1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event GBRC Q1 Toyota Stock Car Challenge

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by mightylieven, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Please, don't get me wrong. I'm looking forward to the challenge of getting near the sharp end. And who knows, it may rain again. If it does then the lack of power will be negated (hopefully!). It'll certainly make for a less aggressive car in the wet.

As for the handicap system, all I would say is try not to over complicate things. I know you're trying to level the playing field and to have a tight championship. It seems to be working well as it is.
    :thumb:

2. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

How about championship leader gets 2% and 2nd place gets 1%, simples.

3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just given the FT 1 a try and I would give all my votes to this car, it's a fab drive and I believe would make exciting racing.
    Sorry to change my mind.

4. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Gona try make this - c ya then.

5. mightylieven

Club GBRC

an unexpected twist to last weeks votes and we can now confirm the race will be driven in the Toyota FT-1. Qualifying will be done in the Supra RZ

6. mightylieven

Club GBRC

Most likely it will be raining guys!

7. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great, I've been practicing with the wrong car!

8. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Should do alright in qualifying then Steve!!

99% sure I won't make it tonight gents, shame as I always love racing at Motegi, have fun without me (unless the 1% pays off!)

9. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

sorry guys I dont have the FT1 or the credits to buy 1!!!

10. Zolon32

Club GBRC

I don't know how much it is ej, but the Red Bull Challenge (or whatever it's called) pays 2 million credits per gold.

Cheers, Zo.

11. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Motegi has to be my most favourite circuit in the GT series, I always go well there. But I was shocked by my pace last night, especially grabbing pole! So all that practice paid off Jim! lol

Then onto the main event in a car that I'd only used in a seasonal. Lieven had good pace as well and was past me after half a lap. he then stretched out a lead of about three seconds over the next few laps until he made a mistake (yes, a mistake from Lieven!) which allowed me to re-take the lead. I then managed to slowly put a bit of breathing space between myself and Calvin.

Then my concentration started to wander as to pit strategy. I was so busy looking at the info on the screen, trying to formulate a plan, that I lost my rhythm and span into a wall. This gave me engine damage so I definitely needed to pit. This was lap eleven. It was touch and go if the car would make it to the end on a full tank from this position.

After the stop I re-emerged in fifth place. Still not convinced about having enough go go juice, I started short shifting. The car handled it beautifully. Oodles of torque. I started to reel people back in after their stops, Lieven came out and we were side by side. He soon got past and was going away slowly. That is until coming out of the final corner, he seemed to just clip the grass on exit which sent the car to the opposite side of the track and into the pit wall. This put him out of the running, a full lap with engine damage.

Once all the stops were out of the way and I'd been getting my head down trying to put in consistent times, I realised that I was back in the lead. Not entirely sure how, but nonetheless, there I was. There was a steadily growing gap between myself and Calvin. Then with about five laps to go, Calvin started to apply the pressure. He took about two seconds out my lead at one point. This prompted me to put my foot down a bit harder, still mindful of the fuel situation. With three laps to go I decided to bite the bullet and pit for a splash & dash. This put me eighteen seconds behind the leader. Now I could go flat out. I knew I wouldn't catch Calvin. The best I could hope for was a mistake from Cal so I could close the gap. Needless to say he kept it pointing in the right direction to take a well deserved win by eight seconds.

Next week will be hard work, trying to tame and control high powered, light weight prototypes. But with the power deficit I'm hoping it'll make them a little easier handle. My vote goes to the GT-One for the race.

Cheers to Lieven for arranging and host the event, see you all next week for the series finale!

Thanks for reading.

12. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'll leave it to Lieven to work out but it's looking very close for the last round. Mind you, maths was never my strong point!

13. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi guys,

I rejoined to watch while feeding the little one (after sayig I would steer clear) and Im glad I did.

I got to watch some serious racing from all involved. Fido, thanks for the recap as I went to make a cup of tea and couldn't figure out how u had lost the lead!!!! the splash and dash.....hard luck. Its a pity because you were cruising home for a victory. Your short shifting tekkers was fantastic and an eyeopener for me concerning high torque cars and defo the way that car should be driven. Well done to all really enjoyed watching that race.

Eoin

14. Zolon32

Club GBRC

I HATE MOTEGI! And especially so after qualifying on S/H, then starting the 28th lap in third and finishing in 5th. Horrible place in my opinion.

Sill, it's got to be better next week, hasn't it? I don't even know where we're racing, but the Minolta gets my vote. To be honest the Minolta is my favourite car in the game, so that's not surprising really.

Cheers, Zo.

15. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

My vote would be for the
    Toyota Minolta 88C-V '89

16. mightylieven

Club GBRC

pole position:
    fido996 2'11'223

starting grid:
    fido996
    mightylieven
    Calvin_P93
    cokebloke
    GT1372
    Zolon32

finishline:
    1. Calvin_P93
    2. Fido996
    3. cokebloke
    4. mightylieven
    5. Zolon32
    6. GT1372

fastest lap:
    1. mightylieven 1'58'425
    2. Calvin_P93 1'58'838
    3. Fido996 1'59'234
    4. cokebloke 2'00'062
    5. Zolon32 2'00'771
    6. GT1372 2'01'139

17. mightylieven

Club GBRC

standings:

[TABLE]
    <colgroup><col style="width: 159px"></colgroup><tbody>[TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Mightylieven 107pts[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Fido996 101pts[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Calvin_P93 87pts[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Jimantonic 85pts[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Cokebloke 68pts[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]GT1372 55pts[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Zolon32 54pts[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Numbnuts 37pts[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]ejd_IRE 29pts[/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

18. mightylieven

Club GBRC

can some race steward watch my move in lap 17 after having crashed my car at the finish line? i went against the race direction to get to the pits... any penalties?

19. mightylieven

Club GBRC

votes for next race:

toyota minolta:
    cokebloke 5pts
    zolon32 7pts
    mightylieven 1pt

toyota GT-1:
    fido996 2pts

20. Zolon32

Club GBRC

Yes, minus 107!

I noticed you doing this on the map Lieven, I thought 'cheeky monkey' and had a little giggle to myself. I'm very easily amused.

Cheers, Zo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.