i was lined up and Scenga bangs into me and starts reving up beside me nudging me??? dude wtf were you at? was extremely off putting as i thaught i had done something wrong and then coke lined up infront of me, i didnt know what was going on so confused??? couldnt settle down for the race at all.

9. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

I feel for you guys. The morning after a race event I usually read through a healthy list of "well done's and good show's, great race etc" coupled with "#**#ing PD, booted glitchy etc etc"

It's a shame because I rarely get issues playing online in random rooms. It seems to be worse when people meet up at a certain time to race (usually the same group)...... Sorry to hear you guys had problems again.

From a tecky point of view...(sorry I can't help defaulting to that) Is everyone wired, uPnP'd NAT2 etc etc other people in house banned from Internet, all other devices Wifi disabled etc etc(mobile phones/laptops/tablets/wifi picture frames etc all these devices take away resources from domestic routers which in theory could cause a temp loss in connection resulting in a boot/glitch). I know it's not possible for everyone but this does help. Limiting your router down to 1 device makes it more stable. It's food for thought and if anyone would like help here send e message.

Eg
    Same registered racers meet up each Sunday and experience the same bank of problems. I'd imagine there is a reason for this within the group. Tracking and isolating the reason is the key.

Either way, well done to all who raced I've been keeping and eye on the thread and looks very competitive, shame the service isn't up to par.

10. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thx all you guys =)
    I must say I hade o lot of luck because Ty spunn out but... bad luck for you and the first win for me. Sooooo nervous at the end.... got to say I love that track.
    Think it will be back to reality next week.
    In the first rac I was near a 3rd but a little unlucky with a bump in the rear ;) on the 8th lap. but shit happens.... =)
    So thx again racing freinds.

11. Squidward1125

Club GBRC Club ALV

I tried to squeeze a Rocket through a firecracker hole...I'll accept any punishment. Have a look if you got the time

12. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

I dont have any problems with it so... NO penalty!

13. Squidward1125

Club GBRC Club ALV

I appreciate it Zeb but my greed got the best of me. Took you out of a possible podium. I felt really bad about it and kinda didn't want to race anymore after that.

Besides, after this past weekend I'm most likely out of championship contention so a deserving penalty won't hurt as bad

14. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hey I got rewarded in the second race =) no problems m8. I have seen wors.

15. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

I'm in agreement with you on this Tyrell, because I even have my practice online room that is set to friends only and I've been kicked out of my own room with only me in it and I'm on fibre optic, plus the fact finding peoples rooms is difficult, this happens nearly everytime you come out of a room then try to go back in and can't see it, usually rebooting your ps3 does it, but you shouldn't have to do that, that filter button on the lobby screen ( the friends only one ) doesn't work properly there's a delay !! So going by last night a public room is the way to go !

The Bathurst track is glitchy, I never noticed until like I said in an earlier post it was because the room was set at 16.00 and so this casts shadows around the mountain section making judging the tight turns difficult and after a while made your eyes go funny !!Even when you watch the replays that track doesn't have the smoothest of graphics.

To be honest though these sorts of problems are nothing new, when I was racing in other leagues there was always problems, Grid, GT5, F1 ...As the saying goes "you get what you pay for !!" Wonder if PS4 owners have these probs !! hmmm lol

16. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Been playing, now I don't think anything is going to change this side of GT5 going off line which is May if I remember right. I've found you cant change the numbers in the room once the room is online. But you can I've found set the PP and the BHP / weight whereas before you had to do one or the other.

So until things change I would say run open lobbies, set pp and BHP. weight is is no good with this car as the setting starts @500kg.

Have all members post if they are going to take part in that weeks (Sunday Rocket) race, then set the room number before opening the room.

17. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

As previously discussed in other threads I think the setting that enables fixed room ownership also aids stability (unfortunately if the host looses connection everyone does)

Shockingly bad performance online from PD. You guys have been let down big time during this event.

#297 ejd_eire, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  18. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Certainly worth a try next week Phill, thanks for checking that out.

Its worth trying all the possible alternatives to see what works best, but its difficult because we are all getting different problems & Roman seems to be affected the most.

19. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi All,
    Just been looking on the PS home screen. Wondering if racers could do a "network connection test"
    Maybe reporting the following could help pick a host or highlight a potential problem.

NAT type
    uPnP
    Connection type: wired/wireless
    Up/down speeds

20. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

This may help with bnics event this still does not help with the current championship as lots off peaple have been affected. Personally I think this championship Has had that many problems that it may not be worth counting just to many problems we have had disconnects before but never lag poor grip etc we need to find the best set up for bnics event fixed host open lobby etc. Maybe use the last rocket to test these settings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.