1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

GBRC News GR.4 Data and Testing

Discussion in 'GBRC News' started by Lunchbox, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Thought i would pool all the information here.

GR.4 spread sheet Here

20 cars in total to test
    max torque up to 50
    added bhp, weight and pwr

Test tracks Tskuba

Yamagiwa tests

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice work Jason, Scirocco vs TT Cup?;)

3. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Thanks Steve there all very close i think with a little testing this should be a good series.

Updated the spread sheet to include Yamagiwa you can find these at the bottom of the page.

added my times and if anybody wants access to edit the sheet then pm me you google email so i can add you to get access

#3 Lunchbox, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    bnic11 and Fido996 like this.
  4. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Great work Jason.......like the spreadsheet !

5. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Added Nurburgring with times.
    added drive type on car list.

Robabt111, cokebloke and bnic11 like this.
  6. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great work Jason thanks

7. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Had a quick test @ blue moon speedway and found out that there is a oval bop mode which then =all the cars out I'm confused why it needs a oval bop so if you go into time trial and select bop it shows oval so my idea to see which car has the fastest speed goes out of the window
    For reference the mustang was the slowest car out of 4 I tested the gt86 being the fastest

Lunchbox, Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  8. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Added Monza to the spread sheet.

Thanks for testing Carl the only reason i could see for a ovel bop is for the reason behind your argument check the max torque of the cars against my spread sheet.

Robabt111 likes this.
  9. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Great night tonight thank you for taking time out with testing we have a good base now to add to the car roster and maybe get the gr.4 series we deserve.

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  10. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Was great fun Jason thank you and look forward to Thursday

Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  11. What cars and tracks did you look at tonight?

12. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Track yamagiwa
    cars
    bmw m4
    hyundai genesis
    mercedes amg
    toyota 86
    porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
    ferrari 458
    mazda atenza
    lexus rcf

took a lot of time but we got a base of cars with more testing Thursday and Sunday we should have it sorted.

13. Is that the list of cars you're thinking of settling with or just what you tested last night?

14. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

The base is the
    Toyota
    Hyundai
    BMW
    The rest are potential cars, we tested all of them. The front wheel drive seem to be over powered like the sirocco and the tt.

Robabt111 likes this.
  15. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

These are the cars tested my list is at home but after one nights testing believe we have a core group that created some very close racing
    Genesis
    Toyota G86
    Bmw
    We will continue testing and use these cars as the benchmark.
    From there on we will create other list putting groups of cars that create close racing in race conditions so we can end up with our own “classes” as such, we will be looking at 4xdrive and FWD to add to the mix with these core groups.
    After testing then racing we did get some brilliant VERY close racing so it’s all very positive.

Think I’ve got that about right

Jimantonic'82, Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  16. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry Jason we must have been typing at the same time:D

Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  17. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Very positive indeed will make a nice change to the racing having different makes. What stood out for me was that I was faster in some cars compared to other drivers. The more range of cars will give a better choice to suit the driver making it even closer .

Robabt111 likes this.
  18. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I agree Jason and that was the benefit of last night, for those that couldn’t be there four of us were on track tried four cars if they seemed close we would use the same cars but swop, We all experienced the same I was slowish in the Ferrari Carl got fastest lap when he drove it (no supprise there) The AUDI TT was the winner most races when used but I was able to beat it in the Cayman but the Cayman was further back in other races but some cars suited differant drivers.
    This all goes to show the advantage of real life testing with races as all the variables come in to play and we can get good averages to group the cars together.
    Can’t wait for Thursday

#18 cokebloke, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  19. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Great work lads

Tried a few laps around Yamagiwa last night........then realized I was way, way off the pace in every car I tried. Jason, you must be a master around there !

One thing that could help clip the wings of the FWDs and balance things out is setting up tyre wear correctly in races. Ideally just enough to get the FWDs scrabbling for grip in the last third of a race.

In PD's recent Weekly races, it seems the Veyron / Huracan / GTR are the preferred cars at the moment.

Lunchbox, Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  20. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member