1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event GBRC Q1 Toyota Stock Car Challenge

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by mightylieven, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

In my local karting track I got threatened with a ban for doing that!

2. Zolon32

Club GBRC

Yeah, that and the thing with the stuffed Giant Panda ej :smile:.

Cheers, Zo

3. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

There was no specific notice about dragging a stuffed panda around the track!!

4. mightylieven

Club GBRC

lost all points for last race because of my pit move. Being honest doesn't always pay off, I should have kept my mouth shut :). Even my fastest lap 3 points are gone... No way someone will be able to get Fido from a championship win next thursday :).

5. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

But you win the scoundrel award.

6. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Being honest does pay off. I'm sure you would not want to win a championship by cheating Lieven.

7. Zolon32

Club GBRC

I understand your frustration Lieven. Having said that, I don't want to comment on the rights or wrongs of the punishment, it's Admin's call and that is that.

At the end of the day I like to look upon racing in the same way the great Sir Stirling Moss does. For him championships hold little meaning, it's the race itself, lap by lap and moment by moment, dicing as hard as possible within the spirit of the event. I savour individual scraps more than any championship. Indeed, I'd be thoroughly fed up with myself if I found I was backing away from the scrap one time for the sake of trying to secure mid table points to win a championship. (This is, of course, an entirely fictitious case.)

Cheers, Zo.

And well done to Fido for his championship win, even though it's meaningless :whistle:

The way he was going yesterday there was no stopping him anyway Lieven, it has to be said.

8. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hold on! There's still one race to go yet! Any number of things could happen. I've had races in this series and the previous BMW series where for one reason or another, I haven't finished the race. And knowing what the servers are like, I could even be disconnected. I hope not because I enjoy the racing.

This is racing after all, anything could happen.

9. mightylieven

Club GBRC

hey hey guys, didn't you see the smilies? I'm not frustrated at all, I was just joking around... maybe just to clear things out: not a second I was thinking about saving championship points when making my reverse move. Would never try to cheat like that, it's just a game...! I only was like: no way I'm going to have a full lap with full engine damage on this track.

hope that lightens up things a bit... :).

x

10. Zolon32

Club GBRC

I thought they were ironic :llama: (not a clue what the Llama's about.)

Cheers, Zo.

11. mightylieven

Club GBRC

penalties for tonight:

fido996: 4%
    Calvin_P93: 4%

12. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Excuse my absence again chaps, not got my rig rigged up just yet, have fun, gutted I'm missing the big beasties again :(

13. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Both cars sorted and ready to go. Sorry to hear you won't be there Jim for the finale.

14. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry for leaving early before joining I altered some settings on my wife's iPhone and lost all her contacts which didn't go down well so I was thinking what I could do and not concentrating

15. mightylieven

Club GBRC

no worries coke! 4 was a few too many anyway :)...

16. mightylieven

Club GBRC

the stats:

pole position:
    mightylieven 1'22'602

starting grid:
    mightylieven
    Fido996
    cokebloke
    Zolon32

finish line:
    1. mightylieven
    2. Fido996
    3. Zolon32

Fastest laps:
    didn't save the replay so I'm not sure. Z or Steve did you save it?
    1. mightylieven 1'19'3xx
    2. Fido996
    3. Zolon32

17. mightylieven

Club GBRC

and the FINAL CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS:

[TABLE]
    <colgroup><col style="width: 159px"></colgroup><tbody>[TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Fido996 123[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Mightylieven 119[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Calvin_P93 87[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Jimantonic 85[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Zolon32 73[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Cokebloke 68[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]GT1372 55[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Numbnuts 37[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]ejd_IRE 29[/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

congratulations Fido!!!!!!!!

18. Zolon32

Club GBRC

Yes, well done Steve and well done Lieven for pulling the whole thing together. Don't be discouraged by the dwindling numbers fella, I remember Leon's Cock and Pussie championship which ended up with just four of us in the final race too. I don't understand why it happens, but it often does.

Single, stand alone evenings with one, two or three races might be the way forward. There's certainly no shortage of potential types of vehicle to scrap with in this game, that's the one thing they've got right.

Cheers, Zo.

19. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done Steve you drove well and deserved the win.

Cheers Lieven for holding the event and as Zolon said numbers do often dwindle especially when life's events take over.

20. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Congrats Steve, well done Liev for putting it all together, again gutted I missed this, hopefully I'll be back to it soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.