1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

GBRC News GR.4 Data and Testing

Discussion in 'GBRC News' started by Lunchbox, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

I tested in arcade mode not online the difference between the two can be over a second and yes you could say this is my favorite track ;)

Thanks for the info Carl

Went back to track after work and thought i would put some time in on the slower cars and boy was i surprised.

in my test and top of the leader board for yamagiwa is the atenza!
    i am pushing the limit on this track now with a time of 1:41.999 replay shared on gt sport
    The 458 is knocking on the door of the bmw now with a time of 1:42.041

keep an eye on the spread sheet

Robabt111, cokebloke and bnic11 like this.
  2. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Setting this one up is not easy some peaple suit different cars..
    But creating the event around these 3 cars is the way to do it the front wheel drives are out they are way to fast they will go in to a class of there own
    The last few races reminded me of touring cars so maybe we can name this the GBRC touring car class adding some 4wd into it will give some other options
    Thursday we will add some more into the mix ultimately one car will be the fastest but not by much and we might be able to stop the fastest drivers having the fastest car but including Steven's rule into the racing will even it out.
    Remember lap times are not a true rule of thumb as the bop just restricts the cars on different parts of the track.
    We will no dout end up with 7 or 8 cars maybe less and then we will test them until we are happy that close racing exists .
    Good effort Lads

Robabt111, cokebloke and Lunchbox like this.
  3. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

You could argue the case that more time spent in the car will give better results. Trouble with testing is you constantly swapping cars then have to get use to how it handles.
    Just from the times below i can see roughly twelve cars that we could possibly use.

Here are some times in the test session

toyota 86 1:41.645
    lamborghini huracan 1:41.669
    jaguar f-type 1:41.729
    bmw m4 1:41.769
    subaru wrx 1:41.822
    mitsubishi evo 1:41.886
    audi tt 1:41.930
    mazda atenza 1:41.999
    volkswagen sirroco 1:42.011
    lexus rcf 1:42.029
    ferrari 458 1:42.046
    hyundai genesis 1:42.053
    nissan gtr 1:42.067
    mercedes amg 1:42.073
    ford mustang 1:42.096
    porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport 1:42.111
    peugeot rcz 1:42.189
    renault trophy 1:42.196
    dodge viper 1:42.280
    renault megane 1:42.334
    Chevrolet Corvette c7 1:42.341
    bugatti veyron 1:42.429
    mclaren 650s 1:42.476
    alfa romeo 4c 1:42.571
    aston martin vantage 1:42.571
    honda nsx 1:42.615

#23 Lunchbox, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  4. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice one Jason looking forward to more testing.

Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  5. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Thats all very close, within a second & a nice balance of drivetrains...........well done Jason.
    Shame about the McLaren & Honda - always near the back, a bit like in F1.

6. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Put Jim in the Honda that’s his favourite car I think, he’ll get it flying :p

7. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

The last 8 cars on the list did not get tested so all could change when I get home from work.
    Starting to dial in on this track.

cokebloke and Robabt111 like this.
  8. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Really enjoyed last night gents thanks for a great night of racing and laughter, it was close racing throughout the night but Tzsuba (sure that’s spelt wrong) being a tight track was great fun.

The two guys from foreign lands where good I have sent friend requests I feel they have good potential so we will have to wait and see.

Anyway can’t wait for Sunday, I’ve always enjoyed racing but these cars have really fired me up so hopefully it will encourage more drivers to join in which I know is the reason for this excercise but it will make an amazing series within the club whatever happens.

Thanks lads

9. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Was a good nights testing and racing some close battles on yamagiwa. Changing to tskuba was a great idea spiced it up a bit. More track time needed to get a better comparison I thought. In a championship a mix of tracks short and long would balance it out. If you car was slower round a certain track then you would have to try for consistency and gain time that way on battling front runners.
    We have a good base of cars now with a couple more to consider. Looking forward to Sunday, I can't wait.

Motorhead_51, cokebloke and Robabt111 like this.
  10. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Perhaps on Sunday Jason we put the other cars you are thinking of in the mix and just have shorter races on a larger selection of tracks, just a thought....... AND no work next day could be a long night :p

Robabt111 and Motorhead_51 like this.
  11. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

That sounds like a fantastic plan Nigel. I was thinking of a track that was balanced not to technical. Like brands Hatch gp or the track we just raced the civics on. Or if you have a selection that will work.
    With a base of cars we can now test tracks and see how close we can get. But like I said before lack of track knowledge and swapping to often could give bad results.
    With no work on Monday I can test till the cows come home. I have really enjoyed the racing and trying to figure a clean way to overtake a car that has different speed round the track.
    Roll on sunday

Robabt111, cokebloke and Motorhead_51 like this.
  12. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Your advantage Jason is you’re always wicked on the late braking

Robabt111 likes this.
  13. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

It's a black art I got from a trip to the amazon. The witch doctor also warned me of a man with no clothing and a chap of fantastic consistency. Ohh and not forgetting the I'm not Scottish fellow with a wobbly table supported by folded beer mats.

14. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

That’s the last time I order anything from amazon if they are spreading those type of rumours

15. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Starting a test on dragon trail seaside with the long straight, this time i will be using potential times as this will give a perfect lap for each car.

Robabt111 likes this.
  16. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice track Jason, not sure what potential time are about, don’t worry if it involves a lot of typing you could explain to me on Sunday if that’s ok.

Robabt111 likes this.
  17. Robabt111

Club GBRC

How very dare you sir i am not a philistine , beer mats indeed i do have some books in my house :D

Lunchbox likes this.
  18. Robabt111

Club GBRC

As a base of cars is being established maybe a base of tracks should be created as Jason said earlier too much swapping cars tracks could create for some false times so to speak . I would have suggested to use some of the tracks we have used in the series events as we are more familiar with them after all we did test the BMW to death , i would imagine that three or four tracks is likely to be enough .

Lunchbox likes this.
  19. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

When your driving around the track if you press right on your controller you will come to your lap time counter.

you will have various times on it.
    the first times are your split times for each sector.
    then there is your best one off lap time
    the last is your potential lap time, this calculates all your best sectors from every lap you have done to give you your perfect lap.

This is a great tool, not only for seeing what time you could do if every sector was perfect but also in testing.
    For example if i messed up the first bend which would make the lap dead i could still race the other sectors to try and improve my potential lap.
    This function can be useful in a series as well, during qualifying if you have not got the fastest lap you can compare your potential to the fastest lap. This gives you a rough idea to what you are capable of and how far off the leaders time you are.

Agreed Rob i think Carl's input here would help us out, he as a knack for car/track combo's
    We have
    Yamagiwa and have started to try Tskuba once Tskuba is mastered maybe Brands Hatch or something similar.

20. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'll work on a track list over the weekend a idea I had was if it was say a 8 week event then you had the chance to drop to of your least best results..
    Here is my theory not every one can make it every week ie short jail terms nice weekend away with the wife over 60ts bus trip .
    So a say 8 week event turns into a 6 week event just a idea to run by.