1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event GBRC Q1 Rocket Car Cup

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by Tommyzoom99, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

We all posted up our PSN connection test & Speedtest.net results a while back, but seems like problems still occur, even with some of the faster connections.

I'm getting fiber broadband installed next week and have been told I should get about 76mbps down & 13mbps up, so hopefully will be at full speed for my event, but this does not guarantee a trouble free room. It could be that certain members have compatibility problems, we have seen this happen before.

2. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Clay I know Scenga is a real gent on track and would not be aggressive but I would imagine it was a lobby problem.
    I was hosting that second race and after we all lined up when I went to start the race with my foot hard on the brake my car moved forward banged into someone all with a mind of its own.
    Sorry if it unsettled you but to be honest the whole thing with room problems and sound problems was off-putting to say the least.
    Hope that sheds some light on it:D

3. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Could anyone post up the results of Race 1 & Race 2 for Tommy........I got d/c'd straight after Race 1 so dont have full results.

4. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Pole: Calvin

Race one

1. Calvin_P93
    2. Bnic11
    3. Fido996
    4. GBRC_JannerJim
    5. Cokebloke
    6. RER_MADDMAXX
    7. Scenga77744
    8. GT1372
    9. Tommyzoom99

Fastest lap: Calvin_P93 2:17.704

Race two

1. Fido996
    2. RER_MADDMAXX
    3. Calvin_P93
    4. GBRC_JannerJim
    5. Bnic11
    6. Scenga77744
    7. GT1372
    8. Cokebloke

Fastest lap Calvin_P93 2:18.223

Thinks thats all, if not give me a shout. I've got both replays.

Cheers.

5. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Many thanks Steve, have you come down from your winning 'high' yet ? ......how many times have you watched the Race 2 replay ? :first:

6. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ha! Its on now!

I must admit, I'm more chuffed about the amount of overtakes I made without ruining anyone else's race! Especially the last lap on the second race.

If it had been two laps longer both Calvin and Jim would have been there mixing it as well

7. Squidward1125

Club GBRC Club ALV

I won't be able to make the Race sunday

8. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

What sort of lap times are you getting on Autumn Ring ?

9. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

I did some running there last weekend with Derrick but in all honesty I can't remember the lap times, would 1.20ish sound about right? Seems to ring a bell.

10. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Cheers, i'll get to it then :)

11. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Apologies but not going to be able to make tonight race ...........have a good one

12. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Brilliant series, thanks Tommy for organising it, shame about the server issues but it was good to end the series on a posative with really good clean racing all round. I felt it was good to see every one mucking in and different people trying to help when things were going wrong but that is what the club is all about.
    Congratulations to to Calvin for the series win some of you guys are so quick and consistent, good to see.

13. Tommyzoom99

Aministrator Club GBRC

Hi lads</SPAN>

Great racing last for me really enjoyed the battles i had thought out the field was very close. Race 1 me and cokebloke qualified around 7[SUP]th</SPAN>[/SUP] and 8[SUP]th</SPAN>[/SUP] and i stayed glued to cokes bumper as we set off there was a 6 car train all chasing round for around 10 laps flat-out then managed to get past a few people and a few made errors at 1 point fido then Clay both dropped back in to pack but me and coke slipped through, then it was down to the final couple laps pressuring coke to make a mistake, he made the smallest of errors and i made a move for the inside and made it stick with about 6 corners to go to nab 3[SUP]rd</SPAN>[/SUP] from coke, have to say coke i watched the replay before bed and it was ace.</SPAN>

Second race was tough i dropped back to last on the first few laps as it get pretty hectic on reverse grids, then worked my way up the grid catching and passing people, then Jamie had a moment lost the back end and went sideways into me, which took me clean off the track but i could see it was a pure accident, got out the gravel after losing about 3 or 4 places, got my head down and started another charge caught a few people and a few people crashed and i ended up in 5[SUP]th</SPAN>[/SUP] so all in all a good nights racing.</SPAN>

Well done Calvin im sure you got the title now, and well done everyone else putting aside the poor servers i really enjoyed the first series so close racing in a tricky car.</SPAN>

Cheers Tommy</SPAN>

14. Calvin_P93

Club GBRC

Great racing by all last night, best race of the series with a packed grid of 12 and no server problems, Roman you really missed out on a cracking nights racing buddy

Quali was intense, positions were changing every lap thought i had pole but Jim pipped me and then Steve you sneaky fella put in a blistering lap for pole great time . I think the top 6 were covered by around half a second so was very close. Race one got under way and myself Jim Steve and clay made a break from the train behind us, watching back over the replay showed just how close we all were, nose to tail stuff super racing. Great dicing with Steve, Jim and Clay for most of race 1. Second race was a long one, 32 laps had brilliant fun for all 32. Super racing with everyone and well done to Jim for the win, perfect drive !

Despite all the server issues and what not it was great to end the series with 2 great races. I really engoyed the series,big thanks to Tommyzoom for putting it on.
    Roll on the Renault series:roll:

Peace:peace:
    Cal

15. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

What a night! My highlight was qualifying. Pole was swapping almost every lap it seemed between Jim and Calvin. Clay and Coke weren't far off either. It was all very close, one tenth could see you climb a spot or two. I think I just managed to put together one of those laps you get every once in a while. But I must admit, it did feel good! lol

After that I was on a gentle down hill slope. Race one and I got away well for a change. With three others chasing me down hard, I had no chance of making a getaway. Then came my customary mistake. I ran wide coming onto the other start finish straight from the mini circuit and got dirty tyres and ran wide at the hairpin. This let five people pass. I was lucky enough to finish the race in fifth but it could've been so much lower.

Race two was always going to be hard, reverse grid, everyone running a similar pace and not many places to overtake. So it wasn't long before a major incident occurred. Zeb seemed to miss the apex at the first corner which caused him to have a slow exit speed. This gave everyone behind a chance to make a move. Uwanq went first, got side by side with Zeb, collided, and then was instantly away at the apex like he was never there. Zeb by this time had to slow to make the corner. This allowed Jamiengemto pass then GT1372 touched wheels as he went past. Then I caught Zeb. We seemed to make contact at the corner, although it's hard to tell from the replay. Zeb by this time was hard on the brakes and this caused a chain reaction behind with people running into one another. I was still trying to race after this and it took me a while to realise what had happened. So a few corners later I ran off the circuit whilst looking for Zeb on the map. He eventually caught up and went back past, so off we went again. By this time I was so far back the race was a write off.

So, it took me a while, but I slowly got to grips with the car. A great choice for a first and thanks must go to TommyZoom for setting up our first series. Connection issues aside, there's been some great, close racing. All I need to do now is learn how to overtake properly. lol

Finally, apologies to Zebaldus on managing to ruin your race. Completely unintentional, I shall be more patient in the future.

Cheers for reading.

16. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nonono Fido Derek hit me in the side and then after that, well. Its rather narrow in those corners but many racers cant overtake me fast enough.
    Shit happends I know that and Im used to it but sorry if messed up for you Fido. There where so many cars around me and I didnt know where to go after I got controll over my slide.
    It was indeed a fun serie and I got my first win even if a little luck was involved. Thx to the hosters and now I will take a brake due to a move from house to appartment. So no turtle for a while. =)

1 person likes this.
  17. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Well having not long been a member, this was my first Championship and it was a pleasure to be taking part in some good clean and fair racing, I only disconnected once in the whole series so I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Sorry for nearly taking someone out on the second race last night on the first lap, think it might have been Fido, I took a picture of it anyway, it was very close lol !!

Thanks for a great Championship Tommy :)

18. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

N1 Tommy even with the connection problems it had moments off glory I had a mixed race qualified fairly high then lost places to Tommy and then had offs second race I had a 5second lead only to have that eroded by Calvin and Jim I attempted to keep with them using some off there lines going off after 5 laps then 3_ more times unlike me I had no consistency little practice and problems with connection s Looking forward to bnics see you all there

19. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great racing as always, quali was great, trading places all throughout, I remwmber seeing Calvins 19.3 and thinking I can't match that, then came in 0.002 behind and was jnspired to have one more lap, low and behold I was quater of a second up in the first sector and came in with a 19 flat, had to see to little un after that only to come back and see Steve pip me by a whisker, can't remember the gap but it was caertainly less than half a tenth, close stuff!!

Struggled a little in the opening laps of race 1 with a gap opening between Steve and Cal's battle and mine and Clays, but a little moment gave me the chance to nip by and have the rest of the race battling with Cal.

20. Tommyzoom99

Aministrator Club GBRC

cheers lads has been great fun even with server issues i had some great races and have some great replays to watch :) and even managed a podium on the last round and didnt crash in both races!.

i have all the results so will updated the results later today or tomorrow and relase the offical finishing spots,

and thanks to tyrrell for hosting div2

cheers tommy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.